GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fred Bassett's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Bassett's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Bassett's UE Diary

Background:

Got into serious debt - using one credit card to pay off another etc. etc. Couldn't tell wife early enough (afraid I thought it would cause marriage break up). When I did eventually tell, because I had to, it was too late, I was in deep doo doo. I'd reached that tipping point where I was just paying off too much. This blew up in my face in about October 2005.

After I told my Wife, I got help from CCCS and went into a DMP with them, which I stayed with for about 18 months from about May 2006

I heard about the claiming back of bank charges so started researching this. As a result of this I joined another forum and then discovered the unenforceablity issues.

Ditched my DMP with the CCCS at the end of 2007 and did DIY DMP which excluded all of those creditors who could not provide me with an enforceable agreement, Halifax, Lloyds TSB & MBNA being among them.

All other creditors are either paid off or are being paid off.

On the 3 accounts listed below, I have a large volume of paperwork and having looked at the way these diaries have been laid out, It is going to take me some time to complete them, so I will just start with the basics as advised by Niddy.
    Last edited by Fred Bassett; 14 August 2012, 17:35.

Re: Fred's UE Diary

Halifax

Type of account: Credit Card

Date commenced: November 2001

Approx balance: £4,400

Date last paid: December 2007

Are you on arrangement or not paying: Not paying

Account owner: 1st Credit

2007: Sent CCA Request to Halifax.
    2007: Received copy "agreement" from Halifax.
    May 2008: Sent "Account in Dispute Letter to Halifax/Blair Oliver Scott"
    June 2008: Account passed to Moorcroft (Pre Pubescent Division).
    August 2008: Received letter from Halifax refuting that the account is in dispute. In this they enclosed some Ts & Cs I had not previously seen.
    September 2008: Defective Default Notice received from Halifax.
    September 2008: Moorcroft throw in the towel.
    November 2008: Account passed to Wescot.
    November 2008: Wescot throw in the towel.
    November 2008: Account passed to IQor.
    March 2009: Received letter from Halifax offering 40% discount.
    November 2008: Iqor throw in the towel.
    September 2009: Wescot have another go.
    September 2009: Wescot throw in the towel again.
    May 2010: Sent letter to Halifax (without prejudice) offering F&F for 5% of outstanding balance.
    May 2010: Received letter from Halifax declining my "complaint" and enclosing a copy of the default notice! and the "reconstituted" terms & conditions which are different from the ones they had previously sent in August 2008.
    May 2010: Letter sent to Halifax accepting their unlawful rescission of the contract and enquiring as two which of the 2 different sets of reconstituted Ts & Cs were the "true" copy.
    June 2010: Letter received from Halifax refuting that the DN was defective and asking me to forward a copy of the Ts & Cs for their perusal.
    June 2010: I did not reply to the last letter from Halifax but I still have the 2 different sets of Ts & Cs.
    August 2010: Account passed once more to IQor.
    October 2010: Threatogram received from Incasso on behalf of IQor.
    October 2010: Told Incasso to bugger off.
    October 2010: Haven't heard from Incasso or IQor since.
    13/08/2012: Received letters from Halifax and 1st Credit saying account has been assigned to 1st Credit.
    14/08/2012: Sent CCA to Niddy. Niddy, there was no PPI on this account.
    25/08/2012: Letter received from 1st Credit "considering bankruptcy proceedings"
    25/08/2012: CCA Request sent to 1st Credit.
    30/08/2012: Received SD threat from 1st Credit. This has crossed with my recorded-delivery CCA request on both Halifax and Lloyds accounts.
    01/09/2012: Received confirmation from 1st Credit of my CCA request. Oddly though, only referring to Halifax account - does not mention Lloyds. This puzzles me as all of their recent (in last 2 weeks) correspondence has done the same - only referencing Halifax Account, not Lloyds.
    25/01/2013: Received letter from 1st Credit enclosing copy of CCA - the one which I know is UE.
    25/03/2013: Received letter from Connaught Collections telling me I have 7 days to cough up or their client might issue legal procedings.
    19/06/2013: Received letter from 1st Credit satting that CAI Finance have assigned the account to them, which is odd because a while back I got one stating the opposite.
    20/06/2013: Received letter Received letter from Judge & Priestley Solicitors acting on behalf of 1st Credit, telling me to cough up or else.
    Last edited by Fred Bassett; 24 June 2013, 16:38.

