GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Common Faults website?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common Faults website??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Faults website??

Does anyone know the website where you can click in the Car reg number in regards of common faults please?

Our car is a Ford Focus Tdci (2litre) diesel, 6 speed, 2006 year, and trying to find the main website for common faults, we are not sure yet if there are common faults in regards of clutch problems, and understand it's hydraulic.

The symptoms are, juddering when putting foot clean down on the clutch, we have had a word with our brother in law, although not had it checked through properly as yet, and he said it's possibly the flywheel causing the problem, and that this is a common fault on this date of car.

Any ideas please?
    Thank you in advance.

Re: Common Faults website??

Hope it's not the turbo

We have petrol. Runs like a dream but a mate with same year in diesel had the turbo go twice. It's a known problem with focus TDCi.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

He spent £700 each turbo and it went within weeks. They can't guarantee them apparently.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

OMG I hope not Niddy

Comment

Google it and see if symptoms match. Hope not too but I'll never get a diesel focus

Comment

Google something like ford focus mk2 turbo fault

To give you an idea

Comment

Cheers Niddy :niddy will do.

Oh we have 51K on the clock, so will be very surprised if it were the clutch but then who knows.

Thank you.

Comment

Do you mean this?

VOSA - Vehicle Recalls

You can also do an MOT History check here:

Check your vehicle's MOT status and history online : Directgov - Motoring
                Last edited by pompeyfaith; 17 June 2012, 21:06.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post

OOh thank you Pompey, that's an interesting one, will check this out as well, cheers so muchly hon xx

Comment

Sorry to say Di, sounds like the Dual mass Flywheel is on its way out. They started fitting these to modern diesels a few years ago in place of the standard Flywheel (driven plate) and Clutch cover.

It is a problem on Fords, Vauxhalls and many other makes where these were used. Early failure including problems in disengaging the clutch and gear changing are common on diesels.

I hope I'm wrong but if it is the average cost for replacement plus a new clutch (needs to be done at same time) is @ £700

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Regards, Handy
                    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Sorry to say Di, sounds like the Dual mass Flywheel is on its way out. They started fitting these to modern diesels a few years ago in place of the standard Flywheel (driven plate) and Clutch cover.

It is a problem on Fords, Vauxhalls and many other makes where these were used. Early failure including problems in disengaging the clutch and gear changing are common on diesels.

I hope I'm wrong but if it is the average cost for replacement plus a new clutch (needs to be done at same time) is @ £700

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Regards, Handy

OUCH
                      Time to save those pennies again then.

So is it worth asking a garage to get this checked first, or would they have to take it apart to check it?
                      Sorry, I've not a clue on these things lol. Thanks for that anyway Handy.
                      Last edited by di30; 17 June 2012, 22:46.

Comment

Ford Focus (1998 - 2004) - 04 1.8 TDCI (100) Dual Mass Flywheel (again) | Technical matters | Back Room Forum | Honest John

Hope it's wrong Di. If desperate I've a bike in the shed you have for nothing. I'll even deliver as you're local!

Comment

Hi Di, like I said I hope I'm wrong. You can't always diagnose problems by post. Yes it would be worth getting a Ford Mechanic to check it out. Do I recall you have one in the family? Never done the job myself (all my motors up to the present one have been too old )But I believe it's not too bad a job, just like a normal clutch change.

It's one of these things manufacturers started fitting to make diesels sound quieter and not rattle as much. If they had to admit that dual mass flywheels are crap and only have a short life and is nothing to do with how they are driven. It would cost them millions.

I'm going to check tomorrow if my Petrol Automatic (no it isn't a Ford but GM use them as well) has one? better forewarned as they say.

Regards, Handy
                          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                            Ford Focus (1998 - 2004) - 04 1.8 TDCI (100) Dual Mass Flywheel (again) | Technical matters | Back Room Forum | Honest John

Hope it's wrong Di. If desperate I've a bike in the shed you have for nothing. I'll even deliver as you're local!
                            lol yeah that will have to do, cheers BBoo lmao

OMG 2 replacements on that link thanks for that though

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Hi Di, like I said I hope I'm wrong. You can't always diagnose problems by post. Yes it would be worth getting a Ford Mechanic to check it out. Do I recall you have one in the family? Never done the job myself (all my motors up to the present one have been too old )But I believe it's not too bad a job, just like a normal clutch change.

It's one of these things manufacturers started fitting to make diesels sound quieter and not rattle as much. If they had to admit that dual mass flywheels are crap and only have a short life and is nothing to do with how they are driven. It would cost them millions.

I'm going to check tomorrow if my Petrol Automatic (no it isn't a Ford but GM use them as well) has one? better forewarned as they say.

Regards, Handy
                              Cheers Handy

Yes that is right, my bro in law is a ford mechanic, but not been available today, when the problem suddenly came on, but going by the explaining of the symptoms he's said the same as you, and also that they are a common fault with Ford Diesels.
                              Will pop it down the road tomorrow, get an opinion before my in law can take a look.

Yes that's true, will they every dare to admit it? very unlikely indeed.

Ooh good luck with that tomorrow then Handy.

Comment

Working...
                              X