GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming on packaged bank accounts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming on packaged bank accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pompeyfaith
    replied
    Re: Reclaiming on packaged bank accounts

In my view and as you have just shown, this is another big misselling issue that could cost the banks millions on top of the already increased PPI set aside.

Di if you feel you were sold add-ons that were of no use to you go for it as you have nothing to lose but maybe plenty to gain.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• di30
    started a topic Reclaiming on packaged bank accounts

Reclaiming on packaged bank accounts

When we were with Lloyds, they had a habit of upgrading our bank account automatically.

I can clearly recall that the one day we went to purchase a garden item in B&G (DIY)Store, and we knew we had a healthy balance at the time, well not exactly wealthy but it was well in credit LOL!

None of our debit cards went through at the till, "how embarrassing with a big queue", so we went straight to the bank, the balance was checked and all was fine, but we did not understand why it happened, the bank manager just said it must have been a glitch, but then said it would be best to move up from platinum account to premium.

We were not even told the amount we would be paying for a month, but it was that of £25!!!!

We received some leaflets/info in the post sometime later about the benefits, but we did not feel they were ALL beneficial to us, because we already had automatic cover elsewhere with the main of them, we asked if we can go to a cheaper account, but they said as it's set up now, they were unable to do so.

So with that, I think we will check on the other packaged accounts we had with them prior to that.

What are your views on this please folks?

Thank you in advance.
Working...
X