GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help! URGENT! Suggestions and Comments on SAR from Abroad? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! URGENT! Suggestions and Comments on SAR from Abroad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! URGENT! Suggestions and Comments on SAR from Abroad?

Gawd! I really do not need to go and seek out trouble it comes to find me!

1.Background.
    Only son in Australia in the middle of very messy and now acrimonious divorce which has been going on for the last three years. Australia has a completely non causal divorce system and has binding calculationss for CSA, Spousal support etc. Complicated by Mother in Law being allowed to live with them in her own unit on the property and him being her retirement visa sponsor. This woman sadly is a serial benefits cheat and serial tax evader from her days in the UK as was her husband when he was still alive for at least 26 years. The details are irrelevant to this.
    2. The acrimony has become far worse as time has worn on because a truce had to be called between son’s lawyer (known as the bitch lawyer from hell- glad she is on his side) and his soon to be ex-wife who has up until four weeks ago refused to get legal advice/representation. The truce was called because it came to light that our granddaughter had been groomed and finally an admission that she had been sexually assaulted by a paedophile as had one of her friends and sporting rivals who had represented Australia in the 10K open water swimming along with granddaughter. This man was a sponsor of Swimming Australia and Swimming Queensland. The police turned up a 20 year history of abuse to which the sporting authorities had quietly turned a blind eye. He has now been committed for trial on two sample charges (these two of about 16 others) and the prosecution has asked for a 7 year sentence for the assaults on granddaughter and a 13 year sentence for the assaults on her friend and rival to run consecutively not concurrently. Son and father of friend are banned from any contact with each other by prosecution to ensure maximisation of the integrity of evidence. There you have it.

Now things are moving again ex-wife and her now lawyer are refusing to fulfil their obligations as to disclosure of her financial position and are claiming that son has now to pay for psychological counselling for granddaughter AND her mother AND Mother in law because of this. She is demanding that he pay for all her travelling to training and events, swimwear and the like, a lot of which is paid for by the sports bodies and to which he already gives her money to support these outside of the legal and voluntary obligations he has undertaken. He already is NOT domiciled in his own home (for the last three years) for which he is paying a full half and still giving them support and CSA payments totalling $2500AUD per month. They are claiming that financial information from the UK is partly the hold up (a delaying tactic) amongst other things. We have obtained and are the addressees for all his pension papers here including his civil service and MoD stuff which has already been submitted and fully disclosed.
    I need to stop this dead in its tracks. I have suggested that we (i.e. him) submit a subject access request to all the outstanding financial material holders here and get in place all the evidence to destroy this farce. I know many of you will say that this only one side of the story. Well yes it is but if you doubt my word then go look in the Brisbane Courier Mail March 31st 2013 for the magistrates hearings which were heavily reported by Kris Crane. Headline “Swim Official appears in Brisbane Court facing Charges of Drugging Swimmers for Sex”

There is NO debt attached to this. The financial stuff he needs to get hold of concerns two mortgages they had here and the bank accounts which were joint. ALL were Woolwich Building Society. A mortgage at each of two addresses, one in Hampshire and one in Essex, one passbook savings account, and one current account (basic chequebook) . All parties claim that they do not have the account numbers as such but we can provide approximate dates. Can anyone help please in constructing a SAR letter to get the material over to him. He and I will do it no problems just need some guidance.

Any comments or help would be much appreciated.

Regards
    G
    ( I really didn’t need effin’ Barclays and their scrotes starting up, again on top of this!!! )

Re: Help! URGENT! Suggestions and Comments on SAR from Abroad?

Hi mate

If I've read that right (sorry to read about granddaughter abuse ) you're looking for a SAR for Woolwich (ie Barclays) to establish historic account details, in both names (or just his)?

Our normal SAR will work mate. They'd be best using you as a c/o address but otherwise the info should be easy to obtain based on their address history.

