GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Problem with your car?

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    Out of curiosity, assuming you know, how many screws / bolts hold this on in the interior of the car?
    Btw, Angelic's screws are on the back seat.

What??

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
      Is she threatening to beat me up again?!

ahh you love it really

Comment

Got into my car this morning .....to fine the driver side foot well full of water now I have no idea about cars......help anybody
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi mate,

Look under the dash and check your heater hoses for one. The other classic has one of your screen washer pipes come off and ends up pumping it into the car?

Garlok

Comment

What car is it?? And what reg, year?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
              Got into my car this morning .....to fine the driver side foot well full of water now I have no idea about cars......help anybody
              VW Passat....93

Comment

well, bit of a guess. Could be what Garlok says, but would think that would have drained your radiator.

Though not quite as bad as yours, I had same problem with old car of mine - turned out inner wings had rotted at the seam, and water was running down inside whenever it rained.

Can solve the problem of the footwell getting full again though - big nail, big hammer

Comment

speaking to someone today .....could be air con... had a look round and all look ok

Comment

I had the same problem with a VW polo many years ago. Footwell first, then the boot. Turned out all the rubbers around the front and rears screens had rotted
                    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Do you have a sunroof? Our old car used to leak water when there was sunroof issues, weirdly - so we sold it as that meant a new sunroof which meant loadsa money!
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I had same problem with old car of mine - turned out inner wings had rotted at the seam, and water was running down inside whenever it rained.

Can solve the problem of the footwell getting full again though - big nail, big hammer
                        Had you considered replacing the Knapen tubes? (link)

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          Had you considered replacing the Knapen tubes? (link)
                          CC, Oscar was only being metaphoric when he said his Car was a shed.

Mind you my Father and myself once held a Rusty old Vauxhall Velux together using a railway sleeper and fibre glass.

Mind you that was around 1963.

Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Look closely around windscreen inside and out also if your car has a scuttle panel under bonnet with drain off pipes and/or holes into the front wings this can also cause a leak into footwell due to autumn leaf and other matter build up.

I would get someone to spray a water over all areas of front of car with a garden hole while you look inside with a torch.

Also if your car has a rear wash/wipe feeding off a bottle in the front check the water feed tube that runs under carpet and panels to the back.

Regards
                            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 7 November 2011, 12:25.

Comment

VW Passat....93
                              told you i no nothing about cars it's 2003 not 93
                              just below the wiper blades in the engine there a plastic cover... remove that ....take the battery out...under the battery theres a drian hole that was blocked & the rain water was coming in the driver side thrugh various leads....
                              took it to my local garage he sorted it 10 mins...said it was a common problem with the Passat

Comment

Scuttle panel as I thought above it is also a common problem on my galaxy, ID2 I would check it twice a year and certainly at the end of summer when the leafs start falling.

Glad you got it sorted m8

Comment

Working...
                                X