GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Linked accounts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linked accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linked accounts

Hello All!

Is there a page that have all the credit cards and bank accounts that are linked to each other?
    Would like to know so I know which ones to avoid as my OH needs to open a basic account.
    Really grateful for any info. Thanks in advance!

bobo
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Re: Linked accounts

Depends on which bank/s you have had a naughty history with.

Which if you tell us we all would be able to tell you where the best bet is.

Hth
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

These are what I have
      http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/savings-an ... _page_id=7

http://moneyfacts.co.uk/guides/credit-c ... dit-cards/
      It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi! Thanks for the info. Thinking of openning an account with Yorkshire Bank but my debtors are MBNA,Sainsbury,Barclaycard,Virgin and Mint.

I've an account with RBS and Mint is linked to this bank. Can Mint request money from my account?

Thanks for any help.

bobo

Comment

Hiya

Mint is issued by RBS so my understanding is they would.

You should set up another account with the Yorkshire Bank or The Co-operative Bank as neither of these banks are linked to your credit cards

Yorkshire--> http://www.ybonline.co.uk/personal/curr ... t-account/

Co-op--> http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servl ... T.svl=copy

The Co-op will not credit check you for their basic account, not sure about the Yorkshire. k

Comment

Thanks swanfan! Did a search and co-op bank is out of my way ;F-
            Did somemore reading and Nationwide seems a good choice too. Iwill go for Yorkshire bank and see how it goes and I will come back and keep everyone update.

Comment

Originally posted by bobogosing
              Did somemore reading and Nationwide seems a good choice too. Iwill go for Yorkshire bank and see how it goes and I will come back and keep everyone update.
              You don't need to have a Coop Bank branch nearby as you can pay money/cheques in at any post office and get cash out of any atm.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm with Co-op, and there isn't a branch for 30+ miles!

I applied on the phone - so never actually been into a branch.

However, money paid in via the post office (cash) is credited immediately, and you get envelopes for depositing cheques either by post of via the post office. You also get access to internet banking. I recommend them from my own experiences.
                If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee
                  I'm with Co-op, and there isn't a branch for 30+ miles!

I applied on the phone - so never actually been into a branch.

However, money paid in via the post office (cash) is credited immediately, and you get envelopes for depositing cheques either by post of via the post office. You also get access to internet banking. I recommend them from my own experiences.
                  Originally posted by pixiechick
                  You don't need to have a Coop Bank branch nearby as you can pay money/cheques in at any post office and get cash out of any atm.
                  ;Hi1 Hello both and thanks for info. That's even better, I shall ring the co-op bank tomorrow. ;K7

Comment

did you sort the co-op account? how did it go?

Painful or painless....?
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                      did you sort the co-op account? how did it go?

Painful or painless....?
                      ;Hi1 Hello Niddy and everyone!

Applying for nationwide account, going in on Wednesday as when we dropped the application form off, the person that's deal with applications were not in. Got a call yesterday (Monday) and asked to bring passport for proof of signature.......keeping our fingers cross everything will go smoothly for tomorrow.
                      Will let you all know tomorrow or Thursday.

Takecare all!! bobo

Comment

:hello Niddy , mods and everyone!

Hope you are all keeping well!

Managed to open a current account with Nationwide but did not passed the overdraft application, think it's the low wage we filled in. (took a wage cut to keep the job )

Or it could be the missed payments (2 mths) that's displayed on the credit file.

Just have wait for the cheque book and debit card now.

Thanks all for the advices!

Comment

:hello Niddy , mods and everyone!

Hope you are all keeping well!

Managed to open a current account with Nationwide but did not passed the overdraft application, think it's the low wage we filled in. (took a wage cut to keep the job )

Or it could be the missed payments (2 mths) that's displayed on the credit file.

Just have wait for the cheque book and debit card now.

Thanks all for the advices!
                          Well done you - however that is a full bank account right? What does your credit file look like? Do you have defaults etc...?

Thanks for the updates.... glad you got bank sorted though, nicely done.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes, It will be a full bank account. Don't think there's any defaults yet as only 2 payments been missed.

Comment

Working...
                            X