Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot

Does anyone know if Cabot are still issuing claims?

They used to appear regular, but now they dont seem to appear at all

I dont see their name appearing much either on the forums

Re: Cabot

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
    Does anyone know if Cabot are still issuing claims?

They used to appear regular, but now they dont seem to appear at all

I dont see their name appearing much either on the forums
    I think you've scared them into submission mate
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Last contact I had was .....They were still looking for The agreement

Over 18 months ago...

Old citi card........
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post

Over 18 months ago...

Old citi card........
        Well they'll not have it, Opus are trying to recon citi agreements using their own details as the lender - clearly I never signed an agreement when Opus were not even formed then....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Over 18 months ago...

Old citi card........
          Paul got rid of cabot in Aug 2012 for us they still have another citi card have not heard about for over 2 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
            Paul got rid of cabot in Aug 2012 for us they still have another citi card have not heard about for over 2 years now.
            They have really gone quiet off my radar and i dont know why

Comment

They are certainly still around harassing people. At the start of this year, I received a Notice of Assignment from Crapbot to ScroatCall for an alleged debt which went Statute Barred on December 30th. ScroatCall have been told to go away, and a formal complaint concerning Crapbot's conduct over the past five years was forwarded to their chairman Neil “Asinine” Clyne at the same time. The complaint has been acknowledged, but not responded to. The response had better be good, otherwise I think there is enough in there to get it to the Fobbing Off Service.

It is encouraging to read of fewer claims, although there shouldn't ever be one now in my case for obvious reasons. I still remember one case from 2008 on the Coherent Advice Gone site where someone was dragged into court by Crapbot for a statute barred debt. In the end he got his MP involved and was awarded compensation.

You still don't need that aggro in your life even if you do get compensated, so if Crapbot's teeth have fallen out, so much the better for all decent people who have to live in Great Britain.

SH

Comment

Loads of Arrow Global claims. Don't recall anything from Cabot recently though?
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Is it the calm before the storm? They have been so nasty and underhand in the past I worry that they are going through an overhaul and will soon start hammering everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                    Loads of Arrow Global claims. Don't recall anything from Cabot recently though?
                    Arrow Global have loads of old Barclaycard stuff now though haven't they? They can't seem to find my agreement either .... their as bad as Crapbot too ...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                      They have really gone quiet off my radar and i dont know why
                      Probably monitoring AAD.

Comment

Over 18 months ago...

Old citi card........
                        Same,

And I have a letter from Citi stating very clearly that they do not have it as well...
                        -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
                          Same,

And I have a letter from Citi stating very clearly that they do not have it as well...
                          Seems normal as I said in post 4 above. The fools ditched a load when they sold out to Progressive Finance

Comment

Cabot are holding three of my card accounts, including a high balance Citi Card one for 13k, initially they were really aggressive in letters arriving almost weekly with varying degrees of threats...
                            I had a few months of exchanging letters (them with continuing threats, Me responding with various versions of our AAD template letters) then it just went quiet, and has been that way for maybe 6 months or more....

But no doubt they are busy scheming their next assault on me at some point in the future....

Comment

I dont know if this helps at all.

Cabot and Apex joined forces a bit back. Who purchased who and to what extent not sure.

Apex were very quiet for sometime (we have an account with them and they seem to be weird compared to other peoples experiences of DCA's)but now seem to be starting to stir. This seems to be very true of Lloyds TSB accounts at the moment. A few of them about.

Apex are also one of the preferred HMRC DCA's.

Reading up on forums they seem to have become quite threatening just lately. Again this seems to be on the newer Lloyds TSB accounts. But not seeing anything getting to claims as yet.

Not sure if thats of any use.

Comment

Working...
                              X