GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Changing Names /Assignments - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing Names /Assignments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Names /Assignments

This is quite important as the opinion as to if I should go BR is linked to this.
    In April 2006 I took out a loan with Morgan Stanley( At least I am sure it was with them)
    In May2006 MS announced that they were taking linking with LV and as such LV would be taking on it's loan portfolio
    I have two default notices from MS dated Nov 2006 and Jan 2007 as well as letter (dated prior to the end of the DN) saying that they would issue a formal demand and then in Feb 2007 a formal demend.

Now I sent off a cca request and it came back signed by LV 22/3/2006 and by me 4/6/2006 ..but it is with LV

So why are MS issuing the DN's when it belongs to LV and why is my CCA from LV when I started it with MS

Finally although I had two DN's issues and a formal demand there is nothing , not a thing , on either my experian or noddle credit file.

Any thoughts anyone?

Re: Changing Names /Assignments

Hi Jon

If you're going BR none of the above matters thus your question confuses me somewhat. The owner was obviously MS but the provider was of course LV as they did partner up. See this for info ---> Morgan Stanley - Press Release

Ok, so that aside - either of the partnership companies can issue documents so look at Barclays right now. They can issue a DN as well as Egg can, or with Citi and Opus the same applies.

Yea it's evident they have issued a recon, but so what? The logo in the top corner doesn't matter - the PT's are what count and to be fair, if the PT's are the same then it doesn't matter.

Regards DN's - the CRA's do not have to report anything, thus don't worry about it. If you go BR then the last thing on your mind would be a DN ergo why are we discussing it again?

If you're going BR then none of this matters anyway.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy
      Just having one of my moments .

As things have slowed down somewhat in the getting of funds as you know, I wanted to be able to throw a letter back if i had to.

I find it interesting though as that is clearly not the document I signed as they had not started the deal until 6 weeks later. So I could not have entered into a regulated agreement with LV.

Not that I am prepared to fight that one as I have much bigger fish to fry don't I.

If they write to me I might just write back asking them to make me BR

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
        Thanks Niddy
        Just having one of my moments .

As things have slowed down somewhat in the getting of funds as you know, I wanted to be able to throw a letter back if i had to.

I find it interesting though as that is clearly not the document I signed as they had not started the deal until 6 weeks later. So I could not have entered into a regulated agreement with LV.

Not that I am prepared to fight that one as I have much bigger fish to fry don't I.

If they write to me I might just write back asking them to make me BR
        Jon

They can create a recon remember? Carey! Remember Carey! The terms must match but the colour and or logo matter little.

Just chill. Seriously, chill dude.

* what do you mean the funding has slowed down? I thought you asked a charity, what happened there? PM if easier
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just Pm'd you with the details

Comment

But surely we should be utilising DPA to nullify the "creation" of a recon.

recon is not equal to the original in slightest but yet they can make a recon although it is in breach of DPA?

Good to see that in this country no matter what we always can (and will) be screwed
            I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
              This is quite important as the opinion as to if I should go BR is linked to this.
              In April 2006 I took out a loan with Morgan Stanley( At least I am sure it was with them)
              In May2006 MS announced that they were taking linking with LV and as such LV would be taking on it's loan portfolio
              I have two default notices from MS dated Nov 2006 and Jan 2007 as well as letter (dated prior to the end of the DN) saying that they would issue a formal demand and then in Feb 2007 a formal demend.

Now I sent off a cca request and it came back signed by LV 22/3/2006 and by me 4/6/2006 ..but it is with LV

So why are MS issuing the DN's when it belongs to LV and why is my CCA from LV when I started it with MS

Finally although I had two DN's issues and a formal demand there is nothing , not a thing , on either my experian or noddle credit file.

Any thoughts anyone?
              Jon......

( Do i pay DCA's )

Comment

I know Niddy, but I get bored

Comment

Do you. Nd. a
                  DX translator.Or
                  Can u ndrstnd him
                  End off.

(PS chk ur crdt files!)

SHEPHERDESS
                  (SITE TEAM) (
                  Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 24 June 2012, 09:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post

Do you. Nd. a
                    DX translator.Or
                    Can u ndrstnd him
                    End off.

(PS chk ur crdt files!)

SHEPHERDESS
                    (SITE TEAM) (

Comment

Sent you a PM PlanB

Comment

Jon..... you need to decide whether to follow advice on here or follow advice elsewhere because I can guarantee you that the advice you get on both sites will not be the same.

If you choose to listen to DX however, then I wish you the very best of luck .... as he was the main reason for me leaving that site.... and I have been challenging debt for a very loooooooong time.

Nuff said...
                        Last edited by PriorityOne; 24 June 2012, 11:17. Reason: typo
                        Remember the mantra:
                        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry PlanB. I should explain....It's a certain very annoying posting style of someone on CAG...

I will go to the naughty step now...

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post

..... you need to decide whether to follow advice on here or follow advice elsewhere because I can guarantee you that the advice you get on both sites will not be the same.
                            There's more than one way to skin a cat and I've chosen the AAD way because it works for me. I've got £78k of debt admitted UE by the creditors and another £70k+ which appears UE in my humble estimate (based on knowledge gained from this site) and none of them have been back in contact for over 8 months since my last template letter

Let the stats speak for themselves
                            Last edited by PlanB; 24 June 2012, 11:15. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post

Sorry PlanB. I should explain....It's a certain very annoying posting style of someone on CAG...

I will go to the naughty step now...
                              No naughty step for you Shep. I thought I was lacking IT skills again when I couldn't make head nor tail of those abreviations in your post. I'd be a lousy code-breaker for MI5 wouldn't I I've read the link PMd to me and I'm up to speed now
                              Last edited by PlanB; 24 June 2012, 10:52. Reason: typo & spelling - it's too early in the morning for Plan B :(

Comment

Working...
                              X