GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays bank in quarterly loss - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays bank in quarterly loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays bank in quarterly loss

Barclays bank in quarterly loss

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 31st October 2012 09:18.

UK bank Barclays has reported a pre-tax statutory loss of £47m for the three months to September, against a £2.4bn profit for the quarter last...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Barclays bank in quarterly loss

I knowwww, poor lambs. I won't be able to sleep for worrying about them having to slum it at the Ritz! *shudder*

Have Barclays even tried chasing you for your Egg Card FP? I have one and apart from an NOA over a year ago, not had anything. On my CR it's constantly recorded as 6 payments late and never updated although I haven't paid anything since December 2008. Roll on January 2015!

Comment

What a shame! I bet they still get their massive bonuses though...
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Better give our £50 compensation for crap service back.

I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo guilty I am partially to blame for this.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          Better give our £50 compensation for crap service back.

I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo guilty I am partially to blame for this.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
            On my CR it's constantly recorded as 6 payments late and never updated although I haven't paid anything since December 2008. Roll on January 2015!
            Presume you are going to deal with the late payment markers once it goes SB?

Comment

Yep...despite their incorrect entries I still have the official DN and termination letters from Egg, so if the marker doesn't disappear when the 6 years is up I'll 'ave 'em

Begs the question FP, why did they bother to buy these then ignore non payers. Highlights the difference I suppose between purely debt buyers and across the board account buyers...Barclays only seem interested in maintaining the paying accounts at the moment. Maybe they'll sell us dirty debtors en masse at some stage...

Comment

Sounds more like incompetence by Barclays. Egg disposed of a big lump of bad debt (us included) just before Barclays took them on. Maybe there was and isnt enough to sell on just yet. Could be just you and FP left. Turn the lights out when you leave.

There has been a number of DCA's that seem to be actively doing this red 6 or 6 late payment without a default scam.

In our instance they even said that they were being kind to us by not registering a default as we were trying to repay as opposed to avoiding to pay.

Cant for the life of me see how that benifited us to have red 6's until 2018 on our account at the speed we were paying back.

Luckily we found on Equifax the OC had actually defaulted us and the ICO them

Comment

Hehe all grist for the mill should they ever raise their ugly heads...

Comment

Working...
                  X