GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with your car?

Click image for larger version

Name:	mechanic pic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	1412316

Problem with your car?
    Please feel free to ask for advice....myself or other forum members who are qualified in motor engineering may be able to help answer your questions.

Re: Problem with your car?

Can you come down and give my peice of italian shite an MOT and service there's a dear.

I'l make you a cuppa?

Comment

Can you make our £16k focus into a £100k Ferrari
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo View Post
          Can you come down and give my peice of italian shite an MOT and service there's a dear.

I'l make you a cuppa?
          Italian shite...how very dare you, I have a soft spot for italian motors...
          in fact I own one.....

Comment

Ok I start a helpful thread and what do I get.......fekin piss takers......

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
              Ok I start a helpful thread and what do I get.......fekin piss takers......
              i've been here less than 24 hours and i expect nothing less.... in fact i reserve the right to join in lol. I have a knackered Mk3 Astra lol
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeDreddy View Post
                i've been here less than 24 hours and i expect nothing less.... in fact i reserve the right to join in lol. I have a knackered Mk3 Astra lol
                A Mk3 Astra...Oh dear......you are beyond help....

Comment

Here's a serious one then!

Citroen Synergie 2 litre turbo diesel.

If you follow me up a hill then you'll be instantly transported back to London circa 1951 judging by the smog that will be enveloping you.

Under 'brisk' acceleration or load it will chuck out brownish smoke. Last MOT needed some petrol treatment and a thrash to get it through the emissions test.

Methinks it's unburnt diesel.

What's wearing and what should or could I do?

Comment

I'll swap my ferr-focus for it??

Lol
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

A mechanic on stilt’s you’ll be a walking disaster mate. I know your game anyway pal, your just wanting the chance to tell us ladies that...

“Our big end is away”

I’ll just stick with my wee Pogo Stick thanks…

Gerry x x

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry View Post
                        A mechanic on stilt’s you’ll be a walking disaster mate. I know your game anyway pal, your just wanting the chance to tell us ladies that...

“Our big end is away”

I’ll just stick with my wee Pogo Stick thanks…

Gerry x x
                        or.... phwoar, nice struts

and i won't mention airbags....
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

What you do Niddy is go and get the Focus scrapped, crushed and recycled, if it's lucky, one day in another life it may come back as a bit on a Ferrari.
                          On the other hand it may end up as a fridge for sale in Curry's.....

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe View Post
                            Here's a serious one then!

Citroen Synergie 2 litre turbo diesel.

If you follow me up a hill then you'll be instantly transported back to London circa 1951 judging by the smog that will be enveloping you.

Under 'brisk' acceleration or load it will chuck out brownish smoke. Last MOT needed some petrol treatment and a thrash to get it through the emissions test.

Methinks it's unburnt diesel.

What's wearing and what should or could I do?
                            Yep, certainly sounds like overfueling issue, this could be for any number of reasons.
                            unfortunately Citroens are prone to wiring and sensor issues.

Leaking injector
                            Lambda sensor failed.
                            Crankshaft position sensor ,they sometimes go slightly high resistanance, which tells the ECU to richen the fueling up.
                            MAT (Manifold Air Temprature) sensor failed, this will aslo confuse the ECU into thinking the engine needs more fuel.

I would suggest you take the car in for a diagnostic check, it's simple operation to do, and most decent garages now have the right equipment to carry out diagnostics, you don't need to pay main dealer prices to have it tested. The diagnosic check should come up with a fault code which will enable the garage to identify which sensor is causing the issue.

Good Luck

Comment

Ta for the advice, will see if my usual garage can check. My fuel consumption certainly seems to be going down so an iffy sensor would explain things.

Comment

Working...
                              X