GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-35677385

UK EU exit would be global economy 'shock' - G20 leaders

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

he repeated himself twice what a load of tosh and scare tactics

Comment

The G20 leaders?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96k_...layer_embedded
        Putin recently released a list of 40 countries financing ISIS including G20 members!
        G20? "..The Group of Twenty (also known as the G-20 or G20) is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 20 major economies. The members include 19 individual countries—Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States—along with the European Union (EU). The EU is represented by the European Commission and by the European Central Bank .."

Comment

Roger nothing surprises me anymore .650 seats in parliament 25 turned up to discuss brexit. Not surprised by that either.
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
            I think he was cautioned for innapropriate behaviour ,parents really annoyed , its on the. BBC news text .x
            It was being discussed on LBC today, was a bit more to it than innapropriate behavour.

So the school has a anti terrorism policy, the kid was caught by the teacher, looking at the UKIP website, and watching an EDL video on youtube. The teacher told him to turn the computer off, and as by their policy, rang the police for advice. At that stage the police had to take it further as apparently they are not allowed to ignore anything in regards to terrorism.

The thing that reall pisses me off, is who allowed viewing a ukip website to be part of their anti terrorism policies, and why the hell did the teacher feel the need to ring the police? how do we know, the kid didnt look at the website, watch the video and think, what a load of shit, and later on in life decide to vote labour? UKIP had 4 million votes last election, they are not some fringe party, therefore one can only assume that this is a blatant act of destroying freedom and democracy.

Infact LBC had a few calls from other parents across country whos kids have had the exact same thing happen to them. Utter bollox!

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
              Roger nothing surprises me anymore .650 seats in parliament 25 turned up to discuss brexit. Not surprised by that either.
              Hi nanna
              My thoughts are this isn't about an Exit. Cameron's tweaks are insignificant.
              A Yes vote is about membership of The United States of Europe. Parliament becoming the English Assembly! In other words Our agreement to a European take over.
              It seems to me that everything we know.Education, Laws, Policing, Borders Government, Banking is about to change and the Yes vote will be taken as the agreement for Change!
              Cameron is avoiding these questions about Our Future.

Comment

Could be right Roger because today I was hearing about how if we vote out its likely the eu will conceded to a lot of demands to try and keep us in. In other words it's not an in or out. It's a out unless you change some rules and maybe we'll come back. I guess it smells a bit like the Irish vote. Don't get the answer you want make them take it again until you do.

Comment

Certainly sounds that way SX .I've read up on UKIP and other parties online , purely to try to find out who I think is best for me , does that mean I am interested in terrorism ? absolutely no way . Thing is as i see it folk are so scared of doing the wrong thing. Utter carp x

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                    Could be right Roger because today I was hearing about how if we vote out its likely the eu will conceded to a lot of demands to try and keep us in. In other words it's not an in or out. It's a out unless you change some rules and maybe we'll come back. I guess it smells a bit like the Irish vote. Don't get the answer you want make them take it again until you do.
                    Yes also the SNP we will make Scotland take again until you do!

Comment

Been listening to IDS on the Marr show , actually spoke sense ..... well in my world anyway .

Comment

Well I've hard it all now , EU says can't have lollypop lady, bar maid ,or fireman etc reason gender equality .My mind is made up .

Comment

Want to get rid of classic car shows because of emissions also.

So, the latest I heard today is, the EU want to reduce the power of toasters and kettles. They say its to help with the amount of energy being used. What a load of utter bollox once again.

Lets go back to college physics for a moment. Anyone who knows anything about energy will know, you never get more out than you put in. So if your toaster takes 2 minutes to toast bread now, and takes 5 minutes in the future, you use the same amount of energy (electric) just takes longer.

So whats the real truth behind there plan? simple, they wish to reduce the burden on energy companies. Most energy companies will tell you that during tv advert breaks, they will see a spike in electric being used, mainly to heat up kettles as an example. With the idea of reducing the amount of energy, or rather, increasing the length of time to heat up water, the drain on the energy company is flattened out.

Now im not saying for one moment we shouldn't be doing something to reduce the strain on energy companies, in order for us to continue to light up our homes, however what really annoys me, is the EU do not give us the real truth about it, either they don't have a clue themselves, or they don't wish to explain it properly, either way, its one example of how the EU try to impose rules on us, without any explanation, or real explanation anyway.

Comment

It started by banning nursery rhyme s , next it'll be Blue birds over the grassy hills of Dover.. Project fear is well and truly under way.
                            Last edited by nanna58; 29 February 2016, 09:28.

Comment

The way I’m beginning to see it after years of being a Conservative I’m not sure I want to be anymore, but heaven forbid, I also don’t want to be a Labourite, we now need a pragmatist. One who sees a problem and understands it must be fixed. He doesn’t see the problem as a conservative or labour/ Liberal problem, he sees it only as a problem. That is a quality that should be leading this country onward, inside or outside the EU

Viewing problems from any main political perspective has resulted in the creation of more problems, entitlement programmes (refugee/immigrant benefits to mention just one) more victims, more government, more political correctness, and more attacks on the working and middle classes at all economic levels.

Viewing things according to the so-called conservative or labour perspective has brought continued spending, globalism to the detriment of United Kingdom’s interests and well-being, denial of what the real problems are, weak, ineffective, leadership that amounts to a once proud country now afraid of its own shadow.

Immigration isn’t a Conservative problem – it isn’t a Labour problem – it is a problem that threatens the very fabric and infrastructure of our Country. It demands a pragmatic approach not an approach that is intended to appease one group or another.

The impending collapse of the economy isn’t a Conservative or Labour problem it is a UK problem. That said, until it is viewed as a problem that demands a common sense approach to resolution, it will never be fixed because the politicians of all parties know only one way to fix things and the longevity of their impracticality has proven to have no lasting effect. Successful businessmen like Richard Branson find ways to make things work, they do not promise to accommodate.

Successful businessmen like Branson who have weathered the changing tides of economic reality understand what is necessary to make business work and they, unlike all sides of the political specrum, know that if something doesn’t work you don’t continue trying to make it work hoping that at some point it will.

I would argue that the UK needs pragmatists because pragmatists see a problem and find ways to fix it They do not see a problem and compound it by creating more problems.

Listening to our political leaders is like listening to lunatics trying to “out crazy” one another.

We have had Conservative & Labour ideologues for years and years and what has it brought us? Are we better off today or worse off? Has it happened overnight or has it been a steady decline brought on by both of our main political parties?

A pragmatist might be just what the United Kingdom needs right now. And as I said earlier, a pragmatist sees a problem and understands that the solution to fix same is not about a party, but a willingness and boldness to get it done. America has one called Donald Trump, and as crazy and bigoted as many believe he is, he’s a successful businessman, a pragmatist, he doesn’t wallpaper over a problem, he fixes it.

Have we got a “Donald Trump” here in any of the UK political parties slumbering and ready to wake up I wonder ?

As for the referendum I'm still very much still sitting on the in - out fence with a leg dangling in each camp....

Comment

Well said Allan , I also think to solve a proplem they complicate things instead of solving stuff using good old common sense, thus making more problems. xx

Comment

Working...
                                X