GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    You miss the point. Farmers are told how much they can grow or how many cows can produce milk and then the EU subsidies their losses. Without the EU they wouldn't need to subsidise they wouldn't be restricted by limits imposed. The EU sets out which countries do what and how much they can produce. That's why farmers have subsidies.
    no, you are missing the point - farmers have never ever got it better than now, crops are prone to weather conditions and prices depend on overall global market conditions - modern farming relies on having those uncertainties ironed out (and that is where EU policies come in) - better yet: maybe someone could go ahead and ask farmers what would they prefer? I suppose most of them would be pro EU regarding this particular subject

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      I think the big problem that grabs attention for these benefit payments is that it appears that say Dad is here working, Mum and kids are at home in Eastern Europe somewhere. I have no problem with Dad sending his wages home, fair enough
      I do have a problem with him collecting child benefit and working tax credits for children who have never been here and are still in his home country. surely as they are resident in Eastern Europe, child benefit arrangements in that country must be prevalent, can't get my head around why that would be something the UK would need to pay.

In the great scheme of things it's not a great deal of money, it ain't going to solve the deficit etc but it just seems to be an unfair system slanted towards EU migrants who were not born here, whose parents did not pay into the system and the actual worker hasn't been paying in that long and that benefit is not boosting the economy here, it's going outside the immediate economy.
      I get your point but the question remains: is it OK for Brits to collect Child Benefits for their kids who are abroad?

on the other point: I would get rid tax credits and most other benefits as well as most of them are just subsidies to businesses (some time ago I checked some numbers and in the scenario of 1 parent working full time and 1 full time mum/dad with 2 kids at school, it didn't matter if the working parent was on £7 p/h or £10 p/h or £12 p/h - bottom line was the same as the difference was topped up by benefits system, ultimately by taxpayer - no incentives to better yourself, really stupid situation IMHO)

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
        Here --->http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35658731

Net migration at 323,000 prompts EU referendum row
        I came across this earlier...

From October 2016 Turkey will be granted Visa Free Travel to the EU, meaning that Europe’s Borders will now end at Syria !
        So that’s 75 Million Muslim Turks which dwarfs the entire UK population will be able to come to Europe/Uk overnight no questions asked !

Is this why Cameron has rushed the date of June for a in- out referendum before the British public realise this “buried” subject
        I suspect this would strengthen the “Out” vote, not just for independence, mass immigration (Turkey/Syrian) but also our own security.

You would have expected this to be on every front page and news channels, but it’s not, Is the government suppressing this information ?

Comment

For the record: am neither against nor pro EU, but there is soooo much rubbish thrown by both sides which makes mi sick.
          I have actually studied the subject years ago (it doesn't make me an expert, obviously).

For instance, on the front of EU being undemocratic as some may say. Well, just think about it: there are MEPs elected by UK people, right? So EU Parliament is democratically elected, I presume?
          Now, EVERY member country nominate their Commissionaires. Right? But exactly who do this? Government. But who set up Government? Westminster Parliament. But then who elects MPs sitting there? WE ALL DO, right? So our representatives in EU are nominated ultimately by us indirectly through elections -> MPs -> Government -> EU representatives.
          Would people then expect to vote for EU ministers directly whilst not having those expectations regarding UK Gov ministers?

Comment

Fancy saying the government are covering up Allan the very idea !!!!!
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
              I came across this earlier...

From October 2016 Turkey will be granted Visa Free Travel to the EU, meaning that Europe’s Borders will now end at Syria !
              So that’s 75 Million Muslim Turks which dwarfs the entire UK population will be able to come to Europe/Uk overnight no questions asked !

Is this why Cameron has rushed the date of June for a in- out referendum before the British public realise this “buried” subject
              I suspect this would strengthen the “Out” vote, not just for independence, mass immigration (Turkey/Syrian) but also our own security.

You would have expected this to be on every front page and news channels, but it’s not, Is the government suppressing this information ?
              special arrangement between UK and Turkey has been in place for many many years - for instance any Turk can come over here, doesn't have the work permit but can become self-employed without capital requirements - now suddenly Turkey is a big deal because the border with Syria?

Comment

Surely this is w hat Farage has been saying but all the powers that be do is shout him down .

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As stated above. Parliament (and all the parties are complicit in this) have been permitting the erosion of rights to Euro. Yes there are MEP but up until now these have been off the public radar.
                  Cameron's vote? A Yes means a mandate for actually reducing role for Parliament because it would mean that presumably Europe could over ride Parliament!
                  The popular view of Elections stops at the moment with Parliament BUT a referendum NOW is a Green Light for a Euro above Parliament AND not subject to the Crown.

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post
                    no, you are missing the point - farmers have never ever got it better than now, crops are prone to weather conditions and prices depend on overall global market conditions - modern farming relies on having those uncertainties ironed out (and that is where EU policies come in) - better yet: maybe someone could go ahead and ask farmers what would they prefer? I suppose most of them would be pro EU regarding this particular subject
                    I'd like a definitive answer also becausey view differs to yours. One example would be fishing rights and how fisherman are restricted by how much fish they can catch. They don't care to a point about weather. Only thing stopping them is the EU

Comment

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

One of our local MPs has held a referendum here ,78% want out .

Comment

My local MP is voting to stay in apparently.

Comment

This is the thing I could rant on about, just read a school boy was looking at UKIP and EDL at school on computer , police were called .

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                            This is the thing I could rant on about, just read a school boy was looking at UKIP and EDL at school on computer , police were called .

how stupid , what was the outcome ?

Comment

I think he was cautioned for innapropriate behaviour ,parents really annoyed , its on the. BBC news text .x

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                                I think he was cautioned for innapropriate behaviour ,parents really annoyed , its on the. BBC news text .x

scared Tories or what eh

Comment

Working...
                                X