GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Problem with your car?

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Scuttle panel as I thought above it is also a common problem on my galaxy, ID2 I would check it twice a year and certainly at the end of summer when the leafs start falling.

Glad you got it sorted m8
    Thanks for looking in guys
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Look closely around windscreen inside and out also if your car has a scuttle panel under bonnet with drain off pipes
      Is the scuttle panel where the sea-cocks are located?

Comment

You could also twiddle with your giggle pin.

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
          You could also twiddle with your giggle pin.
          But is it likely to be a fault with the thrutching plate?

Comment

No but you might want to twiddle nevertheless.

Garlok

Comment

I'd rather watch Angelic twiddle with hers.

What?

Comment

l l

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

What?
                  "What is it that we remember when we think of CC? I think everyone who knows him very well would agree with me on this. It was his sense of humor. He was the kind of person that would make everyone laugh so hard that they’d end up crying. Who could forget about his jokes? Goodness! Just thinking about those jokes still makes me laugh. He was so out there when he starts those jokes. That is what I will truly miss about CC. He could make me laugh when I am really sad. He always cheered me up when.............."

Oh, hasn't it happened yet?

I'll hang fire for a bit, then!!
                  Last edited by charitynjw; 7 November 2011, 15:55.

Comment

Hi In 2 Deep, as has been said and as your car is a VW. It's probably the drain inside the scuttle that has been blocked by bits of leaves and other rubbish.

Watch out if it starts to come down the Drivers side door pillar as there are a lot of electrics down there that can be damaged.

This happened to Lord Hooray's Golf a few years ago. Our local Garage took ten minutes to sort out the problem.

If the water gets too deep there should be a rubber grommet on the middle of the foot well which can be reached from underneath.

It has been put there for such problems.

Regards, Handy
                    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

The leak I had damaged the control module under the front passenger seat that controls the central locking and global window closing as well as the alarm.

I could lock the car up at night and go out to car in morning and all the windows would be open

It cost £245 to replace so as handy says be mindful of the electrics.

Regards

Comment

Had to take the van in for MOT tomorrow, EGR valve needs replacing as well so I can leave it with them a couple of days. HOWEVER some Passats had a body panel/floor pan seam across the floor it would seem which shall we say points the wrong way and if it leaks at all it shovels the water in rather than shedding it from what they said. I think I2D yours is too late a model for that.

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          This happened to Lord Hooray's Golf a few years ago. Our local Garage took ten minutes to sort out the problem.
                          How many hours labour did they put on the bill?

Comment

What?
                            Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                            "What is it that we remember when we think of CC? I think everyone who knows him very well would agree with me on this. It was his sense of humor. He was the kind of person that would make everyone laugh so hard that they’d end up crying. Who could forget about his jokes? Goodness! Just thinking about those jokes still makes me laugh. He was so out there when he starts those jokes. That is what I will truly miss about CC. He could make me laugh when I am really sad. He always cheered me up when.............."

Oh, hasn't it happened yet?

I'll hang fire for a bit, then!!

Since we are not in 'Anything Goes' Charity, I shall have to remain dignified in my response...however, if I was to respond to CC, it wouldn't be very dignified so I fear I shall have to walk away and not respond at all.

Bet you didn't expect that, did you?!
                            Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                            Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

The leak I had damaged the control module under the front passenger seat that controls the central locking and global window closing as well as the alarm.

I could lock the car up at night and go out to car in morning and all the windows would be open

It cost £245 to replace so as handy says be mindful of the electrics.

Regards
                              Yup that's what happened to the old chaps Golf. Local independent charged @£160 to fix it.

How many hours labour did they put on the bill?
                              They did it FOC.

Seriously I wish our local lads would set up nationwide. There are 3 partners and they employ @ 15 mechanics, if you want a booking you may have to wait @ 2 weeks they are always so busy.
                              But then if you only charge £25.00 p/h labour you will always have work.

Last week I had them change the Torsion bar D bushes on my motor.

Parts came to £17.00 and total including diagnosis Labour and VAT £50.00

It's hardly worth getting the spanners for that.

Last edited by Handyman; 7 November 2011, 20:29.
                              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                              Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                                Since we are not in 'Anything Goes' Charity, I shall have to remain dignified in my response...however, if I was to respond to CC, it wouldn't be very dignified so I fear I shall have to walk away and not respond at all.

Bet you didn't expect that, did you?!
                                Identity Theft Alert - someone must have hacked into Angelic's control panel!!

Comment

Working...
                                X