GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hi to everyone, I'm in for a rough ride - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi to everyone, I'm in for a rough ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi to everyone, I'm in for a rough ride

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    bailiffs? So it's a countix tax debt then?

Bailiffs won't call for an unsecured debt.....
    Hi Never-In-Doubt, thanks for your reply, it's for a Lloyds Bank CC who obtained a CCJ, we were behind on payments with the court order so Lloyds or their solicitors SCM had a warrant of execution issued for 1 months payment plus costs. In the warrant it states that if not paid by 17th July that they will instruct bailiffs to seize goods.
    Battendown (the hatches) as we're in for a stormy ride !!

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Comment

On a lighter note, can anyone tell me how to put an icon in my message ? Lol !

I can see them to add to the title of a message, but nothing is showing up to put in the message. I'm using a mobile phone to postif that's any help x

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Comment

Originally posted by Battendown View Post
        Wow !!
        I would like to thank you all for your replies with help and support. I'm overwhelmed !

When I get to grips with this posting lark lol, I will answer you all individually.

Just to say, yes I've been very stupid in struggling to pay the CCJ I am hugely
        In arrears with electric and council tax. I will get Mr Battendown to ring the
        Court re a redetermination.

Hi Never-in-Doubt, the CCJ is for Lloyds bank credit card of Mr B's that went
        To court. We had missed a payment which resulted him having a Warrant of
        Execution where by we had to pay the instalment we missed plus costs of the
        warrant by the 17th July or they would send bailiffs to seize goods, and this was
        stated on the warrant. Needless to say this was only £50 short of 2 months payments
        to Lloyds, so I'm not able to catch up on payments with them now so may see a
        repeat next month !!! SCuM Solicitors !!
        Have they sent a HCEO (High court enforcement officer)? If not then you can tell any bailiff to get to fu*k........ However I wouldn't suggest you do that!

See this for info ---> How county court judgments are enforced : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Basically, batten down the hatches!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Battendown View Post
          On a lighter note, can anyone tell me how to put an icon in my message ? Lol !

I can see them to add to the title of a message, but nothing is showing up to put in the message. I'm using a mobile phone to postif that's any help x
          on a mobile it's easier to use the codes...

best use a pc or laptop till you're familiar with our smilies or click this to see the codes... Smilie List - allaboutFORUMS
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Mods. While Battendown was busy cooking her Tea (or Supper or Dinner) my post vanished I hope I didn't start something too controversial for this site I only wanted to make the poster feel at home and ask you to reconsider putting it back I really don't mind (too much), but if I've done something wrong please PM me otherwise how will I learn
            Last edited by PlanB; 19 July 2012, 17:07.

Comment

Cant see that anything has been deleted PlanB. Not disputing what you say, just cant see any amendments.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Here it is I've found it http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...&postcount=900

I thought it was rather welcoming but the joke's probably gone a bit flat now

Comment

Sorry I moved posts into anything goes thread to keep this on topic.

I'll move these as well after you've read it

Comment

Have they sent a HCEO (High court enforcement officer)? If not then you can tell any bailiff to get to fu*k........ However I wouldn't suggest you do that!

See this for info ---> How county court judgments are enforced : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Basically, batten down the hatches!
                    If someone knocks the door, we peep through the window to see who it is, if it's anyone "suited and booted" or with a "clip board" or in any sort of "workwear uniform" I don't answer lol, except for the postman or courier. I have the children well drilled like the Von Trap family.

Comment

They won't make you BR!

A redetermination is used when the lender has judgment and the repayments set by them are too high so you can send off form N244 and ask for a variation in the order (judgment) which is where you'd then show incomings/outgoings etc....

If you can start a diary and list the debts etc then we'd be able to help more, I presume with you asking about redetermination you've got some form of judgment?
                      Thanks Niddy, Mr B is sorting out a redetermination. I will be starting a diary soon when I've got the info I need. and thanks with the help with the smileys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        In the first post, OP says her husband has a CCJ.

As they're ignoring letters etc from credit card companies and dcas, maybe they ignored the court forms which resulted in the payment being set higher than they can afford?
                        Hi Pixie
                        Thank you for your replies. Yes it is set at more than 6 times what the minimum payment was when he had the credit card.
                        Mr B is going to contact the court for a redetermination. x

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                          Council tax and electricity (along with the mortgage, of course) are priority debts and they should come above anything else including a CCJ. Water is not regarded as a priority because the water companies can't disconnect you...

You mention court bailiffs, could this be for your council tax? How many months are you in arrears? Bailiffs can't force their way into your property but they could enter through an open window. You don't have to let them in or speak to them. If you have a car it may be an idea to park it a few streets away from your home.

You need to deal with these issues before anything else. If you can't afford the repayments on your CCJ you should ask for a redetermination as noted above. If you are on benefits or a low income you could get an order to pay just £1/month. There are quite a few people on here paying £1/month on a CCJ, including one where they have a charge on their property, so it is perfectly possible to convince a judge you can't afford anymore.

You shouldn't fall behind on your electric or council tax just because you are paying a CCJ! Judges are fully aware of the need to cover priority outgoings before making any debt repayments.

Once you've sorted out the above you can list your other non priority debts and start a diary in this format so we can see where you stand --->Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First! - allaboutFORUMS
                          Hi Flowerpower
                          Yes I'm in a bit of a mess I'm afraid. I've been silly and let electric and council tax bills unpaid to pay other bills. I will be putting up more info on what is what over the next few days and I will start a diary. I'm not exactly sure how much I'm in arrears as I have been masquerading as an Ostrich (with my head in the sand) for such a long time now. Also thanks for the tips on smiley and calling Never-In-Doubt Niddy. x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            I note that you are a homeowner. If you have a CCJ already then post up more details because we want to do our best to avoid a charging order on your property. Niddy's suggestion to get that one redetermined asap is perfect.

When you list your debts it would be helpful to clarify which are in sole names and which are joint accounts.

If you start to read some diaries you'll see how peoples lives have been turned around by going down the unenforceable route. I hope yours will be too
                            Thanks for that, I will x

Comment

It could be an unpaid parking fine and bailiffs are wicked with adding costs they're not entitled to and genrally overstepping the mark

Have a read of our info on all this if you're worried

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...d.php?t=2252ra
                              This is for a Lloyds cc. The only thing is that we do have an unpaid parking fine when our parking permit had fallen onto the floor of the car. couldn't afford to pay it and so will be looking towards bailiffs for that soon

Comment

Here it is I've found it http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...&postcount=900

I thought it was rather welcoming but the joke's probably gone a bit flat now
                                It was very welcoming, thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X