GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Aged debts. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aged debts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aged debts.

Some 10 + years after my debts (credit cards) were in default, I received a letter from First Credit saying the debt had been assigned to them by RBS about just under 6 years ago.
    I have not replied to First Credit's request for payment.
    This must have been triggered by a UK bank searching an address I had given them, just for correspondence, a year after the account was opened from my current country of residence in the E.U. This address is not mine and I have never lived there, but belongs to a relation by marriage. The original letter was returned to First Credit annotated "not known"
    I have been abroad for 11 years, so obviously have had no contact for a good long time.
    What is my best course of action, as I intend returning to the UK soon?

Re: Ageed debts.

Hi Jamon

Welcome to the Board. Do you mean that First Credit bought the debts 10 years after the defaults were issued and you hadn't paid in this period? If that is so, the debts are long statute barred. You usually date the SB from the date of your last payment, either to the original creditor or anyone they may have sold the debt on to.
    First credit may just be fishing and I would just remain "not known", I think these would either be SB or about to be SB, in which case you don't want to start the clock by surfacing. If you lived in Scotland when you took out the credit, then its only 5 years to SB.

Comment

First Credit bought the debt on 01/11/2004 from RBS, according to a standard letter I have from RBS via First Credit , but not replied to, dated 25/08/2010
      The last payment I would have made to RBS for the credit card would have been around Jan/Feb 2001.

Comment

in that case it's well statute barred.

http://www.debtquestions.co.uk/legal_yo ... php#barred

some more info here.

Comment

Very many thanks for your impressively quick help - it is appreciated!

Comment

You ought to be sending this back: ---> viewtopic.php?p=2313#p2313

Then ignore them, simples
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Aged debts.

Thanks - I've downloaded it ready to print - but one question - when you say "Sign Digitally" does that mean merely typing one's name with no actual pen to paper hand writing input?
              As a matter of interest, why is that?

Comment

Hi Jamon :hello

Yes sign digitially means to type your name, rather than sign it.

By signing your name, you are giving your creditor a copy of your signature that they otherwise might not have; and they can use it for all sorts of reconstruction of documents. It is unneccessary to give it to them
                If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jamon
                  Thanks - I've downloaded it ready to print - but one question - when you say "Sign Digitally" does that mean merely typing one's name with no actual pen to paper hand writing input?
                  As a matter of interest, why is that?
                  See this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=17661#p17661

Should answer it for you gh
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for that link - VERY interesting - cunning bar stewards!
                    I really must search the forum before posting dumb questions!
                    ;D

Comment

Originally posted by jamon
                      Thank you for that link - VERY interesting - cunning bar stewards!
                      I really must search the forum before posting dumb questions!
                      ;D

Comment

Working...
                      X