GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

That's a very good point, Nanna. Perhaps he really wanted to leave - and he certainly is not statesmanlike!

The Labour Party seems in meltdown - we do live in interesting times! But at least people feel they have a say in what happens.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I remember when labour was for working people, then when the Cheshire cat otherwise as slimy Blair took over it all changed , they seem to want to be as elite as Tories.C Corbyn does look like the old school though.
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/mar..._campaign=1490

Comment

Orchestrated by no 10 , typical.
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

There were lies or bits of misinformation by both sides. Neither side was innocent and neither side fought a clean fight.

Comment

Peter Hitchens made some very good comments yesterday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-HITCHENS.html

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I see Georgie Porgie has finally come out of hiding.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                  I see Georgie Porgie has finally come out of hiding.
                  Been Orchestrating behind the scenes = cooking the books.

Comment

Sky News: David Lammy pontificating - "This country is not ruled by mob." Arrogant so and so!

He thinks major issues should be decided by two-thirds majority. How would that work for general elections? Too busy jumping up and down and raging to think through what he is saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                      Sky News: David Lammy pontificating - "This country is not ruled by mob." Arrogant so and so!

He thinks major issues should be decided by two-thirds majority. How would that work for general elections? Too busy jumping up and down and raging to think through what he is saying.
                      What a condescending prig!
                      They all thought it was a rubber stamp job! We expect you to agree with Us but just to keep the natives happy! You have two choices Leave, Remain.
                      Well the answer from the UK to its Government was YOU LEAVE, WE'LL REMAIN!!!
                      David Lammy is calling 52% of UK a mob .
                      If you look only at the English VOTE it was more like 54% to 46%!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        What a condescending prig!
                        They all thought it was a rubber stamp job! We expect you to agree with Us but just to keep the natives happy! You have two choices Leave, Remain.
                        Well the answer from the UK to its Government was YOU LEAVE, WE'LL REMAIN!!!
                        David Lammy is calling 52% of UK a mob .
                        If you look only at the English VOTE it was more like 54% to 46%!
                        He's in the Commons now advocating a second referendum on whatever deal is negotiated with regard to Exit, before it is ratified. This seems at odds with his earlier rant on BBC that Parliament should make the decisions. This is presumably because he has now been told several times in this session that the result must be respected and accepted.

Comment

Well, the whole thing has descended into a shambles! Not sure what Boris is planning - I am wondering if he really didn't expect to win and now doesn't have a clue what to do! Not sure about Georgie Porgie, either - think he has ambitions himself (but haven't they all??)

And as for asking for a second referendum! I am NOT following the stupid football (apologies to those of you who are) but, when England get to the bit where they lose (and they always lose eventually!) can they ask for a replay???

#justasking

Comment

Boris is a back bencher so he can't talk up Government Policy until there is a new Prime Minister and government.
                            That's the problem that wasn't thought through. What if the Vote was Leave? Because the Official (in all but name ) Policy was remain! Ironically that was Labours Policy.
                            So they have left the Country rudder less when strong leadership is required. the best the Conservatives can come up with is September (that's what 3 months?)

Europe is blowing trumpets and raspberry's and demanding Britain starts NOW. None of this is possible until what October at the earliest?

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                              There were lies or bits of misinformation by both sides. Neither side was innocent and neither side fought a clean fight.
                              That was the key issue with this whole referendum. It's all well and good to vote either way but you need to know what you are voting for. Since Cameron proposed the referendum, he should also have had a strategy to implement. Otherwise why open a can of worms if he's then going to jump ship and leave others to deal with the worms?

People expected all sorts of things as a result of a "leave" vote, not least the money to go to the NHS but that was just one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BuzzyBee View Post

People expected all sorts of things as a result of a "leave" vote, not least the money to go to the NHS but that was just one of them.
                                People expected ? ....I don't think anyone with an iota of intelligence expect any immediate change within days or even months of the referendum result.

The best thing that could happen would be if the media stops trying to sensationalise the whole Brexit process and let the government get on with its proposals for our eventual exit. Cameron is going but until then he still as a duty to act on the result and appoint the nessessary posts of those who will negotiate and implement the exit.

Yes the financial markets are volatile right now, but it's only going to be short term, we need to stay steadfast and not be panicking.

i do quite a bit of business within the EU, I'm only a bit player, maybe £100k per year, I don't expect my customers to stop dealing with my company because I voted for leave, in fact some I had conversations with before the referendum said they wished their governments had the balls to call one !

Many companies are are far from doing okay within Europe, I was dealing with a very large operation, they have owed us £30k for two years, they hit bad times and couldn't honour the contract we had with them. They promised to pay when things improved fotumately it looks like my faith in them was justified, we are actually getting paid on the 29th of this month !

Comment

Working...
                                X