GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Spud v MKDP ( Barclaycard) - LBA Received - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spud v MKDP ( Barclaycard) - LBA Received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spud v MKDP ( Barclaycard) - LBA Received

I have a feeling I might need a bit of help from my beloved AAD family as it looks as though things are going to start to ramp up with one of the accounts MKDP own.

I came home today to a lovely letter from MKDP headed “ Notice of Intended Legal Action”- Basically it explains that they have instructed Keynes Collections and it is a formal Letter Before Action giving me 14 days from the date of the letter to pay up or legal action to recover the balance MAY be taken without further notice.

I will bring my Diary entry up to date and post it up on this thread but briefly:

Barclaycard Mastercard– Balance £8k – Stopped paying as U/E – About 4 years from SB date now

Sold to MKDP some time ago, I sent them a CCA which they could not respond to so the account was on hold for about a year.

About a month ago MKDPfinally came back with a set of illegible Terms and conditions ( Noagreement) which is obviously still U/E

I started sending them letters in reply to this telling them that they have not complied with my CCA request ect, I was just about to send the Illegible docs letter ect but they have dived straight in with the LBA.

So,

The plan of action.....

Sending off an advanced SAR request to Original Creditor tomorrow

Might send off another CCA request ( I need to double check dates as only around 1 month)

Niddy/Plan B (Especially Plan B while she has the fire in her tummy for all things MKDP ) - If it is in order with yourself I will send you over a copy of the CCA reply and LBA just to wet your appetite as Niddy never checked this one as it was clearly outrageously U/E

And I will start to put together the LBA reply for MKDP with the help of my AAD family

This one is totally U/E from what I have seen so far but as we know, That wont stop MKDP from issuing and using the courts as a threatening tool. I can feel another MKDP/AAD battle coming on

Spud
    Last edited by Spud; 4 June 2015, 20:56.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Spud v MKDP ( Barclaycard) - LBA Received

Wish you all the best. MKDP do not accept UE even when presented with the facts. Many of Barclaycards so called agreements are "crap". They won't listen. I am still fighting them!

Comment

You seem to have everything under control, but I have alerted the site team to keep an eye on your thread. Fingers crossed for you.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks all, I will keep you all posted on any developments

I will get my Diary pasted up later today

Comment

Hi Spud,
          We're keeping our eye on you!

I'm sure you already know, but just in case, the Formal LBA Response template is here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post485412

Elsa xx

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
            Hi Spud,
            We're keeping our eye on you!

I'm sure you already know, but just in case, the Formal LBA Response template is here: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post485412

Elsa xx
            Thanks Elsa x

Comment

chin up Spud, just get everything off right away, they can be stopped, you just have to keep on top of them, if there is an outstanding CCA from only a month ago, I would just remind them of that one, because if they are in default of that, they should not be issuing papers.

You don't have any admissions from Barclaycard that they can't find the paperwork have you? I have stopped these numpties with those kind of letters so well worth having a goo rummage through, sometimes the vital paragraph is hidden away at the end of a letter.

xx

Comment

Thanks Mrs D

MKDP have replied to my CCA after about a year but it was the usual Barclaycard crap response of a blank piece of paper with the "your rights" box printed on it - literally that is all it is, not even the application form..... ( Im guessing that will be the agreement then!!!) and some terms and conditions that you cannot even read ( Typical Barclaycard response)

MKDP have said that they have complied with my request in sending this drivel (As they always do) so in their eyes they are compliant !!!!

I will double check any letters though as you say for a cleverly worded or positioned paragraph - Thank you

Comment

Good luck Spud, yes I would get a sar sent off as you never know what's hidden that may help your case later on.

You can request another cca provided it's over a month since a last request was made.
                  (3)
                  Subsection (1) does not apply to—
                  (a)
                  an agreement under which no sum is, or will or may become, payable by the debtor, or
                  (b)
                  a request made less than one month after a previous request under that subsection relating to the same agreement was complied with.

Comment

Good luck Spud, you seem to be on top of this but MKDP are trigger happy x
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thanks Both

I have just checked the file, Im ok for time so MKDP can have another CCA request now that they are getting heavy

SRA done, CCA now and off to the Post Office in a few mins

Comment

All the luck Spud x
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

BarclaycardMastercard

Start: 2001
                          Balance:£8000
                          LastFull Payment:Nov 2011
                          Present:Not making Payments– last Feb 2013

Jan20th
                          Change of Circumstances letter sent
                          Feb8th
                          Letter received agreeing to token Payments
                          Feb22nd
                          Further contact letter sent – Thankyou for Token payments ect
                          April8th
                          Mercers- Default notice Received
                          April10th
                          Mercers– Immediate action needed – Threat of Doorstep Collector
                          April18th
                          ResolvecallIntroduction letter
                          April21st
                          Replyto Resolvecall – Prove it letter
                          April27th
                          Mercers– 48 hours notice of doorstep collector
                          May4th
                          Resolvecall– No longer dealing with account
                          June6th
                          Mercers- £1.00 Token payment offer letter
                          August8th
                          Phonecallasking to confirm address – We’ve got a parcel to deliver -Capquest
                          August9th
                          Capquest– Doorstep visit threat o gram letter
                          August24th
                          Capquest– Letter before action letter threatening Bailiffs ect
                          Sept8th
                          Capquest– Letter confirming no interest or fees added to account
                          NODATE ON LETTER
                          HLLegal – Court proceedings May be taken letter
                          Sept23rd
                          Capquest– Apparent we need to start litigation/ Reduced offer letter

