GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is a difficult one so bear with me!

Been after an e-reader for a while now came across a cheap android tablet on ebay via a seller (I wanted a kindle but seeing as this did more she thought it might be better!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ef=oss_product

anyhoo..long story short Tab bought in June for my birthday, returned end aug beginning sept due to a wi-fi fault...anyhoo the seller emails me saying the tablet's been repaired and is being returned to me

the tab came a day or so later lasted 3 days looking at it NOT my tablet but looked like a brand new one instead (different serial no and sticky screen protectors on)..again a wifi fault & the bloody thing got so hot it shut off & refused to work..contacted the seller AGAIN to be told to return again and this time they'll refund my money...so last week (tues) sent back AGAIN at my cost (£7 each bloody time!) and since then heard ZERO from the seller...not wanting to reply to emails etc I know they received the tablet as we sent it special delivery so i've a sig of who signed saved..

trying to word an email to them again but everything I start to say turns into a rant! so any ideas what I can do? someone suggested starting the ball rolling for a claim in the small claims court so considering it...looks lke i'll need a read up!
    Last edited by philnicandamy; 27 September 2011, 11:11.

Re: Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Is the vendor Chinese?

Comment

what about raising a claim through Ebay, I've done it a couple of times for non appearance and its worked, and technically you have returned something and they haven't credited you.

Did it have a guarantee?

norty Phil, real books smell better and a whole industry needs you to buy them or there won't be any.............

Comment

Moreover, real books do not need batteries or recharging, whilst being less likely to be damaged should one drop them.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
          norty Phil, real books smell better and a whole industry needs you to buy them or there won't be any.............
          Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Moreover, real books do not need batteries or recharging, whilst being less likely to be damaged should one drop them.
          While I agree with both of you, books require a bookshelf, or a book case. A kindle / e-reader requires a drawer.

Also, the kindle etc may cause the downfall / end of books, but isnt this the case with mp3/mp4 and CDs?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
            Also, the kindle etc may cause the downfall / end of books, but isnt this the case with mp3/mp4 and CDs?
            So that is why HMV hasn't released any records by Lady Gaga on 78 rpm discs?

Comment

How was it paid for?

If you're finding it hard not to rant rather than write a good letter, would it help if one of us drafted an initial copy for you and e-mailed or pm'd it to you? Long distance selling regulations - Visa Debit and Credit Card money back schemes - fitness for purpose - loss of confidence etc...etc..... etc..... You know all the stuff to put in, but if you'd like a hand, just shout!

Comment

Dunno if you seen this matey: ---> Amazon.co.uk Help: Problems with Buyers

But Basically DSR is no good as you only had the original 30 days to request refund, however the Sale of Goods Act protects you here, which is the main thing you'll be able to fight with.....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                  trying to word an email to them again but everything I start to say turns into a rant! so any ideas what I can do? someone suggested starting the ball rolling for a claim in the small claims court so considering it...looks lke i'll need a read up!
                  Try this:
                  Dear Cur or Madman,

On xx/xx/2011, a tablet PC was order from your company and it was delivered on xx/xx/2011. It proved to be wholly unsatisfactory and unfit for its purpose due to a wi-fi malfunction, so it was returned to your company for repair or replacement. It arrived on xx/xx/2011 and your company sent another in its place on xx/xx/2011, which arrived on xx/xx/2011. This was also unsatisfactory and unfit for its purpose; indeed, it was worse as not only did it have the same wi-fi malfunction as before, it also overheated so badly that it shut down completely and failed ever to work again. I returned this tablet PC on xx/xx/2011 and it arrived at your company on xx/xx/2011; I retain the tracking data from the Royal Mail and will be pleased to send a copy should you require this.

As I now believe that your company is unable to fulfil your part of the contract to supply a tablet PC which is fit for its purpose, I believe that the only way to proceed is for your company to reimburse me for the cost of the order plus the cost of having returned to your company both the broken tablet PCs which I rejected.

This letter is not only being sent by email, as a printed copy is being sent by recorded post to your postal address. This will serve as notice of my intention to follow up this request with a claim in the County Court, should no appropriate response have been received here no later than fourteen days after your receipt of this letter. No further notice need be or will be given.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr Pissed-Off Former Customer
                  Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 28 September 2011, 06:26.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                    How was it paid for?
                    From the account given, one might colloquially say it was paid for nasally.

Comment

As ever thanks guys...

and Boo paid for by debit card sadly!

Comment

paid for by debit card sadly!
                        If it was a VISA debit card, you may still be able to get it charged back although, of course, you'd still be £14 down on the deal because of the return postage you'd paid twice.

Comment

ahh thanks CC didnt think you could do anything with debit cards...i'll speak to the oH later

Comment

ahh thanks CC didnt think you could do anything with debit cards...i'll speak to the oH later
                            Yes you can - the best thing about dumping maestro, was to get Visa as Chargeback rules now apply....
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Try this:
                              Dear Cur or Madman,

On xx/xx/2011, a tablet PC was order from your company and it was delivered on xx/xx/2011. It proved to be wholly unsatisfactory and unfit for its purpose due to a wi-fi malfunction, so it was returned to your company for repair or replacement. It arrived on xx/xx/2011 and your company sent another in its place on xx/xx/2011, which arrived on xx/xx/2011. This was also unsatisfactory and unfit for its purpose; indeed, it was worse as not only did it have the same wi-fi malfunction as before, it also overheated so badly that it shut down completely and failed ever to work again. I returned this tablet PC on xx/xx/2011 and it arrived at your company on xx/xx/2011; I retain the tracking data from the Royal Mail and will be pleased to send a copy should you require this.

As I now believe that your company is unable to fulfil your part of the contract to supply a tablet PC which is fit for its purpose, I believe that the only way to proceed is for your company to reimburse me for the cost of the order plus the cost of having returned to your company both the broken tablet PCs which I rejected.

This letter is not only being sent by email, as a printed copy is being sent by recorded post to your postal address. This will serve as notice of my intention to follow up this request with a claim in the County Court, should no appropriate response have been received here no later than fourteen days after your receipt of this letter. No further notice need be or will be given.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr Pissed-Off Former Customer
                              Nice - thanks for this

Comment

Working...
                              X