GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Firms and households shunning new debt, says BBA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firms and households shunning new debt, says BBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firms and households shunning new debt, says BBA

Firms and households shunning new debt, says BBA

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 23rd October 2012 18:03.

Households and businesses have "no appetite" to take on new debts as the UK economic outlook remains uncertain, a banking body has said. Unsecured...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Firms and households shunning new debt, says BBA

no shit Sherlock!!!!

Comment

your arse has to be studded in diamonds these days to get credit

Comment

It was easy Credit that got me in this mess. Then I don't fully blame myself, for every time I maxed out or went into OD I was given (not Requested) a higher limit or offered a consolidation.

Over the years they made a fortune out of me.

Now if any bank thinks I even want a Bank account let alone Credit. They Know where to Stick it.

Regards to all, Handy
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Hi FP, I scrape by without a bank Account because I am self employed and my Boss pays me (That Dirty Word) Cash in Hand each week. Now I have to put my deductions to one side, but what's left is mine and If I want to make the Leccy Bill wait a while longer then it's my choice. If I don't have the cash to fix the car then I will have to do without (as is the case at the moment).

But at least in some small way I can control my finances.

Like it was in the olden times!

Regards, Handy
          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
          Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

I have an acc witn Nationwide (with O/D as well) this is the only one we dont owe money too, like most of us started with £200 cap 1 limit ending with loans credit cards limits up too £10000 on some then the crap hit the fan no one wanted to help, thats why I came here (thanks niddy) now no one will touch us with a barge pole thats ok no DDs only pay by internet banking and only four years to go and should have a clear file. Actually tried experian on line the other day and had to phone then told had to write anyway, so awaiting to see if any one has added any more defaults. (arrow global probably).

Comment

Always worth checking the default date remains the same when debt is assigned.

We just had a run in with CL Finance on this very thing. They decided to change it. We decided they should change it back.

Ended up with ICO kicking their butt and getting us compensation

Comment

This does raise an interesting issue for the banks which is if they aren't making money off us by lending and the interest from the loans what are they going to hit us with next?

At the moment they are making up the shortfall through being able to borrow at ridiculously cheap rates, but not passing this on to consumers.

At some point though interest rates will have to creep up and the scumbags will have to come up with more inventive ways to screw people (compulsory 'fees' for current accounts for example).

They are already 'preparing' us to be screwed in this way by making noises that free banking is not sustainable blah blah.

It would be fantastic if we could all get paid in cash. Unfortunately companies assist the banks in stiffing us by insisting that we are paid via BACS into a bank account, which, in the very near future, I fear we will be paying the banks just to have an account with them.

In other words we will have little choice but to pay a monthly fee, just to get a vehicle into which our wages can be paid.

Whats going to be the next banking scandal or next thing we have to aware of?

Right now I would be more fearful of walking into my local branch with £1000 in my wallet (if I was ever so fortunate!) than I would in some of the rough parts of town!
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Whats going to be the next banking scandal or next thing we have to aware of?

Interest only mortgages seem to be right up there as the one the banking industry are fearful of next.

Comment

Working...
                  X