GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moorcroft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moorcroft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcroft

Hi

this is my first post on this forum; last year due to a vastly reduced income I took advice from CCCS and contacted all my creditors to advise them of my financial difficulties and offered them all reduced monthly payments.

All apart from two accepted my offer, (barclays & Amex), and I have been paying a small monthly sum to each since November 2010.

Initially Barclays (overdraft) refused to communicate with me and I began to receive letters/phone calls from CSL; these stopped when I sent a SAR to Barclays and since then I have paid £10 per month directly into my old account.

Amex refused my offer outright and I began to receive letters/threats/phone calls from Newmans, I made it clear to newmans I had made an offer to Amex which they had refused and I was not in a position to increase it.

Newmans rejected the offer I made (same as made to Amex) and eventually i heard no more.

Now during the last three months I have had letters from three different DCA's , MDR (Moorcroft) NCO and RMA in respect of the Amex account.

I have been using another site for the past year which was a great help initially and stoped me from panicking as well as advising re: CCA's and SAR's requests; however now I feel like I am stuck in a rut with this one.

I have been advised to make a complaint to the OFT, but i would like to make an arrangement to start paying this off yet I do not want to pay the DCA directly if I can avoid it and in any event which one would I contact.

Do I write to each of them and advise of the other's input? or just complain to the OFT, confused is not the word.

I am currently negotiating with my creditors to extend my reduced payments for a further six/12 months. if i could get this one (Amex) settled into a regular payment schedule it would be a great source of relief; now getting the pre-litigation letters from Moorcroft.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Moorcroft

Hi

Ok, first things first - you cannot complain to the OFT in that sense (as a consumer), you'd either complain to the ICO or to the FOS and in your case it should be the FOS however it's not worth it - the lender is perfectly within their right to employ as many DCA's as they like to chase you for the debt. If you want to make payments into the Amex debt then simply pay it direct using your old details so you transfer it from your bank into the Amex account.

You know when you're dealing with DCA's that's the best thing cos you can usually haggle the debt down especially if you have cash to make a F&F offer....?

Moorcroft always send pre-litigation letters, it's the second template they send out - worry not, thats a scare tactic that seems to be working, seriously don't let them bully you.

Have a read of our templates as these will help you negotiate with your creditors: ---> Templates - General Debt

Best of luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Moorcroft

Did CCCS actually make the contact with your creditors? If so, have they not been proactive in "encouraging" the two who are not co-operating to be a little more co-operative?

My view is that if you go to a debt charity, if you have problems with creditors accepting offers you have made using the Common Financial Statement, then they also have a role in doing their best to make these people change their minds and accept your offers. There are various ways in which this can be achieved.

If this is the case, and CCCS have not done anything to help you, your first step should be to ask if there's anything they can do in terms of writning further letters on your behalf to accept your offers. If they won't do this, I think Niddy knows someone who may be able to help if you pm him.

Comment

Working...
      X