GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with your car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with your car?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Problem with your car?

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    Unfortunately not charity - they are all in the shit part of wales - the South. Closest to me would be the ones around Llandrindod and thats still 90 miles.

Oy you!!!!! Careful what you're saying. I live in beautiful South Wales. My parents however live on Anglesey with a view to die for - one field, then a nice sandy beach, sea, across to the Great Orme in one direction and Snowdonia in the other. It's the only place on this earth I don't mind washing up!

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
      Oy you!!!!! Careful what you're saying. I live in beautiful South Wales. My parents however live on Anglesey with a view to die for - one field, then a nice sandy beach, sea, across to the Great Orme in one direction and Snowdonia in the other. It's the only place on this earth I don't mind washing up!
      See, that just proves my point!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Is there an easy way to clean alloys? Mine are a disgrace!
        Made by God...Improved by the Devil
        Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
          Is there an easy way to clean alloys? Mine are a disgrace!
          Clean as in get rid of the crap and shit, or clean as in get rid of the scuffs and scratches where you have bashed the kerb?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If the brake dust has been on the wheels for a considerable amount of time you will need an alloy wheel cleaner this contains acid so wear gloves and be careful.

Get a stiff brush too to agitate the cleaner.
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 29 July 2011, 20:46.

Comment

Clean as in get rid of the crap and shit, or clean as in get rid of the scuffs and scratches where you have bashed the kerb?
              Emm...mostly, well, both

Comment

There are places where you can have them "refurbed", but I don't think it's cheap
                If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  If the brake dust has been on the wheels for a considerable amount of time you will need an alloy wheel cleaner this contains acid so wear gloves and be careful.

Get a stiff brush too to agitate the cleaner.
                  Sound too much like hard work...I'll call the local valeting guy instead

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                    There are places where you can have them "refurbed", but I don't think it's cheap
                    That's what my mother said too...my poor motor has been abandoned because I hate it so much but now I think it's time to tidy it up a wee bit, I always keep the inside clean but I noticed earlier how much it had 'changed colour' after it's bath this morning

Comment

Sound too much like hard work...I'll call the local valeting guy instead
                      Shame you are not local to me because being an ex-main dealer valeter I would of done this for you.

My car N reg and still in pristine condition
                      Attached Files

Comment

My toilet's cleaner than my car!

I'm afraid I look after the mechanical side meticulously, but as long as the driver's seat is empty I don't really care about the inside.

My motorhome however is immaculate and that's 25 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                          My toilet's cleaner than my car!

I'm afraid I look after the mechanical side meticulously, but as long as the driver's seat is empty I don't really care about the inside.

My motorhome however is immaculate and that's 25 years old.

What is it, Caspar, a Crapi?

Comment

Well, is all done now. Ended up being air in the system - managed to get it to a mates mate garage to get it done the budgie way

Comment

Well, is all done now. Ended up being air in the system - managed to get it to a mates mate garage to get it done the budgie way

Comment

Oscar,

Did you have a tight fit with the tube on the nipple ? if not you could of been drawing in air aswell as clean brake fluid and hence way it was hard to get the air out.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X