GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Shaming of bully banks: We DID intimidate customers with fake debt collection letters admit bosses - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaming of bully banks: We DID intimidate customers with fake debt collection letters admit bosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaming of bully banks: We DID intimidate customers with fake debt collection letters admit bosses

Shaming of bully banks: We DID intimidate customers with fake debt collection letters admit bosses

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 6th September 2014 09:33.

*HSBC, Barclays, Santander and RBS/Natwest all admit using the trick* *Treasury committee said banks are 'pulling the wool over customers' eyes'*...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Shaming of bully banks: We DID intimidate customers with fake debt collection letters admit boss

Good to see Mercers named and shamed

Comment

Re: Shaming of bully banks: We DID intimidate customers with fake debt collection letters admit boss

Still dont think they are going far enough.

All these DCA's should be stopped from pretending they are different company's when just a little research shows who they really are.

Why do they pass it over to the next door threat monkey who just has another company badge on. Got to be for the exact same reasons. To threaten, mislead and intimidate.

Comment

Another one from Mercers served under S87(i)and the Banks stated that it was always made clear in the small print who it was from, NO they did not.

Comment

Perhaps my wish could be just around the corner.

Taken from the FCA's regulation roundup August 2014

Credit
          In terms of consumer credit, many of you will no doubt
          have seen the recent media reports on the use of fake
          letters by Wonga. We are pleased that affected customers
          will be compensated for the firm's unfair and misleading
          behaviour. Over the coming months we will be looking at
          debt collection activities across the sector to ensure firms
          aren't using misleading letters. We believe that it is vital
          that those experiencing financial difficulty should be treated
          fairly and their situation not exacerbated by poor behaviour.
          In both sectors we continue to work hard to ensure:
          customers are treated fairly when receiving advice
          firms identify and manage the risks arising from
          change in business models
          firms lend responsibly

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/regulatio...up/august-2014

Comment

Ken
            Perhaps the FCA could use a few pointers as to who they should be looking at.

Comment

Point away

- - - Updated - - -

Point away

- - - Updated - - -

Point away
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I wonder how many suicides and relationship break-ups have been caused by the pressure of letters from these fake solicitors/dcas?
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's a very good point, Pixie.

But I bet they won't change their tactics that much - just think of other ways in which to harass people.

I also think they should be stopped from ringing people at their place of work.

Comment

Here here, I think dca,s should be outlawed also.They are the lowest of the low.
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

The article doesn't mention HBOS and the infamous Blair, Oliver and Scott, who I believe are also implicated. Although no doubt when investigated HBOS will have lost the documents..

Comment

I could supply them with letters goIng back 11 years!

Comment

I've got a fair collection as well, Blair Oliver and Scott in particular

Comment

i've got LOADS...... from clients, agents, clients' clients, client's agents and probably agents' agents as well....... pmsl......

Oops.... forgot about the clients' clients' clients!!
                            Remember the mantra:
                            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Working...
                            X