GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...feating-brexit

Comment

FTSE 100 closes above pre-Brexit level

more --> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36660133

whats all the fuss about ??
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

no idea, lot of people running around with their heads up their bums, never a good look, you bump into things!

Comment

Just heard Tom Watson speaking on the News Channel and thought he spoke very well.

I didn't like him much before - thought he looked like Toad of Toad Hall - but he is much more sensible than I previously thought!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            FTSE 100 closes above pre-Brexit level

more --> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36660133

whats all the fuss about ??

This is also being reflected in foreign Markets.Yet there were still (Labour) MP's standing up in the Commons this afternoon spouting about how the markets were crashing and the pound is crashing ....

Comment

I had a death threat on facebook because i voted to leave, i reported it to facebook who told me to deactivate my account until they investigate . Received an email this morning to say they are looking into and that i can reactivate my account .

This is hate crime and i think i will let the prime minister know as it isn't just towards immigrants or colour is it . And as the prime minister announced yesterday in question time that is setting up a hate crime fund , well maybe i need to be contacting it .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                I had a death threat on facebook because i voted to leave, i reported it to facebook who told me to deactivate my account until they investigate . Received an email this morning to say they are looking into and that i can reactivate my account .

This is hate crime and i think i will let the prime minister know as it isn't just towards immigrants or colour is it . And as the prime minister announced yesterday in question time that is setting up a hate crime fund , well maybe i need to be contacting it .
                There is a lot of hate out there on the Remain side. I was reading a comments thread on one of the newspaper sites and one bitter woman posted an absolute tirade against Brexit. I don't recall it word for word, but it was something to the effect of - I hate this result, I hate the people who voted Leave, I hate this, I hate that, and I hate the Union flag, I never want to see it again.

It was a very distasteful post all in all.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                  There is a lot of hate out there on the Remain side. I was reading a comments thread on one of the newspaper sites and one bitter woman posted an absolute tirade against Brexit. I don't recall it word for word, but it was something to the effect of - I hate this result, I hate the people who voted Leave, I hate this, I hate that, and I hate the Union flag, I never want to see it again.

It was a very distasteful post all in all.

I have seen similar that , remainers calling the people of North too thick to vote and we shouldn't have a vote . I won't do anything about the death threat because at the end of the day its just a threat and means nothing in reality its just someone who voted remain who is very very angry and i can understand the reaction but i think death threats are out of order . Facebook are on to it now and i know they will act accordingly .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                    I have seen similar that , remainers calling the people of North too thick to vote and we shouldn't have a vote . I won't do anything about the death threat because at the end of the day its just a threat and means nothing in reality its just someone who voted remain who is very very angry and i can understand the reaction but i think death threats are out of order . Facebook are on to it now and i know they will act accordingly .

This is an interesting article -
                    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...erendum-result

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                      Oh my goodness panic attacks and anxiety lack of sleep i have the lot lol and that's nothing to do with the referendum just my illness .

I think these people need to accept the result and get back into everyday routine , how sad is that .

Comment

S2M that's vile I have noticed on TV how nasty the remainers can be . You're better than that by a mile xxx
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I think the article concurs with the what I've read in a few articles, many of the remain camp voted that way not because they are Pro EU, they are simply afraid of the unknown, whereas we in the leave camp, although afraid to some extent we believe it is the right thing for the good of the U.K.'s future.

Ive just been watching the evening news here in the US, protests in London many are young students ...is this what our university's are turning out now ? Do they have any idea of the real world ?

Comment

To answer your question, students have changed. They are cosseted and spoilt; freedom of speech is not allowed and if they don't like what you say you are banned. Since when have the young had such knowledge that they can dictate to the country. Their aegist arguments are disgusting; what percentage of students didn't vote because they forgot or because mummy and daddy hadn't told them how to register. If such a low percentage of younger people voted how can they be relied on to chose the correct path for themselves let alone our country.

Fear of the unknown is dictating so much reaction that people have forgotten that we used to be called Great Britain, it's scary and it is not a statement that we want to be divorced from Europe but that we want to have an open marriage with some national identity.

People forget that our history differs from mainland Europe because we haven't been parts of differing empires - Hapsburg, napoleon, Holy Roman Empire, to mention just a few. We have not had to link up through conquest with our neighbours, we have had a body of water that has helped maintain our independence and national identity.

Comment

well said Cym

the young know nought, they don't even know that they don't know!

they need to be guided, having dreams is great but once you get on a bit, you realise that you were a bit dopey when you were young

all of our young people in the family voted to remain, all of us oldies voted go, apart from one very elderly Auntie who was told that she wouldn't be able to go on her annual 2 months in Spain if we left the EU

the reasons they gave for voting remain were mainly centred around work, they work in a variety of professions and all wanted to keep the options open (many in case Scotland left the Union). They don't really get sovereignty because they've been brought up in the EU and it's difficulty for them to grasp, and they believed a lot of the scary stories about our finances in the UK

Comment

Students have changed - but they are also a 'product' of the 'system' and to no small degree brainwashed.

If you look at the curriculum now that is being taught in schools British history has all but been airwashed from the textbooks. Most young people have no understanding of, or cannot identify with being 'British' or what that means. They have never had those ideas challenged, or debated them, so are not exposed to different points of view.

Like little toddlers used to getting their own way but are being pulled up, they are having tantrums and throwing their toys out the pram.

And David Lammy IS right - we are NOT ruled by the mob - that is the minority (however large it is) from the referendum and those going around thinking they can intimidate and bully others exercising their democratic right (though I don't think thats what he meant!)

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I find it ironic that for all the 'anti-establishment' sentiments that are being displayed, they cannot seem to understand that they are supporting a dystopian organization and culture, that fortunately those of us who are older and a little wiser, and still recall the lessons from history, may have just taken us away from the brink of.

There may be political earthquakes from this, and likely be even several years of uncertainty and change, but to ignore a democratic decision shown by the electorate, and try (by legal or other means) to thwart that decision, would be even more devisive and cause REAL civil unrest.

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                                To answer your question, students have changed. They are cosseted and spoilt; freedom of speech is not allowed and if they don't like what you say you are banned. Since when have the young had such knowledge that they can dictate to the country. Their aegist arguments are disgusting; what percentage of students didn't vote because they forgot or because mummy and daddy hadn't told them how to register. If such a low percentage of younger people voted how can they be relied on to chose the correct path for themselves let alone our country.

Fear of the unknown is dictating so much reaction that people have forgotten that we used to be called Great Britain, it's scary and it is not a statement that we want to be divorced from Europe but that we want to have an open marriage with some national identity.

People forget that our history differs from mainland Europe because we haven't been parts of differing empires - Hapsburg, napoleon, Holy Roman Empire, to mention just a few. We have not had to link up through conquest with our neighbours, we have had a body of water that has helped maintain our independence and national identity.
                                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                                X