GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Problem with your car?

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Identity Theft Alert - someone must have hacked into Angelic's control panel!!
    It wasn't me.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      It wasn't me.
      You'd love to hack into my control panel...
      Made by God...Improved by the Devil
      Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
        You'd love to hack into my control panel...
        So would Steve, I bet
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          So would Steve, I bet
          I'll text and ask him...

Comment

I'll text and ask him...
            The fuckers gone to the farm today, I told him off last night - your turn! Seriously, I can't believe he's doing that
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              The fuckers gone to the farm today, I told him off last night - your turn! Seriously, I can't believe he's doing that
              Not away to work though surely?! Maybe he's just missing 297?!

Comment

Not away to work though surely?! Maybe he's just missing 297?!
                The former!

Comment

Never thought of asking on here (Dont know why, I have done previously)

I have a problem (or more correctly, several).

same car as prev on thread, Pugot 306 1.4 LX Petrol.

Right, so here goes, there is a problem with fuel / air intake. Following problems are intermittent. car "hunts" revs sometimes stick high (even to 6K), cuts out (then has problems starting) and can now feel a cut out (poss misfire) sometimes when driving - so you get a jerking of the car/engine. (like when filling a diesel with petrol - but I HAVENT done this!!)

Have already replaced the coil pack, and spayed the stepper motor with carb cleaner in case this was sticky.

Only things to mind now are the injector unit or fuel rail. Both I beleive are quite big jobs.

I also have a "whine" from the front end. This is either clutch thrust bearing or the diff I think - whine rises and falls with the revs of the car. Whether this is just me (sort of pyscho-seimatic) or not, but I seem also to be struggling with gears??

Any help / tips. (Only one that springs to mind with me is a box of matches)
                  Last edited by oscar; 18 December 2011, 20:28.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well being an avid hater of all things Peugeot Oscar, I would tend to agree with the you on the "Box of Matches" solution.

I can't offer you any other tips, but if you don't want to be as drastic as setting fire to the car, then I would suggest visiting here - Peugeot Forums

I think you will source the answers to your car problems there.

Comment

Have you cleaned the idle control valve? Common problem on these and results in the hunting you describe whether engine is cold or hot.

Are you positive the whine is from that area as the power streering pump often creates similar symptoms and again is a common problem. Difficulty with the gears would back up your suggestion of the thrust bearing; as I'm sure you know these may or may not need replacing swiftly - some you can drive for thousands of miles as long as you can put up with the whine.
                      Last edited by BBoo; 18 December 2011, 22:41.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                        Have you cleaned the idle control valve?
                        Yep - Idle control valve / stepper motor is same thing. (or so I am led to believe) Disconnected the air filter right next to the valve and gave a good dose of card cleaner.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Changed coil packs, but have you checked the leads ? they break down too

Comment

Did you lubricate it with lard, 'Flora' or butter?

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                              Changed coil packs, but have you checked the leads ? they break down too
                              There are no leads .... no leads, no distributor - its all in one .... for a 306 is like a black rectangular box that fits over the spark plugs with ONE lead that plugs in (which cant be replaced as far as I am aware)

Comment

Right Oscar, we had a 106 that was the same, just one plug in sealed unit. Plus typical French design the plugs themselves were each in a deep recess. The standard service tool ( as specified in the workshop manual not the Haynes one either) was 100mm length of garden hose to grip the ceramic of the plug to restart the threads without crossing. And the darned things were on the back face of the engine to boot.

regards
                                Garlok

Comment

Working...
                                X