GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Anyone else watched Brexit the movie? a bit long but with some interesting points

It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, NW. I saw a news clip which panned over Churchill's statue in Westminster.

Think I am with you Alland - lets get that coin out! And I know of the philosophical statement (think it was Kierkegaard?) - "life can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards".

Anyone mentioned William the Conqueror yet? I know I sound flippant but really all this rubbish being bandied about ....
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

And on a slightly different, but still historical theme, someone on the news attributed Leicester's success at football to the fact that Richard III's remains were found there! Do they not realise that he was from the north, and only went to Leicester(shire) to fight that battle in which he was killed! Give me strength!

Think I must stop watching the news. I am becoming a grumpy old woman - or perhaps that should be an "even more" grumpy old woman ....

Comment

Catching me up Phee,catching me up x
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            And on a slightly different, but still historical theme, someone on the news attributed Leicester's success at football to the fact that Richard III's remains were found there! Do they not realise that he was from the north, and only went to Leicester(shire) to fight that battle in which he was killed! Give me strength!

Think I must stop watching the news. I am becoming a grumpy old woman - or perhaps that should be an "even more" grumpy old woman ....
            me too, the Richard III thing is beyond me, I think he would much preferred to be lying quietly at Middleham......................I can categorically confirm he wasn't a Leicester supporter, in fact probably not even a football supporter.................................

Comment

Poor thing in a piggin carpark !!!!

Comment

Haven't summed up enough courage to watch the stupid faces on the news yet! Except, I heard on the radio this morning and Farage is asking for ANOTHER vote if this is a close-run thing (for the other side, of course) Another bout of this??? Give.me.strength.

Comment

To be fair if we vote out you can bet your life there would be another vote. It happend to Ireland. Keep voting till you get the answer you want.

Comment

I think if we vote out there wil be another vote to review the improved terms that we are offered. If we vote in there will be another vote after they try to screw us when the next treaty is drawn up.

As for Churchill, the argument that I heard was that after fighting and defeating the Germans in battle he certainly wouldn't cede power to them politically!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                      To be fair if we vote out you can bet your life there would be another vote. It happend to Ireland. Keep voting till you get the answer you want.
                      Which is wrong and makes it a waste of time voting for anything . I will be devastated if we have to stay in I hate the Eu and all it stands for , and now London have a moslem mayor the next thing will be a moslem prime minister and then i will be out of the country and i know others who feel the same .

Comment

I read in the paper last week ,getting off tube in the east end is like being ring in Baghdad.I agree S2M the BBC says they are too Christian and should have a Muslim call to prayer , it breaks my heart for this once great country.I/we are deffo out ,let's keep the money to spend on our needs .

Comment

Apparently we paid 674m to our expats health care last year and got 49m back.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                            I read in the paper last week ,getting off tube in the east end is like being ring in Baghdad.I agree S2M the BBC says they are too Christian and should have a Muslim call to prayer , it breaks my heart for this once great country.I/we are deffo out ,let's keep the money to spend on our needs .

It is very sad , i just feel Cameron will fix it and then we are doomed .

Comment

Personally I believe as a nation we will show our usual lazy attitude when it comes to most things "politics" and think.. "Well either way it won't make any difference to me" so I'll not get off my ass and go and vote. I hope I'm wrong because this is probably the most important vote regarding the future of the UK we have had for many a year...

I'm finally off the fence in deciding which way to go, for me I'm now firmly in the "Leave" camp, even if it means a period of uncertainty and tough economic times for a while.
                              End of the day it's not about us older citizens it's about the future of our children and grandchildren, I want mine to be British not "European"...

Comment

Well said Allan , if you get the chance to watch Jeremy Paxman EU who really rules us , then do I've never seen such a debacle .
                                BTW watch out your kitchen blow torch is toooooooo powerful .

Micheal Gove says we are committed to letting 5 countries join , we could have enough migrants to fill 4 Birminghams.

Comment

Working...
                                X