GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with your car?

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    I

Someone answered "its mine, why whats wrong" to be met with the response "oh nothing, I just dont know how to get the fuel cap off on mine"!
    Us women have got a terrible reputation when it comes to cars!! I guess it doesn't help when there are people like her in the world
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

OFT takes action against webuyanycar.com

The OFT has taken enforcement action against used car buying company webuyanycar.com over concerns that its online valuations were misleading...Read more HERE@ AAD Forums
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
        OFT takes action against webuyanycar.com

The OFT has taken enforcement action against used car buying company webuyanycar.com over concerns that its online valuations were misleading...Read more HERE@ AAD Forums
        A few months ago I considered selling to these people to get rid of the bloody thing!

Comment

I would like to say thanks to We Buy Any Car. Just short of a year ago a mate at a local garage gave me a call to say a customer was selling a car and would I be interested. The chap was selling this car (2nd Car) cos his wife was giving up driving. The chap gave them a call and they made such a derisory offer, he said the first person with cash to give him what they offered could have it. I asked him if he was sure and feeling guilty even offered him more than he was asking, He said he was happy to stick to his price. I have had the car just short of a year. (MOT and the end of the month) put 30k miles on the clock and its still worth twice what they offered him.

I'm glad they have been screwed, they would even give Arfur Daily a bad name.

Regards all,
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Oh by way of a postscript, Lady Hooray has pranged her panzer on the opposite side, but on the same wall and railings as two weeks ago
            Could I fix the scratches, Yes I said as soon as I have welded on a new rear wing.
            Please note this is in no way derisory to all the good Lady drivers out there (when you find one let me know)
            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

this happend last week, guess what ? it was a women bus driver

A road has reopened after being closed when a double-decker bus crashed into a railway bridge.
              The vehicle became lodged under the bridge.
              It suffered severe damage to the upper deck, and appeared to be wedged.
              Luckily, there were no passengers on board at the time of the accident.
              The railway line was also shut while the bridge was checked for structural damage, but this has also reopened.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All this Sunny weather reminds me of a story I was sent a couple of years ago.
                A couple were pulling into the car park at their local supermarket one Saturday morning when a loud grinding noise came from underneath the car. The man sent his wife to do the shopping while he crawled under the car to look for the problem.

When she returned there was a crowd around the car. A pair of legs were sticking out from underneath, The attraction was that the legs were sticking out of a pair of shorts and handing out of the leg of the shorts was the owners Marital Equipment.

She did what any good wife would do. She got hold of the offending digit and deftly tucked it back inside the shorts.

There was a crack from under the car as the owner of the shorts jerked upright splitting his head open.
                The wife heard a voice next to her asking "What have you done" and turned to find Hubby standing next to her.

An ambulance had to be called and the poor AA mechanic taken for stitches to a gash in his scalp.

Remember Shorts and Car repair don't mix.
                Regards to all, Handy.

Comment

Comment

The 'AA' payments system is criticised

AA customers are having trouble in cancelling memberships after signing up using a continuous payment authority......Read more HERE

Comment

Car insurance premiums soar by 40%
                      Car insurance premiums have soared by a record 40% during the past year as high levels of fraud and personal injury claims continue to push up the cost of cover, research showed.....Read more HERE

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                        Car insurance premiums soar by 40%
                        Car insurance premiums have soared by a record 40% during the past year as high levels of fraud and personal injury claims continue to push up the cost of cover, research showed.....Read more HERE
                        If you have NOT read about the AA piece about cancellations, its worth reading, considering the above 'Insurance Premiums 'was conducted by the AA.

Comment

Was going to switch my car insurance to the AA, have to have a look at that.

Comment

Problem with your car?

This guy certainly has... http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/14042011/36...-superc-0.html

Comment

Bit lucky to walk away with minor injuries looking at the state of that motor.

Comment

The lot I used to work for
                                someone had a woopsie
                                http://www.ginettacars.co.uk/news_article?id=367
                                It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

Working...
                                X