GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Past Poo (Due) Credit Solutions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past Poo (Due) Credit Solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past Poo (Due) Credit Solutions

I've got these muppets acting on behalf of 1st Credit RE: a credit card debt from 2004. Last payment made sometime in 2006. Don't know when exactly. Niddy, very kindly, got Worst Credit off my back last year with a clever tactic that i won't mention on here just in case of prying eyes

So far they've sent me a letter telling me I owe some £1600 to Worst Credit. I decided to take the bull by the horns and see what they have on me, so sent the "prove it" letter on 16th July. Today they send me a letter dated 20th July titled "NOTICE OF IMPENDING ACTION" informing me they may recommend to their client that they should issue a claim against me in court.

I'm I right in thinking that it would be best just to ignore this until they directly address my "prove it" letter?

Just checking my logic
    Last edited by asm76; 25 July 2012, 10:25.

Re: Past Poo (Due) Credit Solutions

You really need to find out last payment date as going by the date above it is and/or near SB.

Comment

No way of finding out unfortunately. The only thing I can say for any certainty is that I was defaulted in March 2007.

Worst Credit have already offered huge discounts on this debt, which was last June.

Comment

Ok so read the legalese weasel words.....

They may recommend to their clients to issue a claim.

They have also offered you a substantial discount. Of course, there is an assumption that they have the authority to do so in the first place.

Chances are they would have taken a payment and hounded you for the balance.

Does sound like its approaching SB and they're chancing their arm.

If they've not responded to your prove it letter then theres not much more to say to them other than 'I refer you to my letter of xxxxx'

Best
        SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'll ignore this one, and see what else they send. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
            Watch out for "phantom" payments though. Don't be surprised to find that you made one 2 years ago that you weren't aware of.

Comment

I would.....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Got a reply to my prove it letter asking me to confirm a previous address for full data protection before they can issue any documentation regarding this matter!

They can't be that bothered about data protection if they've already written to me demanding money...

Comment

a one liner straight back referring them to their letter of whatever and your prove it letter. see if they can work out the logic in their wee tiny brain...................

Comment

Dear Clowns,

I refer you to my letter dated xx/xx/2012. Burden of proof lays firmly with you. If you are unsure that I am the correct person you should be chasing, I suggest you cease writing to me until you can provide clear evidence that the debt belongs to me.

Yours Sincerely
                    Me
                    Last edited by asm76; 2 August 2012, 11:41. Reason: Grammar

Comment

good one, think clowns might be too polite though..............

Comment

lol, I agree! I didn't want to blown up the swear filter though

Comment

So after them asking for more proof that I am who I say I am, they have now sent me a "Reduced Settlemnt Offer" of some £400.98p off the original debt if I pay in full today. If I don't they'll continue to contact me asking for the full amount... me, someone who they need more proof from to satisfy data protection!

Comment

So after them asking for more proof that I am who I say I am, they have now sent me a "Reduced Settlemnt Offer" of some £400.98p off the original debt if I pay in full today. If I don't they'll continue to contact me asking for the full amount... me, someone who they need more proof from to satisfy data protection!
                            See what happens......
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Oh for sure. I await their next comedy installment with great anticipation!
                              Last edited by asm76; 30 August 2012, 10:42. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Working...
                              X