GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script egg cc transfered to Barclaycard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

egg cc transfered to Barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egg cc transfered to Barclaycard

I've just had a letter and email , saying my two egg accountants have been sold to Barclaycard. Both of the accounts are in default and I used the unenforcability route with them nearly two years ago and havent heard anything in ages.

Do you think that now they have been transfered to BC it will start the whole chase process again, or do you think they will all have accounts like mine in a separate system.

Also as these accounts are in dispute can they be sold?

Re: egg cc transfered to Barclaycard

They can be sold, as they're selling their portfolio - not your debt. However don't worry barclays are worse than egg. Wait until it's all done then post back if you get any threats etc.....

If egg aint got the agreement then barclays won't have it will they?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

cool thanks for that.

They do actually have copies of the agreements, but when you looked at them ages ago, you thought they where iffy and nobody from egg has disagreed!!!!!

Comment

I also just received the notification from Egg that my account had been sold to Barclaycard,
        What has left me a little nervous, due to the fact it states that they "sold" the account on the 29th April, yet I agreed a much reduced F&F with Eggs DCA during May, and they state "Egg" will not seek to recover any further monies.

I hope I have not been duped and left myself open to now get demands from the new account owner, Barclaycard for the balance !

Comment

Allan

It's fine. Don't worry. Your deal was done and is legally complete.

Don't worry. You do not have an egg account anymore; it's been settled.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Allan

It's fine. Don't worry. Your deal was done and is legally complete.

Don't worry. You do not have an egg account anymore; it's been settled.
            I'm sure you are right Niddy mate, it's just being on this journey makes you contently look over your shoulder where DCA's / Banks are concerned !....

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
              I'm sure you are right Niddy mate, it's just being on this journey makes you contently look over your shoulder where DCA's / Banks are concerned !....
              Yea but you have written confirmation lol. They cannot use wording to deceive so it's lose/lose if they play silly buggers cos no court would judge in their favour if they used such tricks!

Comment

There's a lot of people worrying about this at the moment as they see Barclays taking over Egg. The way I'm looking at it is every time the debt changes hands, it's another opportunity for things to get lost. Can you imagine the sheer volume of agreements, microfiche etc... that are changing hands.

I'm quite happy for my Egg account to be passed on. They haven't pursued me in 4 1/2 years and I'm rather hoping another year and a half will pass before my account resurfaces. When / if it does I'll be sending Prove It, then CCA then SAR if necessary. Egg were never known for having rock solid agreements. Having Barclays take them over only serves to complicate things further which I think is good news for those of us who owe Egg money.

Comment

Lowells are pursuing me over an Egg account does this mean it's also sold to BC or will it stay with Lowells?

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                    Lowells are pursuing me over an Egg account does this mean it's also sold to BC or will it stay with Lowells?
                    It'll stay with Lowells, however it all depends on the actual assignment (i.e. was it partially assigned or fully assigned?)....

Don't worry too much about it

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      It'll stay with Lowells, however it all depends on the actual assignment (i.e. was it partially assigned or fully assigned?)....

Don't worry too much about it
                      I don't know...

I wont as I'm in your safe hands

Comment

You can usually tell from the wording in their letters. They usually refer to acting on behalf of their client if it is an equitable assignment. If absolute and they have the rights as well as the duties the NOA you received should make this clear. If you didn't receive one, then you've got some more ammunition.

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
                          You can usually tell from the wording in their letters. They usually refer to acting on behalf of their client if it is an equitable assignment. If absolute and they have the rights as well as the duties the NOA you received should make this clear. If you didn't receive one, then you've got some more ammunition.
                          Not many actually fully assign nowadays, maybe the DCA's won't take the risk due to the whole s.127 problem; so instead they only sign-up for partially assigned debts now

Comment

Working...
                          X