GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script what to do - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do

Late 2005 received a demand for outstanding credit card debt from 1st credit made an offer to pay token amount they refused, a few months later another request for payment from another DCA ,they accepted the token offer and sent a paying in book I paid without fail for quite awhile, got request from 2 other dca for the original amount, I ignored these requests and continued with my original payments,. I moved house and have not heard anything until today when a fishing letter arrived. the thing is as there is no proof of payment made to this account for over 6 years would it be statute barred. And if not should I reply to this letter or wait for them. I did not know at the outset about cca etc.
    Last edited by putupon12; 20 January 2013, 20:23. Reason: to much info

Re: what to dop

When was your last payment ?

No I would not reply to that letter.......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

my last payment was 2003 but nothing has ever been credited to the account.
      Last edited by putupon12; 20 January 2013, 20:19. Reason: incorrect date

Comment

I would just ignore that letter if it were me......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have not had any dealings with 1st credit since dec 2005

Comment

thanks in 2 deep I will ignore it and see what follows many thanks

Comment

Just something I picked up, DCA talking

"we are a purchaser of delinquent debts. We are supplied with a csv file containing limited details such as the account number, name of the account holder, date of birth and amount owing. We use the limited details and trace the debtor using registers and enquiries at our disposal. Where more than one person has the same name and date of birth we will contact each person to eliminate them. People who are not associated with the debt will respond indicating that. Then we will concentrate on those who do not respond as they are likely to be the debtor"

However, from experience, if you respond they will then ask you to prove why they should not contact you, just saying go away is not heeded. After all they are a thriving business bringing wealth and employment into the community, as well as sadness and despair.

Seems logical. That is what the SS did, especially the eliminating, init?
              Last edited by julian; 18 January 2013, 13:30. Reason: sent too soon

Comment

today received another introduction letter regarding a different account saying they now have the assignment,what do I do next

Comment

Wait till they write properly with their usual threats then update us
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As its SB you don't have anything to worry about.

Just sit tight for now.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I may of got mixed up,the first fishing letter last week refers to one account that I know nothing about and never made payments on. I have not had any cards since 2002,so this is probably SB. The one today looks like the one I paid on but put no ref on slips so I am not sure they can trace this back, if not then this would be SB.

Comment

payments were to a different dca

Comment

When did you last pay roughly?

Comment

july2010

Comment

Re: what to do

I have not acknowledged that this is my address

Comment

Working...
                              X