GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Accounts.Lloyds/FOS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accounts.Lloyds/FOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accounts.Lloyds/FOS

Did not know where to post this as all 4 were sorted out together with the FOS.

Right, I posted up some time ago about the FOS had resolved a few of the issues in regards of Lloyds TSB.
    The bank account is no longer open, they closed this about last Oct 2009, and when my hubby lost his last job we did fall into difficulties.

As well as going through one of the free debt organisations, lloyds were aware of our hardship but they taken their time to move it on to their own debt departments, as we were paying monthly token payments, the FOS/adjudicator resolved these matters where lloyds agreed to settle and to refund on all the 4 accounts, this included.
    The cheque bank account
    2 loan accounts
    1 credit card.

There was also a payment of £100 for distress and inconvenience.

Anyhow, I must have mis -read because even though we were send the distress £100 payment by cheque, we wondered where the other refunds were, so I made contact with the adjudicator who then waited a while before lloyds got back, when they did they confirmed the refunds were all refunded to all 4 accounts.

I assumed it was coming back to us, as they already put us out of pocket but there we go.

But.......how do I know if they had actually done this?

I then contacted the adjudicator again and said we have no concrete proof this have been done, because prior to this she said Lloyds had said they do not send out update balances when refunds have been made to the accounts.

So how the heck will we know if they have actually made the payments towards the accounts?

I then emailed the adjudicator and stated that!

So I said, I should write to ask for proof on this, she said yes to do that, but I have not got round to doing this yet.

Any suggestions folks on what I should write?
    Thanks.

Remember these are with the debt agencies now.

Cheers.

Re: Accounts.Lloyds/FOS

After writing/e-mailing the adjudicator this was the response......

Dear Mrs,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

I have now heard from Lloyds. They have confirmed that of the refunds have been applied to the accounts directly, and that this was done at the same time the cheque for £100 was processed. They said that they don't usually send a breakdown of details of refunds as they will be exactly the same as what was set out in the offer. I understand that the debt recovery agents will contact you directly to discuss the monthly repayments, if these need to be adjusted.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Yours sincerely,

J
    Adjudicator| Financial Ombudsman Service
    South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR
    T: 020 | F:020 |
    E: j

Comment

Re: Accounts.Lloyds/FOS

In regards of my last query to the adjudicator.....her response

Dear Mrs ,

I agree that it is a good idea to write to ask them to confirm the amounts outstanding, just to clarify. As the accounts are with debt recovery, it would be best to contact debt recovery directly if possible.

Yours sincerely,

J
      Adjudicator| Financial Ombudsman Service
      South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR
      T: 020 | F:020
      E:

Comment

Working...
      X