GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script hawkead's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hawkead's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawkead's UE diary

Hopefully having read some posts I will get this right.

I had a Morgan Stanley (then Barclaycard from Sept 2008) card for many years and then lost my job, I always kept Barclaycard informed and negotiated to pay £25 a month in December 2011 which I always paid. Then without warning I received a default notice and letter from DCA (not MKRR - still trying to find that paperwork!) in June 2012 - heard nothing until June of this year when I received another assignment letter from Barclaycard and MKDP

MKRR have phoned many times - all I have ever said is that I will only communicate in writing and put the phone down

MORGAN STANLEY/Barclaycard

Date commenced - June 2001

Approx balance - £12,100

Date last paid - October 2011 (last full payment)

arrangement or not paying - not paying

Status - default in June 2012

Account owner - MKDP LLP

HISTORY

JUNE 2012 - Assignment letter from Barclaycard transferring to Link Financial Outsourcing heard nothing subsequently

JUNE 2013 - Assignment letter from Barclaycard and MKDP and several follow up letters asking to make a payment
    JULY 2013 - CCA request letter sent
    AUGUST 2013 - Reply from MKDP "we are unable to resolve your query"
    9TH SEPTEMBER 2013 - Reply from MKDP "At this time, we must apologise, we are unable to resolve your query"

24TH SEPTEMBER 2014 - Reply from MKDP Letter containing "Reconstituted credit agreement"

Last edited by hawkhead; 24 September 2014, 22:07. Reason: Spelling

Re: hawkead's UE diary

Hi and welcome to AAD....

Have you ever sent a CCA request on this account ? -----> CCA Request
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

No - not yet!

The templates part of the site is amazing - someone put a lot of effort in there

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post

Originally posted by hawkhead View Post
        No - not yet!

The templates part of the site is amazing - someone put a lot of effort in there
        Well if it were me I'd be sending one......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Remember send to current owner MKDP, with a postal order (£1) and only print your name on the letter or use a digital signature.

regards
          G

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
            Remember send to current owner MKDP, with a postal order (£1) and only print your name on the letter or use a digital signature.

regards
            G
            Thanks - will do - have downloaded the template ready for trip to PO tomorrow

Comment

Please do.
              Your S78 request is the most important bit of paper you will ever send!

2003, most probably UE. I will warn you that Barclaycard will put up one hell of fight. Please just keep posting here and you will get through this.

Please read up on others posts.

Good luck.
              Enforcer

Comment

Well said Enforcer. We are four years in with Barclaycard (four accounts). They will pull every trick in the book BUT they do make mistakes (big ones) they DO fall foul of the law and remember as this progresses, Mercers ARE Barclaycard and the next lot of abusers Calder Financial are also Barclaycard. They will then send it out to a circus of toe rags, all of whom run a mile when faced with resistance of the kind you will have help with here. I have pretty much lost count but I think after Calders it was 16 DCAs and 3 nasty solicitors practices that went away with a tail between their legs. Armageddon on the Mr and Mrs Garlok household was threatened over and over again. Just keep a log of the phone calls as well, dates times etc., rough outline and eventually they go away and BC sell on for a pittance by way of assignment and we have had even Lowells back down at the first hurdle to date. So not to worry stick your ground and have a ruthless mind set that these people are just criminals out to part you from your money.

regards
                G

Comment

Agreed G

Comment

Thanks for all the help so far!

CCA request duly sent

The constant calls are a bit of a nuisance 6.45pm last night and again 8.45am this morning

Comment

Hello Hawkhead, You are keeping a telephone call log aren't you, date, time, brief outline. Don't ever discuss anything with them, just tell them in writing only and put the phone down but DO log the call so that you have a record. This may well pay a big dividend later if things get rough.

This becomes a sport in the end, and cleverer people than I wind them up every time.

regards
                      G

Comment

Originally posted by hawkhead View Post
                        Thanks for all the help so far!

CCA request duly sent

The constant calls are a bit of a nuisance 6.45pm last night and again 8.45am this morning
                        Sent for my MS cca in Oct 2010 replied in March 2011 no cca but please pay. Have not even had a reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                          Hello Hawkhead, You are keeping a telephone call log aren't you, date, time, brief outline. Don't ever discuss anything with them, just tell them in writing only and put the phone down but DO log the call so that you have a record. This may well pay a big dividend later if things get rough.

This becomes a sport in the end, and cleverer people than I wind them up every time.

regards
                          G
                          Thanks for that - yes I am keeping a record - along with a brief note of what I said: I will only communicate in writing - Goodbye

I've had a couple of those automated please ring us back ones as well

Comment

That's good HH. Also log the silent calls, all messages they leave on the answering service and those automated ring back things.

regards
                            G

Comment

An update

Have amended the OP with some better dates e.g. Date credit card started: June 2001

Have also received a letter from MKDP this morning (in response to CCA request) and I quote:

"Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to resolve your query. MKDP LLP take great careto ensure that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner and as such we will be conducting a thorough review which may include liaising with your original creditor.

Once we we have completed our review we will be in contact with you regarding the resolution to your query."

Comment

Working...
                              X