GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Life Assurance questions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life Assurance questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Life Assurance questions

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
    Di when you speak to her also ask is the family condition one of the ones mentioned in the question.

Yes will do cheers.

I do know on the top of my head of Cancer, and "D" was tested to be mid to high risk this was back in the 80's, something to do with carrying the same genetic (gene) and other members of her family, sisters I think had the same result.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
      Yes will do cheers.

I do know on the top of my head of Cancer, and "D" was tested to be mid to high risk this was back in the 80's, something to do with carrying the same genetic (gene) and other members of her family, sisters I think had the same result.

Yep that would be very much a material fact that may well lead her to being declined for Critical illness and possible lead to a rating on life.

Comment

Yep that would be very much a material fact that may well lead her to being declined for Critical illness and possible lead to a rating on life.
        Hi

I have spoken to her quickly on the phone and I was right about the cancers, she did also say it was the same on her hubby's side about genetic/med conditions and the print says no on his as well (on the proposal form).

We did not go into detail, but despite her writing to them she said she rang SW early today and she is waiting for a return telephone call.
        Hopefully they will put things right to save them having to go through the hassle of looking elsewhere at the moment.

I shall let you know once I hear from her.

Thank you.

Comment

Don't know the full details, but she rang me to tell me they rang back, and they are about to send her out a form, think it was to update on the med/family history, hope they resolve it from there, fingers crossed for them.

Comment

Sounds fair enough, it still wouldn't surprise me though, if the cancel back to the beginning.

If they do though, that opens a new can of worms.

Comment

Sounds fair enough, it still wouldn't surprise me though, if the cancel back to the beginning.

If they do though, that opens a new can of worms.
              I will make her aware of that just in case, cheers.

Comment

Spoken to "D" and no form in the post up to now, she said she will give it a week to be fair, and chase them up if nothing received by then.

Comment

well she is basically covered at this point if anything happens, she has now disclosed and they haven't cancelled the policy. I'm still though not clear if she didn't tell or they didn't ask?????

Comment

well she is basically covered at this point if anything happens, she has now disclosed and they haven't cancelled the policy. I'm still though not clear if she didn't tell or they didn't ask?????
                    She did say all the questions were asked and she told them there was family med history and even said what, but as she never had a copy of this proposal until now on requesting for some docs the info is not confirmed on the form, which was the reason she asked if there was a written separate app form where it may have been disclosed, but as we know there wasnt as they are saying that the proposal is that of the app form.
                    Last edited by di30; 17 August 2012, 16:20.

Comment

She did say all the questions were asked and she told them there was family med history and even said what, but as she never had a copy of this proposal until now on requesting for some docs the info is not confirmed on the form, which was the reason she asked if there was a written separate app form where it may have been disclosed, but as we know there wasnt as they are saying that the proposal is that of the app form.
                      Well that fine then , in that case it's totally a SW/LTSB screw up. It will be interesting it see what they come back with, the person in the bank must have been really bad and I cant understand why they did it.

Comment

Well that fine then , in that case it's totally a SW/LTSB screw up. It will be interesting it see what they come back with, the person in the bank must have been really bad and I cant understand why they did it.

I don't understand why they did it, she said she remembers clearly of being asked about family history and said there are a list of them, so don't know what happened there, they could though deny her saying anything, as there is no other proof really.

Comment

I don't understand why they did it, she said she remembers clearly of being asked about family history and said there are a list of them, so don't know what happened there, they could though deny her saying anything, as there is no other proof really.
                          The only reason could be they where really lazy and couldn't be bother to type the info in!!!!

I hope in her letter to them she stated that she did tell them, becuase they will probably come back saying they werent told. But it does work both way they can't prove she didn't and as they dont have anything signed to prove other wise

Comment

The only reason could be they where really lazy and couldn't be bother to type the info in!!!!

I hope in her letter to them she stated that she did tell them, becuase they will probably come back saying they werent told. But it does work both way they can't prove she didn't and as they dont have anything signed to prove other wise
                            Oh yes of course lol cheers.

Comment

Di

Any update on this, I'm really curious to see what SW are going to do.

Comment

Di

Any update on this, I'm really curious to see what SW are going to do.

Hiya

Thank you for asking. They are away for a few days back Tuesday, but I do know they received some sort of questionnaire form, will be asking when she gets back on more details.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X