GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Common Faults website?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common Faults website??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Common Faults website??

Car's gone in (Fords), they should be ringing later to confirm the diagnosis and cost.

The earlier quote I posted above was for parts from a site called LUK, something like that, but hubby wants the main dealer parts, so it will of course be costly.

Put it this way, the quote for now before my bro in law's staff discount and without labour is £937, YES a very expensive job indeed, but hubby just wants it all done and dusted. So we shall know for sure the proper cost later.

We could be without a car until tomorrow, but may as well leave it with them now, and if push comes to shove, there's always my son's corsa nightmare lol.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      and if push comes to shove, there's always my son's corsa nightmare lol.
      Blimey don't tell me that one need a push to start it as well
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Blimey don't tell me that one need a push to start it as well
        lmao this Corsa's a nightmare Handy, ok it went through the MOT but he does need to get rid, in his case with the travelling he does he should realistically have a diesel. I was working out the mileage he done in just ONE year.................30K.

He does have a chance of a MG ZR 1.4 but its petrol, don't really know what to think lol.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          With the things that can go wrong with diesels like fuel injection and flywheels you have to wonder if diesel cars are still the cheaper option to run especially as deisel fuel is no longer the cheaper fuel of the two.

Ok you get more MPG but does that really stack up with maintenance costs added?

id disagree with maintinance costs, i have a bmw 320cd. Had it 7 years, and the only things replaced on it are usual like brakes, pads, tyres, oil and filters.

I would say that, with Ford, expect anything to go wrong.

I had a ford orion some years back, repairs each year cost more than the car lol
          Last edited by SXGuy; 20 June 2012, 10:38.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
            id disagree with maintinance costs, i have a bmw 320cd. Had it 7 years, and the only things replaced on it are usual like brakes, pads, tyres, oil and filters.

I had a ford orion some years back, repairs each year cost more than the car lol

And we traded in our lovely Subaru that was amazing for this , the only knockback was the fuel.
            Nothing ever went wrong with that, miss it so much, want it back lol.

Comment

Would love a Subaru but

a) Mrs would kill me
              b) Id have no money as it would go on fuel

lol

I get around 45 miles to the gallon, which isnt bad, although i spend near £50 a week on traveling to my place of work

A client came round with a skoda estate, 88mpg i couldnt believe it lol
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Would love a Subaru but

a) Mrs would kill me
                b) Id have no money as it would go on fuel

lol

I get around 45 miles to the gallon, which isnt bad, although i spend near £50 a week on traveling to my place of work

LOL
                Really? that surprises me with the Skoda

We had our Scooby for a few years, must admit I miss hearing the sound, the power, it was fab and strong too, the only things we had to deal with were the general wear and tear, tyres, pads etc, but other than that the knockback was about £85 a week on petrol.

Although, we now have the 2litre tdci diesel (focus) since changing from the Subaru, it's passed every MOT and we did recently change the pads, but the problem here now is mainly because of these have the Dual mass flywheel that we did not know about until recently, very costly, yet £50 in the tank for a full month is a saving.

You are right though, on checking on common faults online there are quite a few of them with these, the next car I shall make sure on checking these things before we think about purchasing again.

Comment

I do actually like the BMW's too.

My son in his last job used to collect cars to drop off for MOT's etc and on passing by he called in at home, that was I believe one like you have, very nice indeed.

Comment

Fix
                    Or
                    Repair
                    Daily

or

Found
                    On
                    Road
                    Dead

Comment

No news as yet, they did say it may be until tomorrow that we hear, but the job should also be completed by the end of the day tomorrow.

It has to be done, so count my losses on this, hubby said at least if it's in the dealer garage we can let them get on with it lol.

My bro law who works for them did also have his own large garage at home once upon a time which he has no longer, and he would have done the job himself, because he no longer has his own ramps either which will obviously have to be used for this job.

What we do know though is that it could take up to about 4 hours approx.

Three year guarantee. (which is fine by us because we intend to move on to another vehicle by then).

Comment

Skoda's are now very good cars (same as VW / Audi / Seat). However, I still don't believe 88mpg - possibly on a trip computer going down a hill with your foot off the accelerator!

Comment

Does any of you guys remember the old Lada's?

I can remember (I was younger then lol) my dad having a brand new one, blimey it was a workhorse, a good car, ok did not think much of the shape.
                          When dad changed to a new different car in time, he did miss the lada.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Does any of you guys remember the old Lada's?
                            worked at a Lada dealership many moons ago.......

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                            Skoda's are now very good cars (same as VW / Audi / Seat).
                            worked with all those as well lol
                            Last edited by Bricktop; 20 June 2012, 18:16.

Comment

That's good to know Bricktop.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                                I still don't believe 88mpg - possibly on a trip computer going down a hill with your foot off the accelerator!
                                High MPG is what I want, but I aint going to get it for 750 quid. I know (according to the adverts, some of the Hyundai claim to have a similar efficiency.
                                Last edited by oscar; 20 June 2012, 18:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X