GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Di's hubby/Lloyds Credit Card/PPI - FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Di's hubby/Lloyds Credit Card/PPI - FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Di's hubby/Lloyds Credit Card/PPI - FOS

Right, back in March this year my hubby's case with the credit card ppi was paid out, resolved by the FOS after almost a year and a half of it being with them.
    The card ppi would not pay out due to an injury/pre med condition and it was never explained to hubby when he taken this out, saying that he did not actually receive the documents for this account until months after.

Anyways......
    Although it was paid out in March, I, on behalf of my hubby emailed the FOS/Adjudicator who was dealing with this and asked if they could look at the calculations, as I did not feel they added up.
    So they taken it on and confirmed its with their calculations team.

Now time have run on and every month as from March, he have been told the same thing, that they apologise but they are still currently awaiting the calculations for review from Lloyds!!!

That was 6 months ago!!!! ;;H surely this should not take them long to deal with this one, its only the calculations for goodness sakes.........

The last email received here and they are all basically the same as emails he received before that!

This was last week:

Dear di30's hubby,

I am currently awaiting your account statements from Lloyds TSB in order for us to review their offer and calculations. Once these have been received your calculations will be reviewed.

Please accept my apologies for this delay.

yours sincerely
    FOS
    .................................................. .................................................. .................
    This was in August.

Dear di30's hubby,

There is still no further update in regards to the redress issues you have raised, we are still liaising with Lloyds TSB in order to try and resolve this.

Yours sincerely
    FOS
    .................................................. .................................................. ....................

This one at the beg of July.

Dear di30's hubby,

Thank you for your e-mails.

Please accept my repeated apologies for this delay, we are still liaising with Lloyds.

Again as previously stated this issue is being dealt and we will be in touch when we are able to update you and answer your query below.

Yours sincerely,

/ Financial Ombudsman Services /
    Tel: 020 / Fax: 020 / South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

This one from June

Dear di30's hubby,

Thank you for your e-mail and apologies for the delay in responding to you.

I am currently looking into the the progress made in assessing your settlement calculation. I will be in touch when I have given an update.

Yours sincerely,

/ Financial Ombudsman Services /
    Tel: 02 / Fax: 020 / South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR
    .................................................. .................................................. ............................
    early in June

Dear ,

We are looking into how Lloyds TSB have performed the calculations on your PPI refund, unfortunately this may take some time as we are awaiting the exact figures and interest rates applicable to your account.

Once this has been received we will be able to check the calculations. I will be in touch as soon as I have an answer to your query.

Please accept my apologies for the length of time this is taking.

yours sincerely

.................................................. .................................................. ........................
    End of May

Dear,

Thank you for your e-mail dated 11 June 2010.

I can advise that Lloyds are in the process of calculating the redress again. We will respond in due course with an update once this calculation has been completed.

Yours sincerely,

Casework Support Administrator - PPI Support / Financial Ombudsman Services /
    Tel: 020 / Fax: 020 / South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early May

Dear

I will be liaising with you in regards to your issues. I hope that my manager will speak to Lloyds TSB so that we can resolve your issues sooner rather than later.

yours sincerely

.................................................. .................................................. ........................
    End of April

Dear,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding, we have yet to have a response from Lloyds TSB. If I do not hear from them by Friday I will pass this onto a manager who will contact them direct.

Yours sincerely

Re: Di's hubby/Lloyds Credit Card/PPI - FOS

tbh this is lloyds tsb we are talking about

Who quite frank are a joke and a shambles of a company

I'm sending a letter to them 2moro stating that i want compensation of them going over my SAR time limit

Should be rather fun tbh
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit
      tbh this is lloyds tsb we are talking about

Who quite frank are a joke and a shambles of a company

I'm sending a letter to them 2moro stating that i want compensation of them going over my SAR time limit

Should be rather fun tbh

Hiya

Yeah that's so true.
      They are quick enough chasing for money but do not want to pay out.

How much over the 40 days are they with your SAR?

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit
        Save your time mate, they are under no legal obligation to pay out - if necessary you follow the appropriate channels which is a complaint to the ICO - no compo can be paid for delay to a SAR unless it directly had an adverse affect on you and you can prove it; and wish to sue them for said amount in a civil case (at your expense)....

basically report them to the ICO. ;D
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Di,

Send this to the FOS - by reply to the email:
          • "I write with reference to the continual delay in Lloyds responding to your query and question whether such a delay is really necessary? Based on their overall history, my exceptional circumstances, the time taken to date, the amount involved and the fact this has been dragging on for over 6 months, I appeal to you to use common sense and force the bank respond by some other formal threat or make the award in my favour; in line with your main principle which is also the regulators - treating customers fairly rules. This means making sure i’ve been dealt with appropriately, which to be frank I have not been treated fairly, quite the opposite in my opinion.

