GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

That prat Tim Farron professes to know what everybody's thought processes are -

‘For many millions of people, this was not just a vote about Europe,’ he said.
    ‘It was a howl of anger at politicians and institutions who they felt they were out of touch and had let them down.'

Lib Dems promise to keep Britain in the EU if Brexit sparks general election

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      My "fools" remark is tongue in cheek - point being the same people who voted in back in 73 & 75 are the ones now voting out (Young back then, pensioners now).

They hoped things would change for the better. It hasn't. They know best. Kids nowadays are generally nothing but work shy and rude (minus the exception). The EU has handed an easy life on a platter and that's wrong. Anyone over 40 will recall parents back then having several jobs.

Up to get us ready for school. Job 1. Home at 3 to sort us out then when other parent came in they went off to job 2 and occasionally went straight to job 3 (nightclub). Hard times indeed.

Originally posted by BuzzyBee View Post
      Not necessarily. In the '60s and early '70s, it was not unusual for women to be housewives/stay at home parents. That may have been one reason why kids were generally better brought up and not work shy or rude. Most had two parents rather than one, and one was with them most of the time.
      Rubbish ! ...you obviously wasn't brought up in an average working mans '60s '70s environment, BOTH parents went out to work period !

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzyBee View Post
        Not necessarily. In the '60s and early '70s, it was not unusual for women to be housewives/stay at home parents. That may have been one reason why kids were generally better brought up and not work shy or rude. Most had two parents rather than one, and one was with them most of the time.
        You must have been from a very wealthy family then lol - sadly not the case for me or anyone I grew up with - we were council tenants and both parents worked at least 2 jobs for 6 days a week, as did my grandparents etc....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

this petition - do the thick idiots not realise that a petition ONLY means it will be debated in Parliament? Clearly they will discuss and dismiss it as they must; the majority spoke.

It's akin to my not liking the lottery results last night, so demanding a redraw. Ridiculous.

Plus, you have to realise it would take an extremely brave leader to risk their whole career by calling another referendum which would (and should) be rejected by other MP's.

#sourgrapes
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Petition ...another referendum ? ...absolute bollox !

Many citizens of the UK voiced their discontent regarding the EU. The government offered us a referendum to choose the path we should take, either on our own or remain under the control of Brussels. The people had a choice and the majority voted to leave....end of !

Our fathers and grandfathers when faced with losing our sovereignty took to arms and fought to keep it...
            And many died doing it. We've just achieved the same result in 24 hours without a bullet being fired and repelled the invaders !

I hope any attempt at changing the outcome of the referendum is treated with the contemp it deserves !

Comment

They are going on about that petition again , if it does happen I feel like I never want to vote again , it's not fair just because they don't agree , hubby reckons there could be riots.I really can't believe the shyte that' going on ,everybody sounds like someone's died.
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

never in the whole of Human conflict has so few messed up so many! = Politicians
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                  They are going on about that petition again , if it does happen I feel like I never want to vote again , it's not fair just because they don't agree , hubby reckons there could be riots.I really can't believe the shyte that' going on ,everybody sounds like someone's died.
                  Well I have just lost on the lottery and I am going back to the newsagents to get my £2 back!!!.

Comment

referenda are a poison chalice, they cause discontent and at least half the people are upset by the result

look at the Scottish referendum, it was awful, sustained, windows were broken, pensioners were afraid, yes afraid. in the 21st century to go and make their lawful vote because of nutters, mostly thick, who could not grasp the economic implications and had somehow been fed a pile of total tosh as past history, sense won out and the snake in Edinburgh has now started again with her inane wittering. The Scottish Referendum actually allowed young children to vote and there were endless soundbites of Polish, Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian people all advocating voting independence when this wasn't even their country!

The EU referendum, in comparison was all sweetness and light because nearly everyone, and I include the government in this, had a wee place in their heart where they knew that the EU had changed so vastly, it wasn't what anyone had voted for in 1975, the endless pictures the BBC pumped out of refugees toiling through eastern Europe last year did not help, it put the fear of God into people, who are already struggling to get homes, jobs, doctor's appointments and generally live a life in the country they have worked for, paid tax in all their lives.

They all need to pull themselves together and get on with it, democracy has spoken, they need to give the Edinburgh snake a good slap, and that nutter in Northern Ireland and his reunited Ireland comments also deserves a good slap, they are like stupid kids.

Comment

Yes mrsd, it's happened, get on with it and all pull together to make the decision work for the benefit of Britain.

Comment

what chance have labour voters got when the millionairess Emily Thornbury says white van man flying St Georges flag is a bigot.
                        Agree Mrs D let's get on deal with it .I am stunned actually at all this backlash.I am saddened that Scotland may have another vote, hope not it sounds as if it was very stressful Mrs D.
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Does it mean that if we get a Gov we don't like we can sign a petition and get to have another election ?

Comment

the problem with Sturgon is that she has not explained how they could finance themselves to be independant of the UK ie, there own economy to enter the EU, they would have to survive within there own economic limits and give to the EU, we all voted as the UK not parts of it so if she doesn't like it she can take a hike.
                            but Spain has already said it would veto Scottsh membership or maybe not what can you believe at the moment ?

Comment

Spain doesn't like Scottish Independent talk because of the carry on in Catalonia, they want to be independent too and Spain is just ignoring them, last think Spain wants is a breakaway Scotland getting into the EU. The snake is shit stirring to big herself up, best just ignored

Comment

I think what scary about those in the 'Remain' camp complaining about the result is that they do not see the irony in their actions supporting one of the fundemental reasons there were to vote leave - that is the blatant disregard for the democratic process, ignoring the majority view and dismissing anyone who did not agree with metropolitan views as racists, bigots, knuckle draggers, unhuman etc etc.

We live in a democracy - and a democratic decision has been made. Even the BBC within hours of the vote being confirmed started to make statements that it was an 'advisory vote', and started making legal suggestions on why it may not be carried.

Its very telling to now see the true colour of those who only believe in the democratic process when it fits their personal views (Nicola Codfish, David Lemmy, Snakeoil salesman Cameron, Boy George, etc).

As for those poor students who are screaming 'not in my name', when you have students unions stifling debate, boycotting and preventing those whose views differ from theirs from attending discussions, the creation of 'safe spaces' (that is if you don't agree with my opinion I don't want to hear it), it makes you fear for the future as those kids are likely to become the future career politicians who reflect the attitude and arrogance of the ideals that have been rejected by a majority (no matter how slim that majority may be).
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                                X