GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mis sold Packaged account/template letter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mis sold Packaged account/template letter

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis sold Packaged account/template letter

Here below is a template (ok from over MSE) lol but just to give an idea and the template letter (wording can also be changed) if required but this gives an idea of what you can reclaim for basically.........

[Insert your name
    and address]

[insert date]
    [insert name and
    address of bank
    you held your account with]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account name: [insert account name]
    Account number: [insert account number]

I have had the above account since [insert date] but believe it was mis-sold to me. [Insert reason for complaint - see below]
    • I didn’t know I was paying and don’t remember ever agreeing to having this account.
    • I was upgraded without my knowledge.
    • I was told I would be eligible for travel insurance but later found out I wasn’t.
    • I wasn’t told I wouldn’t be eligible for one or more of the insurance policies.
    • I was told I had to get the account in order to take out a loan / overdraft / mortgage.
    • I was told I wouldn’t be eligible for your fee-free accounts and had to get one.
    • I wasn’t told there was an alternative, free account.
    • I tried to cancel my account but was forced into keeping it.

I enclose copies of my statements dating back to when the first account fee was taken out and any related documents. I am writing to request a full refund of the fees I have paid plus any interest owed to me.

I look forward to your response within eight weeks, otherwise I won’t hesitate taking my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
    Yours faithfully,

[insert your signature]

[Insert your name (printed)]

Re: Mis sold Packaged account/template letter

Excellent! Thanks for this Di

Comment

Not a problem.
      I can see this being the next biggie to be honest, so it's a start!

Comment

Also to add, that some months ago, I did complain about being sold an account package where we did not fully qualify for all the products, 3 times they rejected, and its with the FOS now!

But with this type of complaint now starting to become more active since I complained, hopefully there will be some positive results when directly complaining to your bank(s).

Comment

It will also be interesting to see if anyone brings a claim over the LIBOR RATE scam

Comment

Yes that will also be very interesting PF.

Comment

Some people could have lost thousands over this with higher mortgage and loan repayments.

Comment

I agree PF, this will become a biggie issue as well I think.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  It will also be interesting to see if anyone brings a claim over the LIBOR RATE scam
                  There are very few people out there that have directly Libor linked mortgages/loans, but those who do tend to have either large or specialized loans/lending.

Comment

Mine is linked to the B of E base rate and it was that which was manipulated

Comment

Mine is linked to the B of E base rate and it was that which was manipulated
                      Sorry mate it wasn't , Libor is not the same and B of E base rate.

Banks can't manipulate B Of E base rate as it's set by the Bank of England.

Libor can be either higher or lower than B Of E base rate and varies on a day to day bases, also there are different libor rates depending on time of loan 1 day, 1 week, 3 months etc.

Comment

But is the B of E rate not set according to libor ?

Comment

But is the B of E rate not set according to libor ?

Nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_England_base_rate
                          Last edited by mgfboy; 6 February 2013, 17:25.

Comment

This is confusing because while you say this sky news is saying the opposite, that banks will be open to a flood of litigation claims for mortgages, car loans etc from customers.

Comment

This is confusing because while you say this sky news is saying the opposite, that banks will be open to a flood of litigation claims for mortgages, car loans etc from customers.

I think sky news are saying what ever gets the most coverage.

Libor does effect the base cost of money, which will feed though to the rest of the system, but we are talking fractions of a percent on the rate. The libor fixing only made real money when your trading 100's of millions, buy the time it may feed though to say credit cards it would only have the effect of a few pence or even nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X