GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EGG CREDIT CARD - AKTIV DCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EGG CREDIT CARD - AKTIV DCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGG CREDIT CARD - AKTIV DCA

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction with this please. Have EGG credit card debt will be Statute Barred approx Aug 2014. been to several DCA and sold to Aktiv. latest letter asking for payment in full etc - I sent £1 for a copy of my agreement but have now received a statement showing this £1 as a a payment!! It wasn't a payment it was the required fee for a copy of the agreement. Also attached to the statement is a "discount voucher " for almost two thirds of the debt!!

I have seen on this site a section where there are examples of EGG unenforceable agreements - but can't find it - also is there a template letter disputing that the £1 was a payment?

thanks

Re: EGG CREDIT CARD - AKTIV DCA

Hiya

Just write back and remind them that within your original CCA Request you clearly stated that the £1 was NOT to be used for any other reason than to satisfy your obligation under s.78 CCA1974 and demand that they immediately remove it as a credit to the account as that is not what you sent it for.

They will do it and if not, at least you have proof that you requested it removed so it will not affect the SB date in 2014
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

thanks - will do - much appreciated . I am thinking that possibly is unenforceable given the value of the "discount voucher" - I thought i had seen some examples on the forum??

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVELLER View Post
        thanks - will do - much appreciated . I am thinking that possibly is unenforceable given the value of the "discount voucher" - I thought i had seen some examples on the forum??
        some examples of...?

don't presume it's UE based on other people's accounts; it doesn't work like that nor does the discount amount. The discount is usually valued against age of debt; payments received; likelihood of success and many more so they are unique to each account/customer.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

understood thank you - I will send for checking at some point thank you. I thought I had seen some EGG agreements on this site and other agreements labelled enforceable/unenforceable

many thanks

Comment

understood thank you - I will send for checking at some point thank you. I thought I had seen some EGG agreements on this site and other agreements labelled enforceable/unenforceable

many thanks
            Ahh you're on about the example agreements --> UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability - allaboutFORUMS

Bottom post in that thread - but the images may no longer work as we didn't move them when we changed servers (I know, I know)...

Comment

haven't posted in a while as have moved house recently. Received today letter from Aktiv saying now passing on to Rossendales. Still awaiting copy agreement requested as in CCA sent to Aktiv in April 2013??

Any help appreciated - should be SB around August this year - many thanks

Comment

ps - am worried as I understand they are bailiffs as well as DCA? can they try to get into my home?? thanks

Comment

Hiya bailiffs CANNOT get involved unless the creditor secured a CCJ that they have since went and enforced via HCEO. Civil debts do not allow bailiffs, different if you owed Council Tax, for instance (then bailiffs can call).....

Dont worry, you'll be fine.

Comment

It may sound silly but have you checked to make sure that there is no ccj and is your post being redirected. I have read that some dcas send clsims to old addresses

Comment

I sent Rossendales a CCA with the £1 fee recorded delivery on 30th January . Today I received a "Notice of Visit" letter quite strongly worded ... "passed to one of our debt collectors who may visit your home within the next few days to obtain payment or discuss a repayment structure ... PLEASE TAKE NOTICE YOUR ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE OVERLOOKED>>>>"
                      This letter was dated before I sent the CCA. I have the template for "no doorstep visits" letter - is it best to send that please thanks

Comment

I sent Rossendales a CCA with the £1 fee recorded delivery on 30th January . Today I received a "Notice of Visit" letter quite strongly worded ... "passed to one of our debt collectors who may visit your home within the next few days to obtain payment or discuss a repayment structure ... PLEASE TAKE NOTICE YOUR ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE OVERLOOKED>>>>"
                        This letter was dated before I sent the CCA. I have the template for "no doorstep visits" letter - is it best to send that please thanks
                        Will do no harm to send it.........
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

will do thanks

Comment

and even if they do pitch up, you don't have to answer the door or you can answer it and tell em to piss off....................they are not bailiffs and have about as much right to visit you as my giddy aunt..................

Comment

.......and boy is MrsD's Aunt giddy!!
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X