If I've read it wrong please do fill me in
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Garlok,
      Good grief, what a scenario! Your poor son must be tearing his hair out
      I think it's doable but will rely on whether they can identify the accounts from the addresses, whether your son can satisfactorily prove his ID in a papertrail from those addresses to his current one and whether there are any protocols regarding transfer of personal data outside the EU.
      I found this, which may help:
      http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisati...=true#adequate

I would phone the Woolwich data controller and ask for their procedure on supplying data to Australia.
      I would suggest something on the following lines, adjusted depending on their answer:

Dear Sir/Madam,
      I am now resident in Australia and for legal reasons due to an impending divorce urgently require all information available on several accounts held with your company when I was resident in the UK. These were held jointly with my wife.
      While I do not have the account numbers, I can provide names, personal details, addresses and approximate dates as below:
      Mr xxxxxxxx
      DOB:
      Mrs xxxxxxx
      DOB:
      Address 1 from approx xxxx to xxxx
      Address 2 from xxxxx
      Types of Account:
      Mortgage
      Passbook Savings Account
      Current Account (basic chequebook)
      I would be most grateful if you would supply ALL data you hold on these accounts.

*****Here insert anything specific you need. Links to Basic and Advanced SAR for guidance:
      Basic: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...ypical-request
      Advanced: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...vanced-request
      I enclose the Statutory Fee of £10, and documentation confirming my identity.
      If there is anything further that you require in view of the fact that I am now resident in Australia, please contact me urgently at the address above, or by phone on xxxxxxxx or email xxxxx@xxxxxx

Yours faithfully,

See what others say too

Comment

Posts crossed while I was hunting stuff ^^^

Comment

Many many thanks Niddy and Elsa. Yes I think you have read all this correctly. It is merely from our point of view helping to obtain as quickly as is possible historical data concerning those accounts nothing more. There is no debt attached to this. The only thing which is left behind in the UK is a personal and sole Credit card in ex wife's name with whom I do not know and in fact I would go so far as to say that as she was a divorcee anyway that is actually in her previous married name---- can't be sure but they have tried to bring that into the joint liabilities pool maxed out at some £11K. However as far as I know nothing has followed her out to Oz and as they went in 2003 it will be Statute Barred. Lisa (bitch lawyer from hell ) has raised Cain about all this and has said that we should show all diligence to the court and that the letter from the now appointed lawyer is all "smoke and mirrors" and yet another delaying tactic which she wants to place before the court and have a settlement imposed upon ex-wife and associated hangers on.

I will get on to it today and put together a suitable text for him to get away. By the way for info I did look at one time into the legitimacy of information going outside the boundaries of the EU when we were being harrassed by the Indian and South African call centres. It seemed that they can move data within the geographical boundaries of the EU but you need to give express permission for data to go anywhere else. A research of various T & Cs particularly older ones does not give such express permission. a moot point.

Thank you for the concern over granddaughter. She and her friend have been remarkable brave in standing up for this. Friend has given up swimming altogether and Granddaughter was dropped from Australia team and barred from training with them as well. Despite both of them getting times which put them in second place for a while to Melissa Gorman the ex world champion. Mrs G has shed many a tear over all this. It is painful enough not being able to see family as it is and it is perhaps a very very good job that they are 12500 miles away otherwise Garlok would be in an orange suit awaiting his time on Death Row. Yes it has shaken us to the very core. The divorce and complications could be handleable but this on top. Hell I;m getting upset writing about it Sorry. The perpetrator is actually out on bail on tight tagged restrictions because they felt that his safety in an Aussie jail could not be assured and that he would not make the trial date.

Again many thanks guys I will keep you posted.

best regards
          G

Comment

Good luck G. A truly horrendous situation for that poor child. I doubt the monster who did it will last long in jail after the trial.

Comment

My goodness Garlok you and your family certainly seem to have acquired more than your fair share of problems!
              I do hope that this all works out in the end but particularly that your Grandaughter will be able to put everything to the back of her mind at least and to go on to lead an unencumbered and blessed life.

xx

Comment

Thanks Fluffystuff. Yes life at times does throw the wrong hand to you and in the end you do wonder where it will all end. But somehow you get by but a little peace, a small time without any worry, without ill health, without pain mental or physical would not come amiss for all of us once in a while.

regards
                G

Comment

Working...
                X