GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panther12
    replied
    Re: Problem with your car?

I think cp4less have some connection with eurocarparts as I use both euro & cp4less and the parts all come in the same euroCP branded packaging. The websites are similar layout but cp4less prices are usually a bit cheaper but it's worth checking both. There used to be permanant discount codes available to get around 25 or 30% off eurocarparts but they appear to have stopped that now. Another good parts place that I use is GSF car parts which have 25% off service items using code "GSF25".

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I need soooo much stuff

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Use them all the time - no issues

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

cheers mate - that's all I needed to know

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    anyone know is this a good place to get car parts?

--> http://www.carparts4less.co.uk
    they are o.k also they are tied up with euocarparts I get all mine from them service 1st class even I bought parts for daughters car 160 miles away and the local store were brilliant to supply to her

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

anyone know is this a good place to get car parts?

--> http://www.carparts4less.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

I have another question please .

the car my son bought Picasso , well it had a radio cassette in it so he took it out and tried his cd radio in it ,. It worked okay but now the digital display on the dashboard doesnt work properly , he has ordered something off the internet so he can use his cd radio in it , but even though he has put the radio cassette back in the digital display isn't working right . Here is the problem

He can set the digital display so that the time the date all work on the right had side of the dashboard display, the left hand side works fine with the display showing how much fuel is int he tank and mph . But when he sets the display to get the right side working the right side goes blank when he tries to press the control next to the steering wheel , it just makes it go blank on the right hand side of the dashboard display .

I hope i explained this okay as i am not very good with cars .

thank you again

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

Thank you Alland it is a friend who is a mechanic who will be doing the job , this is good news ,we are buying a folding camper so we can take our grandson away for weekends . Looking forward to this now

Leave a comment:

• alland
    replied

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    We have a Citroen xsara Picasso and my son just bought the same car which has a tow bar on it , he doesn't want the tow bar as he would need to take an additional test to tow , so could the tow bar be removed from his car and put onto ours ?

please and thank you
    If it's the same model and chassis, then yes it's a simple operation to transfer the tow bar to your car.
    *Safety Notice: Be sure to use new high quality nuts and bolts though....

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

We have a Citroen xsara Picasso and my son just bought the same car which has a tow bar on it , he doesn't want the tow bar as he would need to take an additional test to tow , so could the tow bar be removed from his car and put onto ours ?

please and thank you

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    Ok, here we go.

Couple weeks ago I bought a Punto (shut up!). Good little car, but noticed couple issues. Most not bothered about, but couple casuing a little worry. Start with the non worriers.

1) Hvae amber bulb (warning) on Dash. Apparently, this relates to a faulty bulb (usually or circuit). All bulbs appear to be working, so suppose next step is cleaning contacts. Apparently could also be an earth issue.

2) The Engine management light blinks with heavy acceleration (done to test pick up/engine) then goes off. Forums suggest that the reason for the blinking is the Lambda sensor detecting unburnt fuel.

3) And this could be an issue. When parking a few days ago, the steering went "heavy" and the steering warning came on the dash. Forums indicate this is the pwer steering warning. Could be numerous reasons why, but it went out when the ignition was turned off and on. I am thinking this could be caused by issue one? (if an earth fault)

And finally, 4 (which could be linked to 1&3!) There was (for a few days) a symbol that looked like a car and padlock. Again, going to the internet, suggests this is a Battery issue - this has now gone out.

Any ideas without being ripped off by a garage?
    Go to a recommended garage mate with diagnostic gear. You will find lots of threads on the web saying it's this, its that but without reading the fault codes its just guess work really.

Leave a comment:

• Bricktop
    replied

Sorry just noticed this thread, bit late but if you still need help.

1) Are you 100% certain all bulbs are working ? - daft question but the amount of times.........

2) Not sure why there should be unburnt fuel enough to light up sensor, possible sensor issue but I wouldn't worry about it until the light illuminates all the time, then get it checked out

3) Is the power steering electric ? if so then a low battery voltage causes the loss of power steering thus making it heavy.

4) see answer to 3)

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• oscar
    replied

Ok, here we go.

Couple weeks ago I bought a Punto (shut up!). Good little car, but noticed couple issues. Most not bothered about, but couple casuing a little worry. Start with the non worriers.

1) Hvae amber bulb (warning) on Dash. Apparently, this relates to a faulty bulb (usually or circuit). All bulbs appear to be working, so suppose next step is cleaning contacts. Apparently could also be an earth issue.

2) The Engine management light blinks with heavy acceleration (done to test pick up/engine) then goes off. Forums suggest that the reason for the blinking is the Lambda sensor detecting unburnt fuel.

3) And this could be an issue. When parking a few days ago, the steering went "heavy" and the steering warning came on the dash. Forums indicate this is the pwer steering warning. Could be numerous reasons why, but it went out when the ignition was turned off and on. I am thinking this could be caused by issue one? (if an earth fault)

And finally, 4 (which could be linked to 1&3!) There was (for a few days) a symbol that looked like a car and padlock. Again, going to the internet, suggests this is a Battery issue - this has now gone out.

Any ideas without being ripped off by a garage?

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    Renault's cheapest quote was £265!
    Sounds about right! When i left in 2002 i think the labour rate was £75 an hour (which was what they used to charge i think for a "straight forward key set-up") plus the cost of the keys. Some people has massive bills as they had the cars recovered in to!

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
    I can beat that..couple of years ago had a Merc "A Class" went away on holiday left car at airport came back to broken key funny nobody knew anything about it in the end asked for a quote for a new blade.....£312 PLUS I had to send with the application 5 proofs of ID

madness...Ebay all the way got the blade/key repaired reprogrammed far far cheaper!
    Aw nasty! Nice car thou? Agreed - ebay all the way!

Cheers
    SA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X