GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cap One CC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cap One CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap One CC

Hi, I have been dealing with this one using the templates etc so far, however, their latest response has lost me and I'm hoping some one can help.
    This is the story so far.
    The original debt was a business credit card, (business has ceased), last payment was made in early 2010, there was only sporadic communication from Cabot, which was ignored untill Jan 2012 when they said 'Your account has been escalated to our pre litigation department' this was when I asked for the CCA. Details below.

23.1.12 Cca req sent to Cabot

24.1.12 Letter from Cabot returning fee and stating they will retrieve docs which they anticipate will be within 12 days.

9.2.12 Letter from Cabot stating the original lender is experiencing a delay in getting the docs, we remind you the debt is still legally due etc etc.

2.3.12 Letter from Cabot giving signed app form and statements and asking for payment.

14.3.12 CCA query application form rec’d letter to Cabot

This is the latest letter which I am unsure of what response I should send.

11.5.12 Response recieved. I have only given the important parts rather than the whole letter.

They say that the information they have provided goes beyond the definition of a 'true copy' because they have sent a photocopy of a credit agreement which I signed, they didn't, they sent an application form!
    They say it is not their normal practice to recontruct credit agreements, they back this up by quoting Section 61 And Section 189(4) of the CCA.

The letter itself is dated 27th March 2012 and towards the end demands contact is made within 14 days!

Thankyou in advance for your help.

Re: Cap One CC

Originally posted by originalmissy View Post
    Hi, I have been dealing with this one using the templates etc so far, however, their latest response has lost me and I'm hoping some one can help.
    The original debt was a business credit card, (business has ceased), last payment was made in early 2010, there was only sporadic communication from Cabot, which was ignored untill Jan 2012 when they said 'Your account has been escalated to our pre litigation department' this was when I asked for the CCA. Details below.

24.1.12 Letter from Cabot returning fee and stating they will retrieve docs which they anticipate will be within 12 days.

9.2.12 Letter from Cabot stating the original lender is experiencing a delay in getting the docs, we remind you the debt is still legally due etc etc.

2.3.12 Letter from Cabot giving signed app form and statements and asking for payment.

11.5.12 Response recieved. I have only given the important parts rather than the whole letter.

They say that the information they have provided goes beyond the definition of a 'true copy' because they have sent a photocopy of a credit agreement which I signed, they didn't, they sent an application form!
    They say it is not their normal practice to recontruct credit agreements, they back this up by quoting Section 61 And Section 189(4) of the CCA.

The letter itself is dated 27th March 2012 and towards the end demands contact is made within 14 days!

I Would just ignore see what thay send next...........
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Was this a Limited company or was the card in your name as a sole trader?

Vint

Comment

Hi Vint, the account was in my name as a sole trader
        Originally posted by Fine Vintage View Post
        Was this a Limited company or was the card in your name as a sole trader?

Vint
        Last edited by originalmissy; 20 May 2012, 20:29.

Comment

Hi Vint, the account was in my name as a sole trader
          Ok, it was just a thought.

Vint

Comment

Has Niddy seen your agreement?

There is a link in his signature to e mail agreements to.

Also, what CC company was this.

Vint

Comment

Not yet, was waiting for Niddy's comment and invitation to send him a copy
              and yeah was originaly Cap One.

Originally posted by Fine Vintage View Post
              Has Niddy seen your agreement?

There is a link in his signature to e mail agreements to.

Also, what CC company was this.

Vint

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                As per thread title , Cap One!
                Last edited by Flowerpower; 21 May 2012, 09:28. Reason: Fixed quote :-)

Comment

Hi Flower, will do thank you.

Don't wait for an invitation, send him the agreement ---> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

As per thread title , Cap One!

Not sure the CCA applies to business accounts, let's see what The Boss says...
                    I would argue that the card holder is a sole trader, therefore any business card debt is personal debt, therefore it makes no difference.

Bare in mind, that i personally declared myself BR back in 2004, for a business lease, business overdraft of 10k, and business credit cards, which were all accepted, because i was self employed sole trader, not a ltd company.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thankyou, that was what I was thinking too. Hopefully Niddy will be able to assist when I have sent my email

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                      I would argue that the card holder is a sole trader, therefore any business card debt is personal debt, therefore it makes no difference.

Bare in mind, that i personally declared myself BR back in 2004, for a business lease, business overdraft of 10k, and business credit cards, which were all accepted, because i was self employed sole trader, not a ltd company.

Comment

What a palaver lol. Have sent a copy to Niddy.

Comment

What a palaver lol. Have sent a copy to Niddy.
                          with big white spaces where the important bits are

* no comment until you send the un-edited version
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originalmissy,
                            I am at exactly the same position right now with Cabot and my Capital One account.

They have insisted the Cap One application form is a compliant CCA, I have contested this in many letters to them, to the extent that the last letter I received from Cabot was quite shirty, and appeared to suggest they had had enough of telling me time and time again that they had fully complied with my CCA s78 request.
                            And they are not going to communicate any further on the matter. Therefore my account was being escalated to their pre litigation dept. and this is my one last chance to arrange payment.
                            My account with their "Pre Litigation Dept" is not for the first time I might add, and I have had more "last chances" to pay than I can remember. I have been sparing with Cabot on this one for a year already.

Not sure if I have run the course with them now and they will attempt litigation, I am just sitting it out and waiting to see what their next move is.

Your first move is to do as Niddy asks, send him your unedited version of the stuff Cabot have sent, and then you will get the correct support on how to respond to them.
                            Good Luck

Comment

Oooops sorry, I wasn't sure I must admit, lol Will resend full copy today.
                              Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              with big white spaces where the important bits are

* no comment until you send the un-edited version

Comment

Working...
                              X