I appreciate that FOS complaints can take between 3-9 months to resolve, granted - maybe so, but the 9 month figure is generally for extremely complex cases not a simple one such as this. I am sick of waiting at their beck-at-call when it is clear they are abusing the system."

See what that does.....

edit: See this as well: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/fight-back-fos
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
            Di,

Send this to the FOS - by reply to the email:
            • "I write with reference to the continual delay in Lloyds responding to your query and question whether such a delay is really necessary? Based on their overall history, my exceptional circumstances, the time taken to date, the amount involved and the fact this has been dragging on for over 6 months, I appeal to you to use common sense and force the bank respond by some other formal threat or make the award in my favour; in line with your main principle which is also the regulators - treating customers fairly rules. This means making sure i’ve been dealt with appropriately, which to be frank I have not been treated fairly, quite the opposite in my opinion.

I appreciate that FOS complaints can take between 3-9 months to resolve, granted - maybe so, but the 9 month figure is generally for extremely complex cases not a simple one such as this. I am sick of waiting at their beck-at-call when it is clear they are abusing the system."

See what that does.....

edit: See this as well: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/fight-back-fos

That is great Niddy, will do this, thank you.
            I was also thinking it would be a good idea to send a copy of this to the main one, her name is Natilie Ceeley I think, what do you think?

That was not all the emails received though, received more but all the same replies on each one of them lol.

I will get on with this on the weekend and get it posted by recorded delivery, also email it to them as well.
            Thats fantastic, thanks again Niddy, scooby my hubby is also very grateful, cheers.

Comment

Well an update since writing to them......thanks Niddy.

The email my hubby received this morning....

Dear Mr ,

Thank you for your letter via email attachment.

We have not received the information as of yet from Lloyds TSB however they have agreed to re-calculate your offer based on guidance from this service. We hope to have a response within the next 2 weeks.

yours sincerely
              FOS

Comment

Originally posted by di30
                Well an update since writing to them......thanks Niddy.

The email my hubby received this morning....

Dear Mr ,

Thank you for your letter via email attachment.

We have not received the information as of yet from Lloyds TSB however they have agreed to re-calculate your offer based on guidance from this service. We hope to have a response within the next 2 weeks.

yours sincerely
                FOS
                Hi Di,

14 days are now up, i'd expect you to have received an improved offer already - has that happened? If not, just send a gentle bump to the FOS again and have them chase natPest for you.

Niddy k

Comment

OMG, i thought i posted up with the update........my memory lapse sorry Niddy ;Red .

Right, a recap on this first, they paid over £800 with distress compo in March of this year, this is on a settled credit card account.
                  The fos rang yesterday to confirm lloyds owe well over £400, because they did not calculate inline with the fos guidelines as the ombudsman originally requested.
                  So it looks like a further distress payment to be paid too.

A cheque should be in the post if not then by next week, but don't worry we will do some chasing up again if needs to be, i do have more contact details now, who is the superviser at the refunds team. k

Comment

Excellent news Di - you're a right little trooper with this now - the FOS will hate the sound of you soon enough haha

Comment

LOL Niddy..........cheers.

But.........I think the fos love us......... , remember the issue in regards of the mortgage, they have re-opened the case and now saying there were some things they missed, its also confirmed by the adjudicator herself on the phone last week that C&G have refunded the £99 fee to the mortgage account - they charged us for last year, however we did not know anything about this refund until the adjudicator informed us, and now she is asking for more details, she is now saying we have a case. 2 k

Comment

Fos emailed today and lloyds sending the payment of just over £463 by 21 days, working day i expect, but still a bonus. k

Comment

The FOS confirms that Lloyds did not specifically state working days, so hubby have been told to take the 21 days as from her email last week or so, and if he hears nothing or the refund have not been paid into the bank account is to let her know. k

Comment

I'm happy to confirm that the remaining of the refund was paid into the bank this morning, and this was £463.40.
                            Hubby is happy its sorted now anyway.

(This was the extra payment owed to him as Lloyds did not calculate or give the right amount in March of this year!.

Comment

Originally posted by di30
                              I'm happy to confirm that the remaining of the refund was paid into the bank this morning, and this was £463.40.
                              Hubby is happy its sorted now anyway.

(This was the extra payment owed to him as Lloyds did not calculate or give the right amount in March of this year!.
                              Well done Di - at last, one down just the mortgage complaint to go (well thats the biggie in all this).....

Best of luck.... gh

Comment

Working...
                              X