GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Life Assurance questions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life Assurance questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Life Assurance questions

My friend will be popping over tomorrow with the forms, will know a little more then.

Comment

A standard form with med questions to complete and family history.

The letter is just asking to complete the form and sign, and to send back in the pre paid envelope.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        A standard form with med questions to complete and family history.

The letter is just asking to complete the form and sign, and to send back in the pre paid envelope.
        I would put in a covering letter with it stating that when your friend applied that they gave full disclosure to the Lloyds person and you assume it wont effect any of their covers.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
          I would put in a covering letter with it stating that when your friend applied that they gave full disclosure to the Lloyds person and you assume it wont effect any of their covers.

Yes good idea, I shall let her know to do that, thank you.

Comment

Did I tell you they offered them £50 for the inconvenience?

Comment

Did I tell you they offered them £50 for the inconvenience?
              Nope , nice of them though. It will be interesting to see what they come back with!!!

Comment

I think she said they were just making sure it was updated, and the assurance payments will continue as normal, and the £50 was a gesture of goodwill for the distress and inconvenience.
                Something like that.

Comment

Not posted on this one for a little while, and to what I know of things are sorted to her and her hubby's satisfaction, she did say she have asked them for a copy of the exclusions list, so she has a copy to keep, and the key document states to ask for these on request as its separate to the information on the key features document, because the full list is not enclosed, but it's taking ages she says, she is still waiting for them now. (She has tried chasing up for 2 weeks).

Any idea how long it should take for them to provide them with this exclusion document?

Comment

She said on the weekend, she received a letter, and Lloyds said they spoken to SW and they confirmed to them that in regards of the policy they were accepted at normal rates, and no specific exclusions applied. (so they never provided them with the copy).

I'm unable to tell her what to do here, because I do not know myself, but surely if the key features state to request for a copy of the policy provisions, as the one in the KF is only a guide, as they do not include all definitions/Exclusions & T@C's, she should be entitled for a copy?

I think with the issues that went on, her and her other half just want to make sure all goes the right way this time.

Comment

She is entitled to any docs that she requests ( I dont think there are service standards of this type of request as it's noncore but if its over 28 days I would kick off), but the only exclusions that they should be interested in are ones that are specific to them and if they are on standard rates there will be none.

Without rereading on the thread this looks like a great result, now it's sorted though if they want to look at other providers , get it done ASAP becuase due to changes brought by the EU there will be a lot of rate changes after december and I doubt any of them will make things cheaper.

Comment

Thank you, I shall pass the word on to her.

I think the fact that the booklet they did provide to her, underneath her chosen cover it stated that "this is only a summary, and that it did not include all definitions, exclusions or the T&C's

And another part of "We may include special terms on your plan, for eg; this could mean that one or more illnesses are not included in your cover.

But to ask for a copy of them.

I did find a copy online of the booklet she said she already has, and that is where it states the above....

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...r-qtHuWrSK6Sjw

Comment

Thank you, I shall pass the word on to her.

I think the fact that the booklet they did provide to her, underneath her chosen cover it stated that "this is only a summary, and that it did not include all definitions, exclusions or the T&C's

And another part of "We may include special terms on your plan, for eg; this could mean that one or more illnesses are not included in your cover.

But to ask for a copy of them.

I did find a copy online of the booklet she said she already has, and that is where it states the above....

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...r-qtHuWrSK6Sjw
                          Di

The reason that clause is in the document is because they can offer nonstandard terms. But as I said the fact the they have put in writting that they are a standard life, means the the plan should cover everthing that they think they have.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                            Di

The reason that clause is in the document is because they can offer nonstandard terms. But as I said the fact the they have put in writting that they are a standard life, means the the plan should cover everthing that they think they have.
                            Thank you mgfboy. I shall explain this to her.

That does make sense, and I'm learning at the same time too lol, thank you

Comment

My mate is confusing me lol, she said she had been contacted just recently and they are now saying they are forwarding the details of the exclusions that were not fully enclosed in the key features and sending the policy/provisions - t&c's???

Maybe it was from another dept, goodness knows

Comment

My mate is confusing me lol, she said she had been contacted just recently and they are now saying they are forwarding the details of the exclusions that were not fully enclosed in the key features and sending the policy/provisions - t&c's???

Maybe it was from another dept, goodness knows
                                Well get her to tell you what the exclusions are.
                                Last edited by mgfboy; 12 November 2012, 09:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X