GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Life Assurance questions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life Assurance questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Assurance questions

My mate and hubby is not online at the moment for a little while, which is why they have asked me to check some details out for them.

I have not been given all details as such, but what they want to know is that can the incorrect occupation void a claim? and not full details of family medical history?

They requested some paperwork from their bank from what I know of and said they did not have copies of them when the policy of life assurance was taken out some time ago, and the proposal form they said was not completed by them because it was typed writing/answers etc.

I did advise that they should contact them to make them aware of any mistakes and anything put down incorrectly, and I think they still have it running now "i think"!.

Thank you,and thank you from my friend and her hubby too.

Re: Life Assurance questions

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    My mate and hubby is not online at the moment for a little while, which is why they have asked me to check some details out for them.

I have not been given all details as such, but what they want to know is that can the incorrect occupation void a claim? and not full details of family medical history?

They requested some paperwork from their bank from what I know of and said they did not have copies of them when the policy of life assurance was taken out some time ago, and the proposal form they said was not completed by them because it was typed writing/answers etc.

I did advise that they should contact them to make them aware of any mistakes and anything put down incorrectly, and I think they still have it running now "i think"!.

Thank you,and thank you from my friend and her hubby too.
    Yep all these things would be seen a material non disclosures, which could invalidate the cover.

As you say I would get a copy of the app and see what was missed and then update it with the correct info, remember though it's only what was known at the time and not what has happen since.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
      Yep all these things would be seen a material non disclosures, which could invalidate the cover.

As you say I would get a copy of the app and see what was missed and then update it with the correct info, remember though it's only what was known at the time and not what has happen since.
      Thank you, just what I thought as well, but wanted to check.

I don't think there's been any changes, everything the same, and I know her hubby is still in the same employment as he was then as well. I know that much from them lol.

Cheers, will pass the message on.

Comment

Thank you, just what I thought as well, but wanted to check.

I don't think there's been any changes, everything the same, and I know her hubby is still in the same employment as he was then as well. I know that much from them lol.

Cheers, will pass the message on.
        On the job front it should only make a difference if he put down he was a office worker, but was actually a deepsea diver( assuming life cover only) and on the family side unless they are really poorly ( all men dying before 50 etc) it shouldn't make any difference.

Comment

On the job front it should only make a difference if he put down he was a office worker, but was actually a deepsea diver( assuming life cover only) and on the family side unless they are really poorly ( all men dying before 50 etc) it shouldn't make any difference.
          Thanks for that.

I am aware there are several serious health conditions within their family, brother for one, and was at the time of them taking it out, he is still here thankfully.

Comment

Thanks for that.

I am aware there are several serious health conditions within their family, brother for one, and was at the time of them taking it out, he is still here thankfully.
            Sounds like it needs to be sorted ASAP then, if you friend was to die it would give the company a big get out clause.

Comment

Sounds like it needs to be sorted ASAP then, if you friend was to die it would give the company a big get out clause.
              I will give Dawn a ring shortly, I think she should get on to it immediately, to be on the safe side, cheers.

Comment

She is popping round for cuppa and bring what she does have (paperwork), will take a looksie at it, not that I can do a lot, but can take a look, see what's what.

Comment

She is popping round for cuppa and bring what she does have (paperwork), will take a looksie at it, not that I can do a lot, but can take a look, see what's what.
                  Di if you want to scan it in , more than happy to look over it.

Comment

Di if you want to scan it in , more than happy to look over it.
                    Okay, cheers will have a word with her.

Comment

Right, have some bits of paperwork, will try to attach as soon as possible, if scanner lets me lol.
                      She said they did not send her the actual application forms, the proposal forms completed by the intermediary was separate to the application form, and nothing no signature on the actual proposal forms.

Just having a quick cuppa, she not stopping long but leaving her stuff with me for the day.

Comment

Proposal form completed by intermediary/bank worker in 2001.
                        No attached form to sign with this one.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Am having a little trouble scanning further at the mo, but the other info she's brought with her is a Policy Schedule.

This is of the cover, date of application November 2001

Commencement date, December 2001

Expiry Date, December 2033

Sum assured £31,250.00

Death or terminal illness: applies to the policy

Waiver of premium benefit, Does not apply to the policy.

Amount £10
                          Intervals Monthly
                          First payment date, 11 Dec 2001
                          Last payment date, 11 November 2033

Policy affected under trust. The policy will be held by the trustees in accordance with the terms of the trust documents, a copy should be retained with this schedule, and the policy provisions.

.................................................. .....................................
                          There is also paperwork (signed) Flexible trust application.
                          Summary & recommendations date of interview 16 November 2001 that includes needs & product summary, no details of medical history asked on this form.

Investments - No need identified
                          Pensions - No need identified.
                          Mortgages - No need identified
                          Income protection - No need identified
                          Protection yes level cover to protect family.
                          .................................................. ..........
                          A personal factfind form.
                          Details of both partners, occupation, income details.

Mr - Earned Income - £1.5 month

Interview date 23 November 2001
                          Mrs - None

Comment

Mate said she will contact them to ask them if they still have details of the application form, which I assume should include details of medical questions as well??

Lol, Scottish widows, sold by lloyds.

I note on the actual proposal a list of questions in regards of meds, friend been on meds for a number of years and before the policy was taken out, and details of medical history in the family are written as No.
                            With this being a proposal form, in my opinon it was done over the computer by firstly intermediary, then underwriters and the correct details should therefore be disclosed on the application form.
                            A reason of why I think she should ask for it, as it may be different to what it says on the proposal form by error "maybe".

If this is the case, and she or or hubby had to make a claim, she should make sure with them as well it is put right.
                            Last edited by di30; 1 August 2012, 14:06.

Comment

.....also just to remind, they have 2 separate ones, she said the bank would not allow them to have a joint one, goodness knows why, I didnt question it to be honest.
                              But surely that should be choice of the customer's?

She did say they have joint accounts with banking etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X