GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

MrsD Our lot all voted leave on the guidance of youngest son who is on a 6 month internship with the EU. He said it needs reforming and by voting out we may help this to take place!l

SnV I agree by being totally inclusive the curriculum writers are trying to eliminate pride in Britain and its achievements and free thinking. Parents are too scared or liberal to set boundaries and acceptable behaviour leading to an I want and me culture.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I was reading (I think on MSN) that a lot of young people who voted remanin hate their parents for voting to leave and that they now see them in a different light. The same article said that the parents are feeling guilty because of the "stress" their leave vote have caused their children and some wish they'd voted differently. FFS! These 'children' are adults but are part of the generation where the parents are afraid of saying no to them. They need to get over themselves and accept the decision of the majority and work towards making our country great again.

I have four children ranging in age from 36 to 24; #1 and #3 voted to stay, #2 and #4 voted to leave. Has it caused any problems in our relationships? No it hasn't which I reckon means I've done a pretty good job of bringing them up, most of it as a single parent.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

both of mine are in their thirties, we didn't fall out, we just have different views, took the wind out their sails when I said I had done it for them, sent them off for a think.

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
          I think the article concurs with the what I've read in a few articles, many of the remain camp voted that way not because they are Pro EU, they are simply afraid of the unknown, whereas we in the leave camp, although afraid to some extent we believe it is the right thing for the good of the U.K.'s future.

Ive just been watching the evening news here in the US, protests in London many are young students ...is this what our university's are turning out now ? Do they have any idea of the real world ?
          That's just it - they don't have the life-experience or historical perspective of the older generations, which they seem to think counts for nothing. As to giving the vote to 16 & 17 year-olds, I shudder to think if they held the balance in electing a government or deciding referenda.
          Last edited by Still Waving; 1 July 2016, 14:15. Reason: typo.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
            And David Lammy IS right - we are NOT ruled by the mob - that is the minority (however large it is) from the referendum and those going around thinking they can intimidate and bully others exercising their democratic right (though I don't think thats what he meant!)
            You're right - he meant not ruled by a mob of 17 million voters.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
              You're right - he meant not ruled by a mob of 17 million voters.
              The funny thing he doesn't see himself as part of that 'mob', which he is, of course, part of stomping his feet over a result that didn't go the way he wanted. If Tottenham constituents have any sense they will vote him out of offer for his blatant disregard of the democratic process - a process to which he signs up to, and promises to uphold as an MP.
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Grammer school exams ,then Uni x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

What's wrong with students today?

Here's your answer
                  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490

Comment

Honestly I am stunned at the shenanigans really I am. No one bothered to put a leave plan in place ,cocky self centred elite .Bulliying people because they didn't vote stay , it's playground .Now Gove , mind it could have been pre planned so Boris can take over in a few years time .

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                      Honestly I am stunned at the shenanigans really I am. No one bothered to put a leave plan in place ,cocky self centred elite .Bulliying people because they didn't vote stay , it's playground .Now Gove , mind it could have been pre planned so Boris can take over in a few years time .
                      This article suggests why Leave side didn't articulate a specific exit plan during the campaign, and also why the government didn't have one either. (You can safely skip the first 2 paragraphs.)
                      http://reaction.life/no-plan-brexit-case-compromise/

Comment

I/we would have voted leave anyhow even without a campaign.Off to read .x

Actually I think it's not up to Gove or Johnson the government SHOULD have a plan ,instead they tried to scupper it all .

Arrogant enough to think it would never happen.
                        Last edited by nanna58; 1 July 2016, 19:35.

Comment

Have you seen the remainers marching in London ? Convinced they are going to get another vote and then they will win !!!!

I would do my utmost to convince the leavers to never ever vote in an election again.

UK trads was up in June for the first time in 5yrs.

Comment

I haven't heard any cogent argument from any of them as to just why they want to stay in the EU - apart from they're worried they won't be able to travel there (have a gap year swanning around Europe, perhaps).

Comment

well time/events in the next decade will be the answer when / if anybody looks back, what it was and what it is now!

Comment

I've been watching the news with interest, even some of the US guys I work with here have been amazed at the protests and intimidation by the remain voters.

What happened to democracy ? We had a referendum the majority voted to leave the EU....end of ....now the government must stand by that decision or we don't live in a democratic society and are no better than a country who allow some of their citizens to bully others with intimidation and threats, I'm not going to name countries or I'll be accused of racism.....

Im ashamed many of the citizens of our country are behaving in this way....

Comment

Working...
                                X