GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Life Assurance questions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life Assurance questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Life Assurance questions

When myself and hubby taken out policies, they mainly include a few of them in one, critical illness, where terminal illness is automatically included.

But I'm sure in regards of "D" policy, I cannot see any information on even terminal illness, they declined critical, and it with it being "Level term" cover is that still classed an whole of life cover?

From what I know of Terminal illness you cannot purchase as a stand alone, so I am baffled on what they are paying for?

Comment

Spoken to "D" last night and she said they had a letter to confirm there was no Application form, and there was no requirement at that time for applicants to sign the proposal form, and not company procedure to provide applicants with a copy of the completed proposal form.

So.......if this is the case, as this was done (As copy posted in one of the above posts) is the customer's supposed to know what was correct and not correct?

Comment

Di

I've been away on holiday, your right though most life cover includes terminal illness cover know as standard. On a quick read of what you have posted I would say they have a level term policy that pays out on death.

What are you confused by ( I may have missed something??)

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
          Di

I've been away on holiday, your right though most life cover includes terminal illness cover know as standard. On a quick read of what you have posted I would say they have a level term policy that pays out on death.

What are you confused by ( I may have missed something??)

Hi

Hope you had a good holiday.

You know what I'm like when it comes to these type of policies, clueless lol, trying to explain to my mate's not been easy lol.

She said she made contact with SW/Lloyds to ask about a copy of the application form, she received a letter to say that the proposal form was that of the application (if you can recall I posted a copy of this above somewhere last week).

But I also thought that an application form would require a signature? and a proposal form is just that of a questionnaire?

Just baffled really lol.

Comment

Some companies don't require a wet signiture at all for the actual application but they all need a signiture of the medical disclosure.

They also dont need a signiture for the DDI either, but if they dont take the signiture they will normally send a full disclosure of what you told them etc in the post so you cant say at a later date you didn't know what you signed for, so I'm surprised by SW saying that they dont send anything out.

What is SW position now on the non disclosure? Also just for clarity on the non disclosure point is your friend saying she wasn't asked or that she didn't tell???

This is all starting to sound a little weird, but as I think I said earlier bankassurers are a law unto themselves and seem to be able to do things that I could never get though compliance!!!!

Comment

Some companies don't require a wet signiture at all for the actual application but they all need a signiture of the medical disclosure.

They also dont need a signiture for the DDI either, but if they dont take the signiture they will normally send a full disclosure of what you told them etc in the post so you cant say at a later date you didn't know what you signed for, so I'm surprised by SW saying that they dont send anything out.

What is SW position now on the non disclosure? Also just for clarity on the non disclosure point is your friend saying she wasn't asked or that she didn't tell???

This is all starting to sound a little weird, but as I think I said earlier bankassurers are a law unto themselves and seem to be able to do things that I could never get though compliance!!!!

Hiya

And thanks for the info.

I will have to ask her when i get to speak to her later, but what she did say earlier was that SW said it was not their company policy to send out a copy of the proposal (she only has one now because they sent her a copy recently, and said that was the application form), but looking at it it's just a complete proposal form - medical questions mainly, but she said there is family medical history (even when it was taken out) and cannot understand why its not listed.........and it says No.
              I think she is afraid that it will void a claim in the future - if she had to make a claim.

Everything else I have seen of her paperwork such as the policy schedule, policy factfind, summary & recommendations, but nothing of the medical side of it are enclosed on them, just the proposal form which was not a signable document.

In my own case with my own, we always had app forms and do not understand her's either to be honest, totally clueless

Comment

We if it was me I would disclose the medical history in writing to SW and see what they have to say and go from their. Also if she thinks she told the adviser that wrote the policy about the history as well, ask why it doesn't seem to be there.

Put it in their ball court, if they decide it's material non disclosure they will either need to cancel the policies and refund from inception or just included the new details so there is not a non disclosure problem on going.

The only time I've come across something like this in 20 plus years, is when somebody deliberately doesn't disclose something on application ( i'm not saying your friend did this) and gets cold feet becuase another family member has a claim that gets disallowed or paid becuase they told everthing.

One last thing did she say that she never signed anything at all????

Comment

We if it was me I would disclose the medical history in writing to SW and see what they have to say and go from their. Also if she thinks she told the adviser that wrote the policy about the history as well, ask why it doesn't seem to be there.