Comment

Lloyds TSB

Date commenced: September 2001

Approx balance: £12,600

Account owner: 1st Credit

2006: Received Default Notice from LloydsTSB.
      2007: Sent CCA Request to Lloyds TSB.
      2007: Received copy "agreement" from Lloyds TSB.
      March 2008: Sent "Account in Dispute" letter.
      March 2008: Account passed to Credit Security.
      March 2008: Credit Security throw in the towel.
      July 2008: Account passed to Moorcroft.
      December 2009: 50% Settlement offer received from Moorcroft.
      Moorcroft must have thrown in the towel at some point but they didn't write to say so.
      May 2010: Sent letter to LloydsTSB(without prejudice) offering F&F for 5% of outstanding balance.
      May 2010: Received letter from Lloyds TSB declining my offer.
      13/08/2012: Received letters from Lloyds TSB and 1st Credit saying account has been assigned to 1st Credit.
      14/08/2012: Sent CCA to Niddy. Niddy, there was PPI on this account.
      25/08/2012: CCA Request sent to 1st Credit.
      09/02/2012: Letter received from 1st Credit with copy of "Agreement".
      25/03/2013: Received letter from Connaught Collections telling me I have 7 days to cough up or their client might issue legal procedings.
      19/06/2013: Received letter from 1st Credit satting that CAI Finance have assigned the account to them, which is odd because a while back I got one stating the opposite. This account is still not being reported to the credit reference agencies and I can't understand why. I wonder if they think it's statute barred.
      10/10/2013: Received a letter from Connaught Collections stating "that this account has been assigned back to the original creditor LLYDS TSB BANK PLC and Connaught Collections are no longer instructed to deal with this case."

Last edited by Fred Bassett; 10 October 2013, 20:24.

Comment

MBNA

Date commenced: February 1997

Approx balance: £11,100

Account owner: Arrow Global (Managed by Fredericksons)

2007: Sent CCA Request to MBNA.
        2007: Received copy "agreement" from MBNA.
        March 2008: Sent "Account in Dispute" letter.
        April 2008 (2007 on their letter): Received "Account not in Dispute" letter.
        April 2008 to October 2008: Various threatograms sent by MBNA and various "bugger off" letters sent by me.
        October 2008: Account passed to IQor
        May 2009: Account passed to Allied Credit International.
        July 2010: Account passed to Aegis. (nothing from AIC to say they were no longer dealing
        September 2010: Received letter from Aegis offering 60% discount on my account balance.
        August 2011: Account passed to Wescot.
        November 2011: Wescot throw in the towel.
        January 2012: Account assigned to Arrow Global.
        January 2012: Account passed to Moorcroft
        10/08/20122: LBA Received from Fredericksons.
        14/08/2012: Sent CCA to Niddy. Niddy, there was no PPI on this account.
        15/08/2012: Sent the template letter regarding the LBA to Fredericksons.
        17/08/2012: Received this from Bryan Carter: Not sure what to do next now.

21/08/2012: Received letter from Fredericksons informing me that they are no longer instructed to deal with account.
        18/09/2012: Received letter from Arrow Global stating they will be dealing with my CCA request (reluctantly).
        13/02/2013: Received letter from Arrow Global enclosing "agreement" and Ts & Cs.
        29/04/2013: Received letter Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited, who are not managing this account. They have emphasized that it "extremely important that we hear from you or your representative in the next seven days as we do not with to take any unnecessary further action".
        12/05/2013: Received letter Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited, headed "Possible further action". They may have no alternative other than to recommend to their client that they consider possible further debt recovery action against me".
        19/06/2013: Received letter Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited, stating "Further to your request for a copy of your credit agreement, we regret that our client is unable to produce a copy of your document and we therefore return the £1 payment you submitted with your original request, if applicable" They go on to state that I still owe the money and they want payment even though I am not obliged. I'm just going to ignore them from now on. They can continue to report the matter through the respective credit reference agencies but only for another 6 months as I understand it, after which it will be statute barred. Result.
        Last edited by Fred Bassett; 23 June 2013, 11:15.

Comment

Re: Fred Bassett's UE Diary

Changed the name of your thread fred!!
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Re: Fred Bassett's UE Diary

Originally posted by IF View Post
            Changed the name of your thread fred!!
            Cheers IF.

Comment

Working...
            X