GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlin Financial Services - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlin Financial Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Financial Services

Letter today, We've changed our name.
    Marlin Financial Services are now part of the Cabot Credit Management (CCM) group and we will be changing our name to Cabot Financial (Marlin) from 2nd March 2015.
    You will notice this change in any communication that you have with us.
    For example, all our letters will now be branded "Cabot Financial" and when talking to us we will introduce ourselves as "Cabot".

They then go on, suggesting that I owe £3452.04 regarding a Lloyds TSB credit card.

Current creditor Marlin Europe 11 Limited.

When they have a CCA from Lloyds, which no other DCA has managed to supply, I will respond, however they keep on trying to obtain this from the original creditor but they don't have one, (originally an accucard with Texaco) No chance!

Re: Marlin Financial Services

What was a Texaco Accucard?

Was it a sort of store card, limited to the sale of petroleum motor spirit and related goods, that was subsequently converted into a LloydsTSB Visa card?

Might Santander v. Mayhew apply/

Comment

Accucard was basically (the brand) - usually MasterCard and the texaco element was the affiliation. They did various cards such as more th>n and texaco.

Accucard itself was a cash back / lower rate etc online card. So it was never store -> credit.

It was always a credit card (in circulation till around 2006 (ish))....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ooooer --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Europe-11-Ltd
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Edit to add

See here --> http://www.accucard.net & http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-personal.html

Comment

How curious.

As the card holders were issued with a LloydsTSB Platinum card - to which they had not agreed - and had, presumably, not been given the option to cancel the agreement on reasonable terms, might that pose problems with the nature of the agreement?

Come to that, did LloydsTSB comply with section 85 (link) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 when they sent the replacement cards?

Comment

No, Lloyds sent a letter saying that I could choose either a visa or MasterCard as a replacement. Had already got a Lloyds MasterCard so chose a visa. Never sent a new agreement.

Comment

I reckon Marlin are in the process of sending these letters to all their "customers" for information purposes only.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post484900

Comment

me too, nothing really threatening just information, we got three is three separate envelopes yesterday

they would like to help with a discount or a chat................eh NO

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                    No, Lloyds sent a letter saying that I could choose either a visa or MasterCard as a replacement. Had already got a Lloyds MasterCard so chose a visa. Never sent a new agreement.
                    Which is what I suspected.

Having seen what the Accucard offered, it seems as if their agreement would have differed from customer to customer regarding the prescribed terms, which LloydsTSB then replaced with another card with fixed and quite different terms and conditions.

Comment

When Lloyd issued the new card terms came with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        When Lloyd issued the new card terms came with it.
                        But they did not comply with section 85 - which requires them to send a copy of the executed agreement - did they?

It seems likely that Santander would have sent a standard package of a new card and a sheet of terms and conditions to PlanB, but her agreement was found to be UE.

So why/how is this different?

Comment

I also received the letter yesterday from Marlin informing me that they are now part of the Cabot Group, Marlin own my "alleged" Lloyds TSB visa card account.
                          Just checked through my files last night and with the three "alleged" accounts of mine that Cabot own and now this Marlin account it adds up to £35K now sitting with Cabot/Marlin Group...

I suspect it will soon be time to get my "Tin Hat" on and await their cavalry charge....

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            But they did not comply with section 85 - which requires them to send a copy of the executed agreement - did they?

It seems likely that Santander would have sent a standard package of a new card and a sheet of terms and conditions to PlanB, but her agreement was found to be UE.

So why/how is this different?
                            My understanding is planB's case hinged on the fact it was a change from restricted to unrestricted ie a material change in the account functions (restricted store -> unrestricted credit).

When a firm buys out another product, if the product stays the same (ie unrestricted -> unrestricted) then all they'd need to do is issue revised terms which the consumer accepts or declines (if they decline the account is frozen and becomes a repayable account only).

To be honest the last time we seen this was Marbles (-> Barclaycard) - they won their case and we all know Barclays literally issued a new card and replacement terms.

Egg is another. As is Citicard......

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                              I also received the letter yesterday from Marlin informing me that they are now part of the Cabot Group, Marlin own my "alleged" Lloyds TSB visa card account.
                              Just checked through my files last night and with the three "alleged" accounts of mine that Cabot own and now this Marlin account it adds up to £35K now sitting with Cabot/Marlin Group...

I suspect it will soon be time to get my "Tin Hat" on and await their cavalry charge....
                              Squeeze the old cheeks tight mate

Comment

Working...
                              X