GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Equitwats - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equitwats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equitwats

Anyone else noticed that Equitwats are hopeless at responding to disputes and / or complaints?
    At least Exqueerian respond, albeit badly.
    Last edited by The Debt Star; 5 April 2011, 11:59.

Re: Equitwats

tell you what, the CRA section on CAG is complete rubbish. There must be about 2 active posters on it and I'm 50% of them.

You'd never think that the CRAs exist if you only followed that site, let alone that they have changed the lives of millions of us - and will affect millions more.

On Equitwats, I have faxed, written and emailed about getting the AP marker lifted and the Default filed in its place. As has already happened with the other CRAs. No, Equi have to ignore and not even acknowledge my communications, forcing me to make a formal complaint and then its off to the ICO (who will doubtless do diddly sqwat). Oh joy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      tell you what, the CRA section on CAG is complete rubbish. There must be about 2 active posters on it and I'm 50% of them.

You'd never think that the CRAs exist if you only followed that site, let alone that they have changed the lives of millions of us - and will affect millions more.

On Equitwats, I have faxed, written and emailed about getting the AP marker lifted and the Default filed in its place. As has already happened with the other CRAs. No, Equi have to ignore and not even acknowledge my communications, forcing me to make a formal complaint and then its off to the ICO (who will doubtless do diddly sqwat). Oh joy.
      Do you want the email address of one of the top 'dispute & resolution' managers at Equifax mate? if so, just reply here and i'll post details
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ooh yes please. They are totally IGNORING my communications and I am about to fire off a formal complaint.

Comment

ooh yes please. They are totally IGNORING my communications and I am about to fire off a formal complaint.
          One of the top Managers is called Susan Drysdale.

The Equifax email system works as follows: ---> forename.surname@equifax.com

Best of luck matey
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Q: do equifax record the actual date of a defaulted personal loan account? none of my defaults have the actual date recorded, just a "date last delinquent" and of course the red marker for the month and year on the account history section. am a little concerned this might be some wafty cranker tactic to keep the defaults recorded longer than 6 years?

Comment

Q: do equifax record the actual date of a defaulted personal loan account? none of my defaults have the actual date recorded, just a "date last delinquent" and of course the red marker for the month and year on the account history section. am a little concerned this might be some wafty cranker tactic to keep the defaults recorded longer than 6 years?
              The official default date would be shown to you.....

As shown in the attached image!

Click image for larger version

Name:	default_equifax.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1382138

Comment

So long as there is a red "D" in the payment history then that is your official default date - on the case above, it shows as Feb 2006; however notice the default date shows 1st march 2006?

This is an error, however as there is a month between it, it's no biggie as such!

Make sense?

Comment

What I've noticed is that equifax don't state a default date on my loans, only credit cards.

so it appears thus:

Loan from
                  Name
                  Date of Birth
                  Terms 60 @ £ (Monthly) Status Defaulted
                  Current Balance £ 1500 Start Balance £ 10,000
                  Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ 8,000
                  Start Date 3/02/2001 Date Updated 06/04/2011
                  Date Last Delinquent 05/06 Date Satisfied
                  Payment History
                  Payment History

This table shows how you have kept your account over time, for infomation about individual months pass your mouse cursor over the coloured block
                  J F M A M J J A S

2006 D (red "D" on April '06)

anything to worry about?
                  Last edited by The Debt Star; 17 April 2011, 22:16.

Comment

Equifax seem to be having a lot of this lately.

If the "D" is there then that indicates that the account did default in April 2006, so that is OK.

I've yet to make enquiries as to why they are doing this. I can think of a few possible reasons, but none that seem completely convincing to my mind. Given that querying equifax is a tortuous proceedure, I haven't pushed it. If anyone finds out what the official "excuse" is than that would be great.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

for sure, querying equifax is hard work, very hard work. what is the best approach? they routinely ignore emailed enquiries...

Comment

what is the best approach? they routinely ignore emailed enquiries...
                        ICO matey

Comment

okey dokey. yet ANOTHER ICO complaint to fire off but, presumably, I have to formally complain to Equifax first and get some form of final response?

Comment

okey dokey. yet ANOTHER ICO complaint to fire off but, presumably, I have to formally complain to Equifax first and get some form of final response?
                            Naturally mate, you have to give them a chance to put things right - even though the word "right" and "Equifax" don't belong in the same breath!

Comment

Working...
                            X