GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EU referendum: Cameron announces date of vote

There's a Frenchman on Andrew Marr , scared he'll lose his money (seems to me )
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Brilliant Mike'y xxxxx

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Commonwealth countries have new markets from the 70s, as found in the Far East, a lot of commonwealth countries call us Little Britain (Has Been), as they did not bother about our trade when they joined Europe, all this myth talking is old and out of date - we moved with the times then & have to know, even the USA markets are EU based.

Comment

Agreed, we abandoned our commonwealth but there's still trade to be had. The UK won't be isolated, we'll be able to choose our own partners, make our own laws and have more control over our destiny. I saw a documentarry the other night, we were basically mislead and conned into the common market. I think there's a second part coming soon. Following a trend for the sake of it and becoming locked in to their political ideology isn't what we originally voted 'in' for. I doubt that back in the 70'ies we'd have voted 'yes' if we'd had half an inckling of where we'd find ourselves now.

Comment

Agreed, plus 350m per week xtra to spend on our services.

Comment

Originally posted by mike'y View Post
              Agreed, we abandoned our commonwealth but there's still trade to be had. The UK won't be isolated, we'll be able to choose our own partners, make our own laws and have more control over our destiny. I saw a documentarry the other night, we were basically mislead and conned into the common market. I think there's a second part coming soon. Following a trend for the sake of it and becoming locked in to their political ideology isn't what we originally voted 'in' for. I doubt that back in the 70'ies we'd have voted 'yes' if we'd had half an inckling of where we'd find ourselves now.
              I voted in in the 70s, but for totally different reasons and conditions that are about now. I don t follow politics, I find them boring and don t see what I can do to alter things. I do feel this is an important time and so I m following the discussions and arguments. 40 years on I don t see that we have gained much for being a member. I do feel that Britain had better times back then generally. I cannot see any convincing argument for staying in , what does worry me is that those in charge will take any notice of what we vote if it does nt suit them. That this referendum is just a token gesture,
              If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

I agree Sues , but the stay in brigade are spouting poppycock , makes me wonder if they are worried about their own pockets.x and yes we voted for the common market not this rabble. Where is Cameron's "we will negotiate " now he wants to stay 2 faces or what ?

Comment

I am following this debate with great interest and am very impressed by the depth of the arguments.

Personally, I am still very undecided - I also voted in the 70s (to stay in) but I am really not sure this time.

However, I certainly DO NOT agree with the way this government has used taxpayers' money (i.e. yours and mine) to produce and circulate this wordy leaflet trying to convince people to vote to stay. I am tempted to vote to leave if it means we can see the back of Cameron - I am fed up with his podgy, smug little face. And, I do agree, Nanna - it is absolutely nothing to do with Obama!

And don't get me started on Old Ma Thatcher .....

Comment

The IMF are currently warning about the state of Banks in Europe and the Italian Banks are currently in crisis. There is only one certainity which is that the Vote is about a Europe that will be very different from it is now.
                    Nobody is giving the picture of what these changes will be but one is that Banks will be able to cover their losses by taking money from their customers current accounts (this has already happened in Cyprus!). The Britain of the 70's is long gone and changed beyond all recognition. In other words it is a vote not for Cameron (he has already said that he won't be standing again at the next general election as PM ) it is a vote for whomever that future PM and party will be and or what this Future and changed Europe will be!
                    Lots of rhetoric but nothing if any substance!

Comment

Suzie, it's defo not a token gesture. This is a once in a life time deal. If we vote IN then this Britain will never be able to wind back the clock and 'leave', returning to as we are now. We will become totally joined at the hip to a changing europe and it's unelectatable MP's. We know nothing about the future there but it's rubbish for us at the moment and getting worse imo.

If we leave, the power's in our hands and that'e where I want it

The twaddle from the IMF is biased anyway. They want us in because if we leave they'll be in a mess. An even greater mess then now. The IN people keep sending out doom and gloom warnings but it's all speculation and scare mongering. There's no truth in it. Their panicking!

Comment

They are indeed Mike'y , Christine Lagard doesn't pay tax, Mark Carney backtracked on himself on TV yesterday but I don't know what he said.BBC and its lovvies are worried IMO. Phee I get the impression it's all about how much goes into whomever pockets.But for me just more basic I hate these silly PC rules daft health and safety rules, I'm getting scared to open my mouth( no thats a lie)x

Comment

Nanna, I think hell would freeze over before you are too scared to open your mouth! And we would not wish it any other way ...

Comment

����xxx ugh ????

Comment

If we stay in we will have to accept 3m more migrants .

Comment

Have you seen this:

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1461057270

It's a transcript of Michael Go's speech which presumably has been on the news. I'm watching the news at 6 to see if it's on ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X