Put it in their ball court, if they decide it's material non disclosure they will either need to cancel the policies and refund from inception or just included the new details so there is not a non disclosure problem on going.

The only time I've come across something like this in 20 plus years, is when somebody deliberately doesn't disclose something on application ( i'm not saying your friend did this) and gets cold feet becuase another family member has a claim that gets disallowed or paid becuase they told everthing.

One last thing did she say that she never signed anything at all????

Hiya.

I know they called into the branch last week to question it and she said they were not much help at all, and they would not alter it, so this was why she have since sent a letter directly to SW to let them know and see if they can do anything. (I told her that SW are dealt with by Lloyds Customer service now, so not sure where that will get them).

She was thinking about getting a quote elsewhere if they do not do anything about it and have mentioned that in her letter from what I am aware of.

What I have seen, the only paperwork she and her hubby signed was an interview form of the Summary & Recommendations dated 16 November 2001, and they signed 23 November 2001 to sign it, she said there were 2 appointments for this. Trustee forms were signed by each one of them too. Nothing about medical questions on this though.

Apart from that, the proposal form is the only form that asks medical questions, and as you are aware, that is not signable.

She confirmed that is the only paperwork they have as well.

Cheers.
                  Last edited by di30; 13 August 2012, 11:32.

Comment

Well sounds like it's up to SW to sort it out. Still cant understand that they never signed a medical dec, so SW could go for medical evidence if it required.

If they play it right they may well get a refund and assuming they can get cover now they may be better off. I would suggest they find a local broker and see what they say on the options.

Comment

Well sounds like it's up to SW to sort it out. Still cant understand that they never signed a medical dec, so SW could go for medical evidence if it required.

If they play it right they may well get a refund and assuming they can get cover now they may be better off. I would suggest they find a local broker and see what they say on the options.

I think even though it is SW, but they are still classed as Lloyds from what I know of.

I am not sure if they have thought about asking for a refund at this point, maybe they just want to see if they hear anything back first, see what the letter says when they receive it. I will mention it just in case, but also to make sure they get relevant cover in place first.

To be honest I didnt even realise that a proposal form was an application form, because I always thought that if its classed as an application form there should be somewhere on them to sign, but there is nothing on their's at all, just that of the proposal I posted a few days ago.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        I think even though it is SW, but they are still classed as Lloyds from what I know of.

I am not sure if they have thought about asking for a refund at this point, maybe they just want to see if they hear anything back first, see what the letter says when they receive it. I will mention it just in case, but also to make sure they get relevant cover in place first.

To be honest I didnt even realise that a proposal form was an application form, because I always thought that if its classed as an application form there should be somewhere on them to sign, but there is nothing on their's at all, just that of the proposal I posted a few days ago.

Cheers.
                        What they where sent on review looks like the printout that is produced when you do a online app. If they where there, the guy would have just keyed in the replies to the answers. If that is the case I cant see know they missed answering the question. The guy doing the keying must have been fairly crap unless the family problem isn't one listed by the question.

Comment

What they where sent on review looks like the printout that is produced when you do a online app. If they where there, the guy would have just keyed in the replies to the answers. If that is the case I cant see know they missed answering the question. The guy doing the keying must have been fairly crap unless the family problem isn't one listed by the question.
                          Hi

I have just briefly spoken to "D", she said she can recall it was a female bank worker who interviewed, and can recall it was all computer keyed, the question about the family history is on the proposal form.

I am surprised they've not a signed document as well which encloses details of med conditions and history.

Comment

Hi

I have just briefly spoken to "D", she said she can recall it was a female bank worker who interviewed, and can recall it was all computer keyed, the question about the family history is on the proposal form.

I am surprised they've not a signed document as well which encloses details of med conditions and history.
                            So Di did your friend tell the lady or wasn't the question asked. I think this is the key point.

The signiture point is abit of a red herring, "D" either disclosed or didn't this is the core of the matter. If she wasn't asked thats a different matter though.

Comment

So Di did your friend tell the lady or wasn't the question asked. I think this is the key point.

The signiture point is abit of a red herring, "D" either disclosed or didn't this is the core of the matter. If she wasn't asked thats a different matter though.

I will double check with her tomorrow, thank you.

Comment

I will double check with her tomorrow, thank you.
                                Di when you speak to her also ask is the family condition one of the ones mentioned in the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X