GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Started my CCA route. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started my CCA route.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started my CCA route.

I have two creidit cards that were with MBNA and since been passed to a Experto Credite and the other was HBOS since passed to Iqor.

The two to Experto Credite have still to be responded too although they sent a letter stating they did not receive the £1 cheque that was in the envelope (even though 5 days after I received the letter had confirmation that they had indeed cashed these cheques), so have since had the discussion about them being lying toerags, but still no actually CCA for either accounts.

My other one has sent me details....a statement, Terms and conditions and a copy of my initial application, but no actual credit agreement which was signed by me.

How do I proceed with this one? I have seen elsewhere a true copy does not actually need a signature but then I have also read that if it went to court it would not be enforceable due to their being no signature, so a bit confused.

Also, in terms of a credit file, if a debt isn't enforceable does it remain on the file? I ask as I have started a new job which looks very promising in terms of what I can earn plus my wife qualifies as a nurse in June and already has several job offers on the table so we are in a position where from July onwards can make some huge steps to pay off all our debts by xmas and then save up to buy a house. Yes I know thats way in advance however it worries me that if it remains on the credit file we will still look unattractive to possible lenders.

Many thanks in advice.

Shay

Re: Started my CCA route.

Enforcability has no bearing on whether they mark your file as in default. If you owe and they decide to do it then it will happen. The only respite is to pay up or to check if they have followed the process correctly. Even then it may be a fight to get it removed.

Have you checked your files with the CRAs?

Welcome to the boards!

Comment

Firstly Hi and welcome.. and UE WILL effect your File, if your looking to buy a house in the hear future then I suggest you start thinking about how you want to go about this and maybe UE isn't for you

Why dont you start a diary or better yet lets start here and list who you owe and what to.. its hard to give advice blindly.

One thing to remember mortgages are different... even with defaults CCJs and the likes you can still get a mortgage it just wont be the BEST one out there.. because at the end of the day they will just take the house if you don't pay.

HTH

Comment

Hi & Welcome

Have a read here - then we'll be able to help better: ---> Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X