GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hi to everyone, I'm in for a rough ride - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi to everyone, I'm in for a rough ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to everyone, I'm in for a rough ride

I would just like to say Hi to everyone.
    I'm in a lot of debt along with my partner and I've burried my head in the
    Sand for a long time about it. I signed up to this forum back at the
    end of 2010 but due to ill health, and not able to face up and deal with
    our debt problems just did not continue. I'm not very computer
    literate and not used to forums.
    I want to make a start now, with unforceability and anything else that
    will help. So far I have ignored letters from credit card companies and
    DCAs. Unfortunately one has resulted in a CCJ for my husband, and
    the amount I have to pay each month is crippling us. We are behind
    with water, electric and council tax, but are up to date with the mortgage.
    I do not truely know what we owe and to whom. as all correspondence
    is stuffed in plastic carrier bags.
    Sorry to ramble, I will endeavour to sort them out so that I can
    Give more info and try for enforceability. I'm frightened about our
    future as this is the "wrong time of our life " shall I say.
    Thank you for listening to me.
    Battendown (the hatches) as we're in for a big storm !
    Battendown (the hatches) as we're in for a stormy ride !!

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Re: Hi to everyone, I'm in for a rough ride

Hi Battendown and welcome back.

We'll support you if you try for unenforceability.

You shouldn't have to pay more for a ccj than you can afford. Perhaps you can ask for a redetermination?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

In a muddle for too long

Hi everyone
      I've today made a commitment to face up to the debt we have and not bury my head in the sand and to DO
      SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
      I have tried in the past, but due to ill health and not being able to face to to it I have just completely burried my head in the sand. I'm not computer literate, so I find Posting on forums not easy at the moment but I expect it will become easier. At the moment I'm using a mobile phone to post as I can't pry the computer from the kids lol.
      I first signed up to this forum in 2010, and I know what the hell have I been doing !!
      I just hoped it would go away I suppose !!
      Anyway I am making steps now and I'm posting on the forum !!.
      Thank you all for listening to my ramblings.

Battendown (the hatches) as we're in for a rough ride.

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Comment

Hi Pixie
        Thank you for your reply. Is a redetermination where you apply to the court with your incomings and outgoings ? If so I'm worried that if they see that we have little incomings and a lot of outgoings that I'm worried that they can make us bankrupt !
        I'm so worried that we could lose our house.

Comment

I just had to make a payment to the court as we had a warrant of execution as they were going to send the court bailiffs around, and I was just in a position to catch up with payments and pay double and they did this, so had to pay the fees on top and so back to square one.

Comment

Re: In a muddle for too long

Good luck.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Battendown View Post
              Hi Pixie
              Thank you for your reply. Is a redetermination where you apply to the court with your incomings and outgoings ? If so I'm worried that if they see that we have little incomings and a lot of outgoings that I'm worried that they can make us bankrupt !
              I'm so worried that we could lose our house.
              They won't make you BR!

A redetermination is used when the lender has judgment and the repayments set by them are too high so you can send off form N244 and ask for a variation in the order (judgment) which is where you'd then show incomings/outgoings etc....

If you can start a diary and list the debts etc then we'd be able to help more, I presume with you asking about redetermination you've got some form of judgment?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I just had to make a payment to the court as we had a warrant of execution as they were going to send the court bailiffs around, and I was just in a position to catch up with payments and pay double and they did this, so had to pay the fees on top and so back to square one.
                bailiffs? So it's a countix tax debt then?

Bailiffs won't call for an unsecured debt.....

Comment

In the first post, OP says her husband has a CCJ.

As they're ignoring letters etc from credit card companies and dcas, maybe they ignored the court forms which resulted in the payment being set higher than they can afford?
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Pixie I seen that, thus my response to the redetermination question however the fact they also mention bailiffs made me question it as a bailiff will not call for a civil matter such as debt, ie ccj.

Thus more info is needed as I think there may be a lot more to unearth here

Comment

I note that you are a homeowner. If you have a CCJ already then post up more details because we want to do our best to avoid a charging order on your property. Niddy's suggestion to get that one redetermined asap is perfect.

When you list your debts it would be helpful to clarify which are in sole names and which are joint accounts.

If you start to read some diaries you'll see how peoples lives have been turned around by going down the unenforceable route. I hope yours will be too

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        bailiffs? So it's a countix tax debt then?

Bailiffs won't call for an unsecured debt.....
                        It could be an unpaid parking fine and bailiffs are wicked with adding costs they're not entitled to and genrally overstepping the mark

Have a read of our info on all this if you're worried

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...d.php?t=2252ra

Comment

I do not truely know what we owe and to whom. as all correspondence
                          is stuffed in plastic carrier bags.
                          Sorry to ramble, I will endeavour to sort them out so that I can
                          Give more info and try for enforceability. I'm frightened about our
                          future as this is the "wrong time of our life " shall I say.
                          Thank you for listening to me.
                          Battendown (the hatches) as we're in for a big storm !
                          If the idea of sorting out all those bags fills you with dread, why not start at the end and post up on here anything that looks immediately threatening like solicitors letters or court documents, and we'll work backwards through their history later. It would be good to stop anything escalating while you get that mountain of paperwork slowly sorted

Comment

Wow !!
                            I would like to thank you all for your replies with help and support. I'm overwhelmed !

When I get to grips with this posting lark lol, I will answer you all individually.

Just to say, yes I've been very stupid in struggling to pay the CCJ I am hugely
                            In arrears with electric and council tax. I will get Mr Battendown to ring the
                            Court re a redetermination.

Hi Never-in-Doubt, the CCJ is for Lloyds bank credit card of Mr B's that went
                            To court. We had missed a payment which resulted him having a Warrant of
                            Execution where by we had to pay the instalment we missed plus costs of the
                            warrant by the 17th July or they would send bailiffs to seize goods, and this was
                            stated on the warrant. Needless to say this was only £50 short of 2 months payments
                            to Lloyds, so I'm not able to catch up on payments with them now so may see a
                            repeat next month !!! SCuM Solicitors !!

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              If the idea of sorting out all those bags fills you with dread, why not start at the end and post up on here anything that looks immediately threatening like solicitors letters or court documents, and we'll work backwards through their history later. It would be good to stop anything escalating while you get that mountain of paperwork slowly sorted
                              Hi PlanB
                              Thank you, that's a great idea. I'm going to start looking at them this evening when I've got time after cooking Tea. I know I have quite a lot of DCA and Solicitors letters, but the only one I'm aware of with a CCJ is the Lloyds CC one for Mr B.
                              I have ignored most of the others for over a year with some and longer with others.
                              There are a few that are still being paid.
                              Hey, I've just learned how to post a quote in my message. !!

Comment

Working...
                              X