GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewood credit account enforceability - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewood credit account enforceability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlewood credit account enforceability

Hi all, new member here desperate for advice on my credit agreement with Littlewoods Catalog credit account, I asked for a copy of my agreement this was signed by me on 07/12/2006 however after reading through some really helpful threads I can see this may be unenforcable as there is no amount of credit shown, the only reference to this is "1. Credit Limit - We will periodically set the credit limit and notify you of it"

As I understand with a credit card agreement this would be unenforceable however I wanted to check to see if this is still the case with this being this kind of account instead?

If anyone could advice I really would appreciate this.

Thank you in advance
    Oli

Re: Littlewood credit account enforceability

Hi Oli and welcome to AAD

Did you actually sign a catalogue agreement? Very often people didn't back then.
    If you want it checking for enforceability, please send an unedited copy to our administrator Never-in-Doubt at webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk.
    (Don't worry, it's perfectly secure and only he will see it).

When did you last make any payment or acknowledge this account, and roughly what sort of balance is owed?
    Has it been defaulted?

Elsa x

Comment

Hi Elsa and thank you for the fast response, I did unfortunately sign the agreement and the current balance is at about £1280.00 and according to my credit report the account defaulted on 06/03/2013.

Littlewoods have been extremely slow to do anything about the debt until recently so I'm looking for ways to have it legally squashed if possible, I have sent a copy as you mentioned so hopefully admin could reveal some helpful information.

Thanks again

Comment

Fingers crossed eh?

Comment

Hi Slinger,
          Welcome to the forum - you are in good hands here so try not to worry (although this is easier said than done, you will soon see most blow a lot of steam off and then go quiet).
          Do you have any other debts? If so, i would recommend completing a diary so everyone can see and advise accordingly.
          Further information on diaries here.
          Merry Christmas.
          SA
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya

Sadly this is enforceable, the PT's are all present - alongside your signature.

The limit does not need to be shown, the fact they've said they will allocate a limit etc does suffice. You will not win this in court utilising UE sadly.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Oli,
              That's a great shame, but at least you know what you're dealing with now, so damage limitation time.
              Are you in financial hardship, on benefits or ill? With a bit more background we might see a way forward for you...

Elsa x

Comment

Hi and thanks for checking, I'm not on benefits or anything like that and work full time however I ran a business and this closed a few years ago due to debts and cash flow and I have been looking to arrange bankruptcy since however due to the cost of this it has been delayed since, all creditors have been chasing for some time and many have visited our house but we have never let them in and rarely reply to anything they send through, many creditors have given up years ago but the odd one like this keeps trying.

Im not overly worried as I know the worst that they will do is attempt another bailiff which again will be unsuccessful and I will in the new year start saving for the bankruptcy.

In total there is approx £40,000 combined debt and most of this was defaulted in 2013 so its either a case of bankruptcy or waiting it out for all to give up completely.

I have made requests to all creditors who have contacted me for their debts over the last few months for the credit agreements and this is the first one to come back so as I hear back from the others I will probably call on your support again to check if any of these can be squashed early.

Thanks again all

Comment

Hi Slinger

Ok so its a shame about the agreement being enforceable but there may be another approach you can take.

Littlewoods (Shop Direct), usually use a process that effectively ramps up the balance before they sell on to a debt purchasor. Most debtors get chased by an inhouse collections agency initially called NDR money.

So first question - when you first fell in to arrears did you contact them to make any sort of payment arrangement offer? If so do you have that in writing?

Best
                  SnV
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                    Hi Slinger

Ok so its a shame about the agreement being enforceable but there may be another approach you can take.

Littlewoods (Shop Direct), usually use a process that effectively ramps up the balance before they sell on to a debt purchasor. Most debtors get chased by an inhouse collections agency initially called NDR money.

So first question - when you first fell in to arrears did you contact them to make any sort of payment arrangement offer? If so do you have that in writing?

Best
                    SnV
                    Hi SaltnVinegar, no I can't recall making any offers to repay the debt, silence to all requests has got me to this point so far.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X