GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest Credit Card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest Credit Card

Took out Natwest Credit card in 2001 that defaulted Mar 2011.

I have been paying Moorcroft £50 a month, but now I have just found this forum and everyone makes so much sense I thought I would ask for advice.

The problem is, my business and personal accounts are still with Natwest.

Do I request CCA at the risk of pissing off Natwest?

I really want the default removing from my credit file.

Any ideas?

Re: Natwest Credit Card

Think the first bit of advice is never to have your debts with the same bank as you have bank account/savings etc. Easier said than done for most of us I know.

Perhaps the coming advent of bank account portability would be of assitance to you here.?

The default I would hand on heart think is this how the account was actually run. Not how you think but how it actually happened. The referral to a DCA is one of the bigger indications that a default has occurred according to the ICO guidance.

What would be your reasons for wanting the default scrubbed? If the account did actually default then think it would be pretty hard to get them to adjust things.

Comment

Natwest could offset personal debt against ANY other group accounts if they were in the same name. So if you are one of 4 directors on the business account they'd not be able to offset. If you're the only person in charge (sole trader / sole director) then they MIGHT try and offset.

You're best to try and get em to sell it to a DCA then deal with the DCA who can't offset

If you have a default - forget removal. Won't happen sadly.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi tiredofdebt

With a 2001 Natwest card it is fairly likely that it would be unenforcable - What sort of balance do you have on the card? If its low £100's then you have to question if it would be worth it long term, Especially as you have other accounts that I am presuming you need and use everyday?

Having said that - I stand by what Ken said - You dont really want to be banking with the same people as you have debts with - The risk of "off setting" is too great and they could rob one of your other accounts to pay the other.

You could not really even contemplate the UE route until you have moved these live accounts elsewhere unconnected with Natwest - It would be too dangerous as they would be sure to offset eventually. A CCA request could make them bolt to protect their interests and you may find that they offset rather quickly ect

Any other debts that you are defaulting on or unable to afford? I'm just trying to get a better picture to see if the U/E route would be worth your while

Its a long slog but worth it if the circumstances dictate ect

Defaults are almost impossible to remove - Unless very exceptional circumstances exist so really you are stuck with it. Having said that if you are now with Moorcroft paying monthly - The damage is prettymuch now done regarding credit reporting anyway so a default is not so much of an issue
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          Think the first bit of advice is never to have your debts with the same bank as you have bank account/savings etc. Easier said than done for most of us I know.

Perhaps the coming advent of bank account portability would be of assitance to you here.?

The default I would hand on heart think is this how the account was actually run. Not how you think but how it actually happened. The referral to a DCA is one of the bigger indications that a default has occurred according to the ICO guidance.

What would be your reasons for wanting the default scrubbed? If the account did actually default then think it would be pretty hard to get them to adjust things.
          Thanks Ken

I am totally unclued up when it comes to these matters, but someone told me that if a CCA is unenforceable then the records was wiped from your file?

BR

Tod

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
            Hi tiredofdebt

With a 2001 Natwest card it is fairly likely that it would be unenforcable - What sort of balance do you have on the card? If its low £100's then you have to question if it would be worth it long term, Especially as you have other accounts that I am presuming you need and use everyday?

Having said that - I stand by what Ken said - You dont really want to be banking with the same people as you have debts with - The risk of "off setting" is too great and they could rob one of your other accounts to pay the other.

You could not really even contemplate the UE route until you have moved these live accounts elsewhere unconnected with Natwest - It would be too dangerous as they would be sure to offset eventually. A CCA request could make them bolt to protect their interests and you may find that they offset rather quickly ect

Any other debts that you are defaulting on or unable to afford? I'm just trying to get a better picture to see if the U/E route would be worth your while

Its a long slog but worth it if the circumstances dictate ect

Defaults are almost impossible to remove - Unless very exceptional circumstances exist so really you are stuck with it. Having said that if you are now with Moorcroft paying monthly - The damage is prettymuch now done regarding credit reporting anyway so a default is not so much of an issue
            Ah, thanks Spud.

All the advice you have given me makes perfect sense and I pretty much know waht to do from now on.

Great forum this, I will recommend to everyone who needs sound advice!

BR

Tod

Comment

Think they have somewhat mis-led you.

If UE it doesnt wipe the debt and therefore they can and will continue to chase and report on you. Just means you will not be sitting down with a judge and discussing the finer points of CCA law.

Therefore if you defaulted on the account then they can and will report the default.

Hope that makes some sense?

Comment

Originally posted by tiredofdebt View Post
                Thanks Ken

I am totally unclued up when it comes to these matters, but someone told me that if a CCA is unenforceable then the records was wiped from your file?

BR

Tod
                That's rubbish. McGuffick v RBS proved that.

The default, if it is an accurate account of the account activity, can stay. We cannot argue that. The court ruled in favour of, guess who? RBS (natwest parent)!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

TOD

Your most welcome

Have a think about what other debts you have ect - If you can pay off this Natwest account over say the next year and then be back on track - UE probably isnt for you - Which is a good thing

If however, You have lots of debt and are really struggling to pay/Cope /Survive - Then there is a good change that UE could work for you - Especially with older debts ect

If you fall into the latter bracket - Post up some rough details and someone on here will point you in the right direction.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                  X