2013Feb11th
                          CCA request sent to Barclays
                          Feb7th
                          Capquest - Please contact us letter received
                          Feb20th
                          Capquest - Falsley claim that I had acknowledged to pay £1PCM - I did not
                          Feb 24th
                          Barclaycard - CCA (Recon Received)Niddy says U/E
                          March 8th
                          Barclaycard - Have sent a copy oforiginal Application - Totally U/E
                          Aug 21st
                          Barclaycard -Account passed to APEX for collection
                          Aug 28th
                          APEX Welcomeletter received
                          Sept2nd
                          Prove it letter sent to APEX
                          Sept7th
                          Apex - Explination letter received
                          Sept 30th
                          Apex -Please contact us letter
                          Nov 18th
                          Apex - Please contact usletter
                          Nov25th
                          Sold in dispute letter sent to APEX
                          Nov29th
                          Thank you for your letter dated 25th Nov - If you want a copyof your CCA send £1 payment ??????
                          Dec 7th
                          Letter from Apex -Our enquiries show that you are resident at this address - They onlyhad to ask !!!

Jan4th
                          Letter from Apex - We are authorised to concider a discountedsettlement - Contact us
                          Feb10th
                          Letter to Apex - This account is in dispute letter sent
                          Feb26th
                          Letter from Barclaycard and MKDP ( Sent together from MKDP) -This account has been sold to MKDP LLP - You need to contact us torepay this debt

Mar 7th
                          Letterfrom MKRR – We have not received your offer of Repayment
                          Mar 10th
                          Letter to MKRR – Prove it letter
                          Mar16th
                          Letter from MKDP – Informing me that they are the new owners of the account
                          Mar 22nd
                          Letter from MKRR – We have not received your offer or Repayment
                          Mar 24th
                          Letter to MKDP – Harassment issues and not convinced by your letter of assignment which was a poor photocopy – I am concerned it may be fraudulent
                          Mar 26th
                          Letterto MKDP – CCA request sent
                          Mar 27th
                          Letterto MKDP – Official complaint – Harassment/ 2 x DCA's chasing thesame account ect
                          April 9th
                          Letter from MKDP – Unable to fulfil CCA request at this time
                          May 13th
                          Letter from Barclaycard – What they claim to be a CCA reply – Blank paper with an incorrect address and “right to cancel box” –Thats it!
                          May 15th
                          Letter from MKDP – Barclaycard should have sent you a copy of the notice of assignment – Also sent me some old statements?
                          May20th
                          Letter to MKDP – Account sold in dispute
                          May21st
                          June18th
                          Letter from MKDP – Unable to fulfil CCA request at thus time
                          July24th
                          Aug26th
                          October2nd
                          Nov4th
                          Dec13th

Jan19th
                          Feb23rd
                          Annual statement of account from MKDP
                          Feb26th
                          Apr2nd
                          Apr7th
                          Letter from MKDP – Reply to my CCA request – Right to cancel box on an A4 sheet and illegible terms and some old statements
                          Apr13th
                          Letter to MKDP – Not complied with my CCA request, Illegible documents received
                          Apr23rd
                          Letter from MKRR – We have not received your offer of repayment despite our offer of help – What help?
                          May6th
                          Letter to MKRR – Querying the content of their letter where they state that they have offered me help to clear the balance.
                          May14th
                          Letter from MKRR – Final Notice – You have not taken up our offer of help ???????
                          May15th
                          Letter from MKDP – Send a copy of a letter from a year ago which apparently offers me help by saying they may accept installments ????
                          May15th
                          Letter to MKRR – I note your threat of litigation in your final notice however CCA request has not been satisfied
                          May23rd
                          Letter from MKDP – Response to my recent letters, We are of the opinion that we have complied with the CCA request and you are liable for the outstanding balance – Copy docs enclosed
                          May29th
                          Letter from MKRR – We have not received your offer of Repayment – We have no option other than to instruct Keynes Collections.....A blatant lie as they were well aware CCA not complied with ect
                          May31st
                          Letter to MKRR – Pointing out their blatant lie, They have not addressedany of the points that I have raised with them. Failure to satisfyCCA request, Not allowing any time to meet their impossible 7 daydeadlines due to delays in postage not giving opportunity to respond,harassment and feelings of distress ect ect
                          June4th
                          Letter from MKDP – Notice of intended legal action – Reply within 14days
                          June5th
                          Letter to MKDP – CCA request sent
                          June5th
                          Letter to Barclaycard – SAR Request sent

Last edited by Spud; 5 June 2015, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                            I came home today to a lovely letter from MKDP headed “ Notice of Intended Legal Action”- Basically it explains that they have instructed Keynes Collections and it is a formal Letter Before Action giving me 14 days from the date of the letter to pay up or legal action to recover the balance MAY be taken without further notice.
                            Is it a formal Letter Before Action or is that your interpretation of the letter?

Email me the letter you've received using planB@all-about-debt.co.uk

Was it from MKDP, or MKRR, or Ravens Recoveries, or Keynes Collections? They're all part of the Compello Group escalation process.

What is the date on the letter?

Comment

I will email it across in a little while for you to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X